Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pretty sure I will be having it July 1! Very excited. I am going to mexico and just have to make sure I have no issues with getting my passport and then I will buy plane tickets and be ready to go! Right now Im just nervous about everything coming together in time:willy_nilly:but I think once I have a passport and plane tickets, Ill start being more nervous about the actual surgery

Hi Anja! I will be crossing my fingers for you to get get approval and a date soon. I would imagine anything you can do prior to surgery would be helpful. I am slowly saying goodbye to caffine and have started not to use a straw when I drink - trying to toughen up that upper lip, so its use to hypothermia. :) I think it will make the transition to post banding easier..so its not too much to change all at once. Wishing you the best... Keep us posted!

Just found out Friday, my surgery is scheduled for July 26!!! So excited, but nervous, also. I start my 2 week pre-surgery liquid diet on July 12. Really nervous about that part!

july 12th for me. i can't wait. i've been working on getting this for almost a year now.

I was approved with the first submittance and surgery is scheduled for July 7th. I'm excited and nervous. I've been thinking about what I'm going to do to replace my relationship with food. I've decided to direct sales biz to gather a little change for traveling abroad. I will also complete lots of projects around the house.

Right here! Im scheduled to be banded on 7/30! I am self pay which sucks but really excited to do this. I'm nervous and a little worried but keeping positive!

My surgery date is also on July 2nd! I am so excited!

I started this journey June 2009. My PCP required 8-12 months of "nutrition" classes. In April 2010 I went to the surgeon information seminar. They told me to wait 2-3 weeks for a date. Well I was antsy so I called after 9 days only to find out they had lost my file... If I had waited the full 21 days I'd still be in limbo. After I got things jump-started again it moved very quickly. in one week I had an EKG, blood work, sleep study, pulmonary exam and I figured since I was on a roll I got my eyes tested too. That was last week....

So today I got the call July 13 is my date....

I am so excited and ready to get on to the next part of this.:(

I'm freaking out that my surgery won't be approved, although everything is pointing in that direction. I feel like I've invested so much into this decision -- told people (only close family), begun losing the weight the surgeon requires, attended pre-surgical groups, etc. I have a 41.5 BMI and the hospital seems pretty confident that it'll be a go. Still, it's torturing me. Anyone else having this problem? It may be another week or two before I hear for sure...

Yes i had this problem i was so stressed out because no one gave an answer as quick as i wanted that i begin doing bad i had lost 10lbs then gained 7 back lol so yea..atleast im still doing zumba class on saturdays. But anyway they approved me when i wasn't even thinking about it. that is what shocked me, and hopefully you will be approved.

my date is July 12th.

Me too! im nervous and excited

Hey, all you July bandsters out there....I'm scheduled for surgery on July 15 and have some vacation "issues".

10 days BEFORE surgery, I will be away at the beach with my kids for a week, and 2 weeks AFTER surgery I am flying down to NC to spend a week with the rest of my family. I am already worrying about what I can/can't eat during this time. Also if flying so soon after surgery is a good idea.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks all :(

In response to Hal's comment about keeping things secret.... This is one of my biggest fears right now - who will I tell? how will they respond? what if they criticize my choices? what will I say then?

My co-workers are all tiny little people who talk non-stop about fat grams and "being bad" when they eat .... so I don't feel safe talking to them about any of this.

Any ideas?

I'm being banded July 6th. Starting on Meditrim on June 22nd.

Edited by GreenBean2012

Hi nelliebeans 64, I just read your reply. I am lucky enough to have the support of my co-workers, my boss just had Gastric-Bypass 6 weeks ago. But I have a lot of friends who are tiny and constantly talk about how big they are and how horrible they look, because they have a tiny little roll on their stomach. My surgery is on July 1, and I am only telling people I trust not to put me down for it. They know how much I have struggled to loose weight, only to turn around and gain it all back and more...I hope that the band will help me to loose and keep it off. Good luck on your journey, Anja

Hey, all you July bandsters out there....I'm scheduled for surgery on July 15 and have some vacation "issues".

10 days BEFORE surgery, I will be away at the beach with my kids for a week, and 2 weeks AFTER surgery I am flying down to NC to spend a week with the rest of my family. I am already worrying about what I can/can't eat during this time. Also if flying so soon after surgery is a good idea.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks all :(

As far as flying, it should be fine but wear something comfy. I am having my surgery in Mexico so i have to fly home 2 days after the operation and pretty much everyone who has gone to mexico had to fly home that soon so it must be safe. Maybe just a little uncomfortable but I plan to wear a loose fitting dress or something.

And as for your vacations, good luck! I have a mini 3 day vacation/family reunion about a week before my surgery so im nervous about that too but I know I have to do what I have to do. I knew one girl who had the lap band done a week or two before christmas and she did really well. We all were at her house for dinner on christmas so she made a Soup (among other things) and we all assumed she just ate that, but knowing what i know now, she probably only drank the broth.

Dikotomy - I also have vacation issues. I have to be on a pre-op diet for 3 weeks and I have a camping trip, my sons graduation and my husbands high school reunion. Its going to be really hard but really I don't have a choice do I. Generally I think the next 3 weeks are going to suck, cooking for my family and only drinking meditrim and low glycemic vegetables. My husband and best friend will be at my side during these times so I'll have to lean on them. Do you have a good support system?

nelliebeans64 - I think we might be going to the same clinic? SWLC? I start the meditrim June 17th and I'm scheduled for July 8th! We are just going to miss each other. Good luck!