Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Morning late April Band Bunnies!!!

Just wondering how we are all doing with our pre-op diets.

This is day 3 for me. It really seems much longer :thumbup: I am starving, grouchy and o by the way I AM HUNGRY!!! lol

I saw some post about this, they say day 4 it gets better. Knowing there is hope, and knowing there are people who know exacly what I feel helps so much. You guys have been a lifesaver!!

I'm on day 8 of the diet and the first 4 days are definitely the worst. I ended up going to be early every night the first week because I was hungry. It seemed to help. Now I'm doing well on the diet and have lost about 6 pounds. My surgery is in 6 days and I can't wait!!!

Congrats on the 6 pound loss!! My day is 29th as well. I am so excited. We should keep in touch.

Hang in there. It really does get a lot better. Just don't eat any extra carbs or you will undo what you have accomplished and set yourself back. It will be worth it when you get to surgery and your liver is shrunk down and your surgery is easier! You also do not have to go through carb/sugar withdrawal at the same time as surgery discomfort.

Keep your eye on the prize!!!!!

Well I"m on day 9 of pre op diet and being at home on the weekend has been hard. Last weekend we were on the road and I was busy all the time so did not think about it much, but I did have to miss the drinks with friends and the great Mexican food all around, but I made it.

Only only 4 more more days.

Hope everyone else hangs in there, you are doing this for yourself......

Oh ya, I just got some sugar free cheesecake pudding and sugar free caramel syrup(the kind for coffee) and add it to my vanilla Protein shake, it's nice to have another flavor other than berry... :eek:

My date is April 28th, i'm really excited and ready to go! On day 11 on the South Beach diet (not sure why they didn't put me on the liquid diet), a little crabby without carbs and stuff but it will be worth it!! Hang in there everyone!!

4 days to go until surgery. I'm down 14 pounds and lost 2 inches around my waist. I am so hungry though. My kids are sitting next to. 1 is eating a grill cheese and the other a BLT. The smell is rediculous. I am so fustrated right now. The only thing keeping me from eating is the whole liver shrinking.

beachcitygirl - Congrats on 14lbs!!! You should be so proud. 4 Days to go and we will be banded! Keep your eye on the goal (and maybe move to a different room when your family is eating delicious foods.) I had to leave my office today at lunchtime because someone was eating Italian food that smelled devine and all I had was a Slimfast shake. When I came back in, the smell was gone and I could focus again.

Keep up the good work. The best is yet to come!

Today is the last day on my diet. A shake for dinner and nothing after 9 PM. Just a sip of Water for my thyroid meds in the morning.

As of Friday I had lost 14 lbs in 11 days. I was amazed! I had a headache the first few days. I wanted to eat all the time but I was not "hungry." I just knew food was around and I wanted to eat. I am proud of what I did.

Best wishes to everyone who is finishing out the month on their diets. I hope you all do well in your procedures this week.

See you on the other side... in Bandsterland.

Today is the last day on my diet. A shake for dinner and nothing after 9 PM. Just a sip of Water for my thyroid meds in the morning.

As of Friday I had lost 14 lbs in 11 days. I was amazed! I had a headache the first few days. I wanted to eat all the time but I was not "hungry." I just knew food was around and I wanted to eat. I am proud of what I did.

Best wishes to everyone who is finishing out the month on their diets. I hope you all do well in your procedures this week.

See you on the other side... in Bandsterland.

Excellent! You did great! :unsure:

Good luck on your surgery. It is not so bad and well worth it. Had mine April 7, have now lost 30.6 pounds with the preop diet and feeling good! The preop is worth it so your surgery is easier. :scared2:

Now that April is over and everyone has been banded, how is everyone doing? I'm having a slow recovery - lots of gas pains and discomfort. I was banded on the 29th and am still not back to normal yet. How is everyone else's surgical recovery?

I was banded on 29th. I am feeling better than I expected. I had the gas pains pretty bad yesterday. I took 4 walks through out the day, and the Gas X. This really helped a lot. Today I have some pain in left shoulder. I am able to do pain meds. every 5 hours instead of 3. I am hungry today, but it is managable. I am definatly happy with my decision.

I was banded on the 28th and I have to admit it did knock me out the first few days, between the gas pain and shoulder pain, but today I actually feel i'm almost back to normal!! started Protein Shakes today and they aren't as bad as I thought, and I lost 5 lbs so far (14 including 2 wk pre op diet)...its so nice to have support from u guys!! :0)

Well I made it!

Surgery was on Friday Mornig and by 10:00 am I was in my room. I had no pain to speak of , never took any of the pain meds on the pump just the meds from surgery and another one the doctor ordered.

By that afternoon all i wanted was to get out of there and go home, heavens knows a person can not sleep in a hospital, how can these people not know that noise carries, so why must they be so noises!...

I'm home and yes the second day did bring the shoulder pain but a couple of walks up and down the block helped.

Now I'm dealing with the Constipation, going to try a little apple juice to see if that helps.

Just plan to read a book or two and enjoy a little time at home...:thumbup:

It seems like the Late April Bunnies are doing well... despite a few roadblocks with soreness and emerging hunger. Hang in there everyone until we start to get our adjustments.

If you have not read it, there is a very honest thread out there for those of us less than 3 months out who have been discouraged. The next few months are going to be challenging as we try and reach our "green zone."

Just continue to adopt your new eating habits even when you know you can eat more. Enjoy the new energy you have and keep exercising.

We will be successful! We were banded in April after all so that has to count for something.