Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved....it's such a beautiful word!!!

It's official...I'm approved!!! My surgeon faxed the paperwork to Tricare yesterday morning. I called a little after noon to make sure they had received it. Yup, all 80 pages (seriously, 80 pages :) and I didn't even do any thing but a psych eval, not even a 6 mth diet or sleep study...80 pages)!! She said it would take them at least 5-7 days to go through it all.

I called back today about 10:00 because it didn't show up on the website yet as pending...I asked if they needed anymore info.....nope, just going through the review process, 5-7 days... blah blah blah. Within 1/2 hour it showed up on the website with the code for the port placement as approved, the band placement said pending. Not 15 minutes later the patient coordinator for Tricare called me personally to tell me it was all approved. I was so excited I started crying. She asked me if I was having the surgery on May 5th.....that's what the surgeon put on the request :thumbup:. I hung up and within minutes the approval letter was online...click & print and it's in my hot little hands.

The lady at the surgeon's office that does the scheduling won't be in until tomorrow and Tricare will be faxing the approval letter for them 1st thing in the morning. So tomorrow I should have a definite date....I really need a Thursday because of my work deadlines so the 5th doesn't work so well...we'll see. If the 5th is all I can get then I'll make it work....no way I'm putting this off another week!

So....I guess I'll be finding an avatar pic and making a tracker. I didn't want to do it until I knew for sure I could be a real bandster...but now I know and I'm so happy I could scream and dance and do cartwheels (if I could :lol:).

Congrats! Im getting banded 5/17... i put mine off a week later then I had to because I'm scared! haha

GOOD LUCK!

Congrats on your approval. I was approved last week so I am still excited as well! I am getting banded on the 10th of May. We are May bandster buddies! I too didn't make an avatar or anything fancy on my profile until I had the approval! Too funny! Well, congrats. Keep in contact! :thumbup:

Omigoodness that is soooo exciting you got it so quickly!! Good luck!!

I just love how supportive everyone is on here!

I'm off to figure out how to join the May bandsters.....YEA!!!

Congrats on your approval. I was approved last week so I am still excited as well! I am getting banded on the 10th of May. We are May bandster buddies! I too didn't make an avatar or anything fancy on my profile until I had the approval! Too funny! Well, congrats. Keep in contact! :thumbup:

ummmm....how do i join the May social group? and how do i do a signature...i work with computers all day so if i just get pointed in the right direction then i should be able to figure it out

and....how do i accept you as a friend? i'm so excited i got a friend request!

Oh wow! I have to go see my doctor tomorrow to get measured since Tricare is being fussy. I hope I get approved too. The doctor is going to do all he can to make sure I do. I'm even getting a photo ready to take with me because the nurse said Tricare asked for one! I sure wish Tricare was more consistent. My nurse told me she had other Tricare patients and as they met the standards, I should too. Hubby is stressed big time. It's starting to rub off on me. Congratulations!

I am so excited about the lovely word called approval. I was approved on Tuesday, April 20th and I have my preop appointment scheduled for April 28th and banding 1-2 after the preop appointment. I'm so excited and I'm just ready to do this.

Yeah - that is wonderful!!!!!! I got approved this week too!!! My date is 5/19!!! Good Luck!!!

Looks like this is a very good week for some of us :thumbup:

Rsilversea - don't get discouraged, just keep at it and don't let them get you down. If your doctor says you're qualified then keep fighting!

Yay! Congrats!!

I got approved recently and my surgery is 5/13! We're all in this together now! Go May Bandsters! Go ALL Bandsters!!! :thumbup:

wow!!! That's just great, i am so happy for you.....i wish you the best..please keep us posted. Welcome to the losers bench.:thumbup:

So happy for you and soooooo jealous! My file has been sitting with BCBSIL since last Wednesday. I call and check every day, but no word yet.

Good luck to you!

kagead

:thumbup: Hello, well I call my insurance company today and I was told that I was approved. I called the Dr's office to verify that they have rec'd the approval and they have. I am then scheduled for the pre-op with the Dr for tomarrow afternoon. Does anyone know what follows from here?

@ Lace...I've been told pre op diet and bandinf within two weeks.