Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just interested in knowing what other doctors, besides mine, are requiring for pre-op diets.

Hi - you will see a wide range on here - from just one day to 3 weeks - my Dr is a 2 week liquid diet only!!!! I start that May 5th!!!

I wonder why the wide variety? My doctor is requiring a 2 week liquid diet. Which consists of a Protein Shake for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then anything else clear or solid liquid in between, as long as it's sugar, and fat-free.

Dr Kurian is my doctor. I start the liquid diet tomorrow and my surgery is scheduled for 5/4. I can have 5 shakes (they listed several suggestions). I chose muscle milk and glucerna because they were at costco. I can have diet drinks and sugar free pops with a total cal. count of 30 cal. I also can have one can of chicken Soup. On 5/2 I'm going to a very fancy wedding and I'll just be drinking Water and diet coke. Too bad about that.

I'm on a preop diet starting today...yeah (not really)

I'm doing my banding through True Results

Meal 1 Choose 1 serving of 2 of the the following (yogurt, fruit, eggs, Cereal, toast, bagel, waffle or muffin)

Meal 2 1 serving of Protein Drink

Meal 3 1 serving of lean meat or fish and 1 serving of green veggie

Meal 4 1 serving of Protein drink

And the drink of choice all day long is...water.

My doctor didn't allow any carbonated soda on the pre-op clear liquid diet.

On 5/2 I'm going to a very fancy wedding and I'll just be drinking Water and diet coke. Too bad about that.

I am over 1/2 way through the pre op diet. I am to have 2 weeks of liquid diet only. 3 boost energy drinks a day (morning,noon,dinner).

At this point I am thuroughly jealous of those who are allowed a dinner with some protien and greens.. :thumbup:

But the weight is coming off. Getting my lap band next Wednesday.

has anyone found any Protein Shakes that actually taste good?

I am on day 9 of 15. My surgery is on 4/27. My pre-surgical diet includes 4 Protein shakes a day, and a choice of 5 of the following: 1/2 cup of natural applesauce; 1/2 cup of cream of wheat or regular oatmeal; 1/2 cup of a creamed Soup - low fat, made with water; 1/2 cup of sugar free pudding; or 1/2 cup fat free yogurt.

I do like powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury shakes - I am just getting tired of them, but they do taste good I like the chocolate best.

I wish I had the diet with the meat and vegs --- the breakfast sounds wonderful, I would so love an egg for breakfast!:thumbup:

I have survived day 1 and ending it with a Protein Shake. I purchased a Protein blend from GNC. It ends whey something amp 60 because it has 20 g of protein and less carbs. Taste similar to chocolate like milk and keep me full for exactly 3 hrs. Greatest thing if you don't like it you can return it or exchange it.

my preop diet consists of a Protein Shake for breakfast and lunch. 2 servings of each daily: sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles or broth. dinner is 4 oz of meat and 1/2 Cup of non startchy veggies. you can have all of the Water, crystal light and Decaf tea you want. I just finished day 3 and it is hard. Today is my sons bday and I did have 1/2 of a small slice of pie-which I am not supposed to have. I get the shakes between meals, but as of tonight have gone down 9 lbs plus having my first visit from "Flo" in 14 mths!

has anyone found any Protein shakes that actually taste good?

I was really concerned about being able to drink the Protein Shakes.. I can't stand any of them.. I have always gagged trying to drink them. I went to GNC looked at all the different brands, got some feedback from a body builder dude that was shopping in there.. I asked him which one he thought taste the best.. he told me he has tried just about EVERY Protein shake on the market and the best tasting one he found is GNC's Pro Performance AMP (Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60) he said chocolate taste best. Now, I have to admit I had my sights set on the pre-made drinks my dietician told me muscle milk light is good, nut it is so much more expensive! so I took "buff" guy's advice and bought the powder. The directions on the bag say to use 3 scoops per 12oz.'s of Water.. BUT that is for body builders.. he told me to use one scoop which would be less than 1g of fat and about 2g of carbs and 20 grams of Protein, This is within the range that my dietician told me to stay (5-10-15) I splurged on the cool mixer cup with the metal ball inside although he told me the powder mixes so well I could use a spoon. I started my pre-op diet yesterday (4/22) and I have to say the shakes are not bad.. I use bottled Water and made sure it was real cold, drank it thru a coffee stirrer from the mixer cup and had no problem with it at all. It reminded me of drinking a chocolate YooHoo and the consistency is about the same. It was NOT powdery at all, when i got to the bottom there wasn't even any residue in the cup! (no I didn't lick it out) lol

I have to drink one shake for bkfast. one for lunch

and I get to eat a a low fat low carb dinner.. 4-6oz. of lean meat, non starchy veggies. no breads or sugar. and no sodas not even diet, which doesn't bother me because I don't drink soda anyway. I have to do this for 2 weeks.. Getting banded on may 5th!!!! Excited and nervous :(

Wow u lost 9 lbs. in 3 days?? That's amazing! I am on day 2of my pre-op diet. On the 26th I go see doctor, and my case manage and dieticain.. it has been almost 5 months since i weighed in.. they said if i have gained more than 10 lbs. my surgery will be cancelled! I freaking out because I have gained about 13 lbs! I am really hoping this pre-op diet will get me down to where i need to be BEFORE MONDAY!! You post gives me encouragement thanks!! Band date May 5th

I have survived day 1 and ending it with a Protein shake. I purchased a Protein blend from GNC. It ends whey something amp 60 because it has 20 g of protein and less carbs. Taste similar to chocolate like milk and keep me full for exactly 3 hrs. Greatest thing if you don't like it you can return it or exchange it.

That's what I'm using.. it's not to bad eh? Reminds me of chocolate Yoohoo. I only use one scoop with 12ozs of Water, the pkg. says use 3 scoops but don't because that is 60 g of protein!