Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I was originally scheduled for May 14th, but got some blood work back and looks like I'm anemic...AGAIN. I fiured I'd take a month and get this under control before undergoing the surgery. I'm hoping and praying that with the weightloss the side effects of PCOS will also GO AWAY!!!

Anyway, wondering if anyone else was getting banded in June?!?

While I'm still on the fence on this a little bit, I have scheduled my surgery date for June 15.

I *could* probably do it in May, but I'm going to be travelling about half the month and I didn't want to be dealing with the post-op diet or any possible complications while away from home. So.... June works best for me, as I don't have any more travel until late July. :thumbup:

I've been following something very close to my surgeon's pre-op diet for several weeks now -- not exactly, but close -- and then I'll do it to the letter for the two weeks prior to surgery. If I decide to go for it, that is. I'm about 85% sure I'm going to go for it. heh

Being anemic will stop you from surgery? Oh wow I didnt know that! I better take my Iron pills cuz sometimes I am on the fence with that!!!!!

I might be banded in June! I went for my first appointment last July but had to do the six months of monitored weightloss with my doctor. Then the surgeon moved to another office so I have to have another initial appointment (May 4th). Then I just need an upper GI. I heard that approval with my insurance is super fast so I hope that I will be banded as soon as school lets out (I'm a teacher). :(

Got my Date today. I am scheduled for June 9th. Can't wait.

Chuck

I wish everyone the best of the and maximum weight loss success.

Chuck

CURVYCAT....what is your pre-op diet?! I see you've lost over 20# already!?!? Congrats?

Please enlighten me! If I can get off to a great start, that'd be fantastic!!

CURVYCAT....what is your pre-op diet?! I see you've lost over 20# already!?!? Congrats?

Please enlighten me! If I can get off to a great start, that'd be fantastic!!

Actually, I'm pretty sure I've lost even more than that, but I'm making myself stay off the scale until just before my first trip in mid-May.

My surgeon's pre-op diet is not nearly as restrictive as some.

1200 calories max - I usually hover between 1000-1200, but about 1 day/week I end up spiking it to about 1400

30 grams of carbs max - this was hard at the beginning, but has become easier. This is net carbs, dietary Fiber doesn't count

70 grams of Protein MIN - I have been getting well over this, typically over 100g/day

10 grams of fat max -- but I have not been following that one as closely for now. I will pare down the fat as well in the last 2 weeks before surgery. I do minimize the fat intake where I can, so no whole-egg omelettes with bacon and full-fat cheese, etc. But I'm not watching it like a hawk either. I tend to hit 20-35g per day.

I'm going to be doing this until May 13, at which point I'll be at Disney World for a week. I'll try to eat sanely there, but I won't be able to track my food. Then I'll be home for about 6 days before I go camping for almost a week. There I won't really be able to track either, but at least I'll be prepping my own food.< /p>

Then back home to start the pre-op diet again - this time to the letter - if I decide to have the surgery. :(

I eat a lot of lean chicken, beef, pork, and fish. A BIG egg-white omelette most mornings with veggies and fat-free shredded cheese. Leafy salads with low-fat, low-carb dressing. Very little fruit (which is the HARDEST part for me). No grains, breads, starches of any kind. Minimum of dairy.

If I'm ravenous and I need something to take the edge off before I crater, I'll make a shake with Optimum Nutrition's 100% whey Protein powder. I'll usually make it with Soy Slender vanilla or chocolate Soymilk too, and it's pretty tasty that way. :(

I can do restricted diets pretty well for a few months before I completely lose it and fall off the wagon hard. So knowing that I have a finite date (May 13, and then June 15) makes it MUCH easier than feeling like it's just this never-ending hunger. It took me over 3 years to take off 100 pounds between my pregnancies with diet and exercise alone (I gained it all back and then some), and the idea of torturing myself with hunger for that long again is VERY daunting.

If I decide not to have surgery, then I will have to reevaluate a plan that is more sustainable for the long-term. If I DO have surgery, then I have gotten a short break in the dietary monotony with my travels and can get gung-ho again pre/post op.

Edited by CurvyCat
protein was supposed to be a MINimum not max. :)

I just received my surgery date . . . June 16th! I'm so psyched about it. I need to lose 10 pounds but I've already lost 3 of that. I love my doctor's office. Here's my timeline.

April 14th - initial appointment

include: dietician, exercise consult, psychologist eval and doctor consult

April 15th - sleep study

April 16th - blood work

April 23rd - BCBS of Arizona approved :(

June 2nd - all day long class

June 10th - pre-op

June 16th - banding

Being anemic will stop you from surgery? Oh wow I didnt know that! I better take my Iron pills cuz sometimes I am on the fence with that!!!!!

Anemia won't stop you from surgery (or at least my surgeon hasn't told me that), I'd just rather enter into this with as little issues as possible, espcially if it's something I can fix...

Plus I have to admit, the gitters may have had a LITTLE something to do with it.:eek:

June 21st - my birthday and re-birthday all rolled into one. I was supposed to have it done on December 21st, but I was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to take care of that first. Can't wait, though. Good luck to you.

im june 2 {yayyyy} and sooo excited its all i can think about im thinking then end of june but june all the same good luck guys xxx:thumbup:

So I was originally scheduled for May 14th, but got some blood work back and looks like I'm anemic...AGAIN. I fiured I'd take a month and get this under control before undergoing the surgery. I'm hoping and praying that with the weightloss the side effects of PCOS will also GO AWAY!!!

Anyway, wondering if anyone else was getting banded in June?!?

Im hopeful for a June date. Just waiting for callback from surgeon to schedule. All prerequisites have been done.:scared2: