Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded May 5 and STARVING!!!

My surgeon's office told me that if I was hungry that I should call the office and they would let me move to solids. I had my surgery yesterday and have only had one Protein Shake in over 24 hours. I am not even close to being hungry. Not sure if I should drink, besides Water, even without being hungry.

I *tried* to go back to work today. Make it a whole whopping 3 hours before my boss told me I looked like death and sent me home. Mostly I'm just shaky and really pale....and still a lot sore where the port is.

When I got home I called New U back again. The nurse said I could try a couple sips on a Protein shake. YEA!!! I have one in the freezer now to get cold. At least it might get rid of this headache and not make me so shaky :cheers2:

Tonight's Soup from the deli.....Tomato Basil.

Oh, and my sister's graduation is tonight. Really debating whether to go or not. I am sure all my sisters, dad and brother will be there and they will all want to go to dinner afterwards. I have not told anyone in my family about my surgery. 3 hours in an uncomfortable theater folding seat and wiggling out of dinner doesn't sound like very much fun...and it's not like my sister has ever been very supportive of me or my family. Her and her boyfriend showed up at my wedding in their biker leathers, her purple bra as the only thing under her leather vest...and black redneck buck teeth. I was livid!!! So..I'm having a really hard time supporting the whole year she went to school to get a certificate that she lied to all of us and told us it was an associates degree until we called her on it.....Life in my family :scared2:

I'm so happy I've found you guys!!! I was also banded on May 5th and STARVING!!! I will admit that today it hit an all time LOW. While straining my Soup I took a bit of meat, noodles and a carrot and chewed it up good and then spit it out.:scared2: Yes I know it's disgusting, but I just couldn't take the bland broth and Protein Shakes. Since I'm confessing I also made chili for my family for dinner and today it came out "waterier" than normal. YES I DID!!! I took the exta liquid when it was done (only 2oz) and drink it. In my mind it was a liquid and allowed!

I actually feel better about confessing this to you guys! Now my 5 yo is demanding we go for a walk so I'll check back in later.

Take care,

Melissa:blushing:

I was banded 1 week ago and by thursday I was hungry. So my surgeons office let me move to mushies 4 days early. Saw the doc today as I had some intense pain after bending down to discipline my dog! No damage done...yeah. He asked how I was doing was I hungry. I said, yes I think I am getting hungry earlier between meals than I think I should. He said then move to real food. WOOHOO. :crying::thumbup::drool:

Oh and I am down 10 pounds since surgery!!!:)

I was banded on the 4th and by Friday I was actually hungry myself.

I had some waterd down refried Beans and moved on my own to a creamy based Soup and that helped until Monday. Monday,I thought I was going to chew my arm off.Ii took a bite of the scrambled egg beaters I made my family for Breakfast and chewed and chewed and it was GOOD!

I'm watching what kinds of mushies I am eating and sticking with SMALL portions and just trying one new thing at a time but so far, I have had NO problems and I am still loosing but it is helping me get my energy back! Doing just the shakes and broth alone was NOT working for me.

Glad I am not the only one!:)

I was banded on May 4th by a center ofexcellence in Hoffman Estates, Il. I was on Clear liquids 1 day psot op then on to full liquids creamed Soups, protien shakes, cream of wheat in 1/4 to 1/2 cup increments 3-4 times a day, which have really kept me satisfied. I had my 1 week follow up visit today I have lost 20 lbs since 10 days preop, and 8lbs since surgery- I feel great and started blended foods today OMG was the blended chicken w mashed taters yummy!!! I am so thankful I continue to feel full and satisfied. I think this medical group has this down to a science.

Good luck all its great to see so many had surgery so close and we can grow from each others experiences!!!

Collette

I'm 4 days out and starting to feel the same...very hungry! I get my first fill monday though, so I know it will be better after that!

I was on Clear Liquids the 1st 3 days after surgery and then got moved to full liquids... I will be on those til this Thursday (10 days post op). I went to my local sushi place and got some onion Soup. It has been very filling for me. I also like the broccoli and cheese soup from quizno's. I usually eat 1/4 cup cream of wheat in the morning, a Protein Shake, 2oz of soup and a jell-o (spread out over the day). I've been very full and I've lost 14lbs in 8 days! :) Good luck!!

Edited by Chloe1982

Thank goodness I found this post! I was banded on May 7th and am STARVING! My problem is that I despise the Protein Drinks and shakes - they are all too sweet! I have had enough broth to last a lifetime. Thankfully, I got to have some mushy food last night. I had refried Beans (as recommended by my surgeon) and I think I ate them too fast. A lot of discomfort for about 2 hours. Today I go for my post op and then two classes - soft food and then solids. I am looking forward to adding other things. This is really overwhelming. I also get the panic thing about our rapid initial weight loss and then it slowing down. This is how it has to be to be healthy and I think I just have to surrender to it. Thank you all so much for posting here!:)

Keep in mind that this is a process...... Right now you are just in a phase of healing from surgery. Your band has little to no restriction right now that is why you are hungry. It may take several months, several fills before you have any real restriction. Keep doing what your Dr.'s tell you and stick with it, it gets much better I promise.

i was also banded on may5th i really dont feel that hungry i am clear liquid diet untill the 14th and then on a full liquid diet to the end of the the month and the last day of the month i move to puree

but i just been snacking on Jello which fulls me up quickly and a friend of mines who had it done told to me try the broth from Soups like chicken noddle Soup

so i did and i felt full filled i brought progessive (how ever its spell) and it was really good of course i dumped all the good stuff out of it but the broth from it was very thick and flavorfull. so i been able to maintain for now.

I called my Dr. today and have been given the OK to add thicker substances (yogurt, creme Soups etc). :)

I can also start on pureed foods Saturday:drool:. tuna, chicken and Egg salad here I come.

Thanks guys!

I found the chicken noodle (egg noodles...approved) and Tomato Soup from Monarch weight center is really good. I put 1% milk instead of Water in the Tomato soup...more protein....they have no fat, no sugar and i think 1 carb...15 grams of Protein. They were satisfying and they have other flavors too.

i'm getting banded june 28th and you guys are making me a little nervous!!! please post back when it gets better!!!