Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Walking Playlist

Hey guys,

:frown:I am having a hard time getting in the groove of things. I know I need to walk but at 337 lbs. :lol: its not the easiest task. I know if I could find some good upbeat music for my MP3 player it might help. So my question to all of you is what is on your MP3 players? And how did you get started on an exercise program?:biggrin:

I find that anything with a super fast beat will keep me on track. I typically listen to kind of indie stuff, oldies, punk rock but I can't really listen to any of that when I walk! Running, yes. Walking? No.

For walking, I tend to dig up dance songs, club stuff, techno, etc. Stuff with a fast, steady beat that keeps me walking at a rate that will get my heart going.

My pre-op weight was 320 so I feel you on that, but walking is a great way to get started. It's a little too soon after banding for you to do much else anyway.

Though I do recommend the couch to 5k once you're cleared to do a little more exercise by your doc. Even if you don't think you can run, I started out walking at my "regular" pace for the walking intervals and then doing a really fast speed walk during the "run" intervals. After two weeks of that I started running and I haven't stopped since.

Anyway, I'd be typing for the next hour if I listed too many song recommendations but check out some club/techno stuff (you can just google or itunes search it and some pretty good stuff should pull up).

Good luck with everything. My doctor always pushes to get as much done the first year as possible, because it's harder after that. I'm a little over a year out and now I totally believe him. I'm still working on the weight (it's slow and steady), but I'm glad I got into a solid exercise routine early because it's made all of the difference.

OMG! this is a really good idea with the fast walking through the run intervals! I want to c25k so bad but I know I am too large and it could really damage me. I have been walking 2.5 to 3 miles a day but the fast walking could really bump me up on the fat burning. I also started at 326 and I am 245 now. I gotta do more or I am going to get flabby!!

I listen to what ever kind of mood I am in when I run or exercise for that matter. My favorite song when I am running is Eminem - Loose Yourself.

hello! to be honest i dont really like to run

but i have to...eh..

fast walking through the run intervals - hmm - i will try it too))

i really need to run (as my doctor is saying)

and when it happens i prefer listen to Whitney Houston or Michael Jackson

good luck to you !

Edited by Mortis

I have an eclectic mix of music on my mp3 player. The more upbeat includes stuff from Nirvana, pearl jam, pink, green day, Buck Cherry, Linkin park, Janes addiction, Boys like girls, Candle box, theory of a dead man, Nickle back, social distortion, and some other stuff. I also have some upbeat Tobby Keith and other country artists. You can also find some styx, air supply, foreigner, and other slow stuff. That way what ever i am in the mood for I have it. Have fun! Wayno