Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i changed my doctor, because he wasnt paying attention to me, he wouldnt talk to me, he would fill me and wanted to see me two months later, and that was way too long for me, so i decided to try another doctor.

i was suppossed to have 4.5 in my 10cc band, but i wasnt feeling any different. the new doctor told me he wanted to make sure i had 4.5 so he was going to take the saline out just to check.... i had 1cc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what my doctor said he put at the time of surgery! :thumbup: no wonder when he would put the saline i didnt feel anything, it didnt hurt and he took like seconds and he was out of the room and wouldnt even stay to talk... now this fill was a real one, my new doctor put 3.5 yesterday, and i could feel the needle inside, hitting the port, unlike the other doctor where i had to ask are u done? hum! i didnt even feel it!

i wasted 4 months!!!!! i was so mad!!! my new doctor is really nice, and he was telling me that at least i figured put something wasn't right and i seek further help, but still i couldn't help how i was feeling!!! so mad, frustrated and no wonder i wasn't loosing weight! i had almost no fill in my band!

Sorry your Dr sucked so bad!! You should definitely leave a bad review here on the boards so other bandsters are warned. Good job finding a doc that cares and is glad that you are taking control of yourself, and not just sitting around waiting for the Dr. Sorry about the wasted time, but you are back on track now!! Good luck!

I think you should also write a letter to your old doctor's office and share your feelings with him.

I'm sorry that this happened to you!

Nothing good will come of these angry feelings, I think you should consider letting them go and go on with your wonderful new journey!!! Hugs!!!

i changed my doctor, because he wasnt paying attention to me, he wouldnt talk to me, he would fill me and wanted to see me two months later, and that was way too long for me, so i decided to try another doctor.

i was suppossed to have 4.5 in my 10cc band, but i wasnt feeling any different. the new doctor told me he wanted to make sure i had 4.5 so he was going to take the saline out just to check.... i had 1cc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what my doctor said he put at the time of surgery! :thumbup: no wonder when he would put the saline i didnt feel anything, it didnt hurt and he took like seconds and he was out of the room and wouldnt even stay to talk... now this fill was a real one, my new doctor put 3.5 yesterday, and i could feel the needle inside, hitting the port, unlike the other doctor where i had to ask are u done? hum! i didnt even feel it!

i wasted 4 months!!!!! i was so mad!!! my new doctor is really nice, and he was telling me that at least i figured put something wasn't right and i seek further help, but still i couldn't help how i was feeling!!! so mad, frustrated and no wonder i wasn't loosing weight! i had almost no fill in my band!

Did you pay for these phantom fills?

Wouldn't that be a fraudulent act on the doctor's part?

You think you were the only one he's been doing this to?

This should be addressed with him.

Nothing good will come of these angry feelings, I think you should consider letting them go and go on with your wonderful new journey!!! Hugs!!!

I agree with JoJo. It sounds like things are going to go much better for you. Look toward your bright future.:thumbup:

Did you pay for these phantom fills?

Wouldn't that be a fraudulent act on the doctor's part?

You think you were the only one he's been doing this to?

This should be addressed with him.

i am defenitly going to talk to him... and the fills he made were included when i paid for the surgery, wich was all self paid, so that is why i was sooo mad... i think if he had been doing this to me, someone else is probably affected and they dont know...

well, the good thing is you made up your mind and actually changed doctors. and remember that everything happens for a reason, so don't feel bad cause you wasted 4 months, it has only given you time to learn new things and find your new doctor!!! wish you the best.:)

Just one thought, I had several fills that seemed to go no where, and found out I had a leak in my port. So my doctor would fill me, then it would leak out.. So check back with your new doctor in a few weeks and make sure your fill is still all there. I had to have my port replaced, but like you I wasted several months figureing it out. Good luck.

That really sucks. I'm sorry that you had to go through that. Just a FYI: I got a fill last week, and it didn't hurt. So, just because it didn't hurt doesn't mean you didn't have a fill. However, I do believe that your doctors sucks and basically lied to you.

this fill definitely hurt, but it hasnt even been a week and i have lost 4 lbs already, so it is definitely working, and it never worked before... i am really happy i am already seeing the lbs go away, and i am actually feeling restriction, i dont know if enough restriction but some for sure... thanks for the comments!

If this were me, I would talk to your previous doctor. You paid, so it's not fair that he is going to rip you off and not pay attention to you. I wouldn't say anything mean, or burn bridges with him, but I would definitely address your concerns about it. It's only fair, and if he was ripping you off, repercussions should be handled.

I am experiencing the same thing - I have no restriction and I am SUPPOSE to have 9ccs in my band!

i was suppossed to have 4.5 in my 10cc band, but i wasnt feeling any different. the new doctor told me he wanted to make sure i had 4.5 so he was going to take the saline out just to check.... i had 1cc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what my doctor said he put at the time of surgery! :biggrin: no wonder when he would put the saline i didnt feel anything, it didnt hurt and he took like seconds and he was out of the room and wouldnt even stay to talk... now this fill was a real one, my new doctor put 3.5 yesterday, and i could feel the needle inside, hitting the port, unlike the other doctor where i had to ask are u done? hum! i didnt even feel it!

I am experiencing the same thing - I have no restriction and I am SUPPOSE to have 9ccs in my band!

i am so sorry this is happening to you, i recommend after what happened to me to tell your doctor to take saline out of your band, maybe he is not hitting the port when putting the solution in, or you have a leak... i dont think is normal, something must be going on in there... that is why i decided to check with another doctor... best wishes!

Wow, really, 9 and you feel nothing? I'd definitely ask the Doc to check it.

Also, a suggestion to all. Ask your office if there's a nurse practioner or someone else who's authorized to do fills. Not including the surgery, I think I've spent a total of 7 minutes with my surgeon. (Heck, include sugery and it's still less than a half an hour total.) He's a sweetheart of a man but a very busy bariatric and general surgeon.

I started scheduling fills with the NP and it's been like night and day. She has time to ask me about exercise, my diet, how the fills feels, how I'm coping mentally, etc. I'll definitely see the doc once a year or if something ever feels off. But otherwise, it's the NP for me!

Not to mention the wait time for my doc was an hour MINIMUM. Ridiculous with a full time job, two kids under age 4 and a 45 minute drive each way. With the NP, I'm in and out in 20 minutes.

Wow, I didn't mean to rant. Sorry. :biggrin: