Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

EMERGENCY! Need advice!!

How about just saying you are trying to stay away from alcohol because it has too many calories and you are trying to take off some weight? or maybe, "I just don't feel like drinking today."

I used the excuse Humming Bird gave for when I went to a party 1 week before my surgery. When I went to a party with many of the same attendees 1 month after surgery, I said the same thing again and they were no longer skeptical because they had noticed the changes.

Tell them you're going to AA LOL!

Hahaha ya'll are too funny! My surgery is May 5th I'm telling my friends that I'm having a hysterectomy! (I had one yrs ago) lol

You're taking antibiotics for a UTI. Happens all the time. Or have a glass of wine and sip it slowly.

; )

Yep flagyl definitely causes a violent reaction if mixed with alcohol. I can attest to that as when I was younger I was taking it and went to a party. I figured the alcohol wouldn't hurt it would just make the mediaction less effective(thats why you can't drink with most antibiotics). Well I think I had 2 drinks and I have never been so sick in my life. It was awful.

Flagyl is quite a common drug. Its prescribed for recurrent/resistant yeast infections amongst other things.

For heaven's sake!!!! What's wrong with the truth????

"I am over weight," (doh you must be cus you are having surgery) "and I am on a very strict diet." "Alcohol drinks are empty calories and I must avoid it. I will be happy to raise a glass of wine as a toast your success in singapore"

Why complicate things with such twists and turns with all these stories as suggested above?

Regards

Hal

Am I am being banded on May 5th, and have had a few business

functions that I will just say docs have told me to avoid alcohol for the next couple of months to monitor hormone levels.

Say whatever it takes so you don't feel awkward. This is a lifelong decision and will really have to start adapting now!

For heaven's sake!!!! What's wrong with the truth????

"I am over weight," (doh you must be cus you are having surgery) "and I am on a very strict diet." "Alcohol drinks are empty calories and I must avoid it. I will be happy to raise a glass of wine as a toast your success in singapore"

Why complicate things with such twists and turns with all these stories as suggested above?

Regards

Hal

Weren't you the one who was trying to rig up a story about a cruise to cover up your surgery?

Hello again

2nd post today.

I am a very private person, and I don't think I will be telling anyone, other than the wife that I will have, or had the band.

Who wants to hear about my "Operation" anyway.

I mention this because when reading the post op forum, someone was heartbroken because of a thoughtless comment from a co-worker.

Maybe I will do a poll

Regards

Hal

Good Morning all;

As I have posted previously, I want to keep my band to myself. No one's business but mine. I work in an office, but will not tell them. Naturally if I come to work too soon, and exhibit pain or discomfort that will bring on questions. I am trying to figure out some senarios wherein I can dissappear for a week or so and not be questioned.

In this connection I am thinking about a 5 night cruise out of NYC. I enjoy cruising and would have medical attention available. could walk the deck for the walking part, could recline on a deck chair as I hear this is comfortable. Many Plus's. Only negative would be the dining - or lack there of.

I think I could get a 5 night cruise for around $250 each. That would be one of those "Last minute Deals", so maybe I would not find something. But "Last minute" really means 3 to 4 weeks before you leave, so if I got one I could build my story around that, or if I miss a deal I could simply say I am taking a week off.

Any thoughts from experienced banders about my cruise deception idea?

Regards

Hal