Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April and It Ain't Over

Sorry, I haven't been here in a long, long while. I've been rereading some of the past logs for February and March. In most of them, it was as if I had written them and put your names to them.

I too just had a refill. I didn't have much restriction and I too was almost at weight goal and then became over confidient and starting eating like I had control. My lowest weight was I81lbs then over ate and went back up to 200lbs. I never stopped exercising but my eating was out of control. Making wrong and bad food decision. Junk food, fried foods cakes and then the infamous Girl Scouts Cookies.

But I began doing zumba dancing, hot yoga and regular yoga nad back into the gym. So, I didn't not lose the weight yet, just maintaining and since I've been refilled my eating is more restricted. I've signed up for 20 hot yoga classes which can figure out to 10 weeks of classe at 2x a week or 6 weeks of classes at 3x a week. But, I want to be back in the clothes I bought last year and 175lbs. All this for my daughter's high school graduation in June and my birthday in July.

So, since we've all vowed to do better and we know we can let's do it. My mantra is "It's InSide All of Us To Do". And you know what I mean. It's April and It Aint' Over.

Thanks for starting the thread, Whitepants. I fear we've lost most of our original March 2007 bandsters. I SO would like to know how they are all doing! It does seem that we are all going through similar trials, though. I got out my spring/summer clothes today (the snow finally melted in our yard in the Utah mountains) and am hoping I can wear them but I think I'm up about 7 lbs from my low and some were a little tight to begin with so I'm nervous. I just HAVE to get serious again!

Stress for me is a HUGE issue and I just went through the decisions and process (and endless paperwork) involved in putting my mom in an assisted living facility--she has Alzheimer's disease and would not consider living with me. She wants to be back in her house by herself (who wouldn't?) so is sad and angry and I'm so stressed about it and her attitude (so extremely negative about everything). Anyway, maybe an explanation although certainly not an excuse for my recent gain. I've got to get control of the things I can control (my mood and eating) instead of the letting the things I can't control (Alzheimer's and my mother's moods) control me.

A new week is before us. Let's do our best, be kind to ourselves, but hold ourselves to our weight-loss goals and guidelines. What do you think?

Good luck to you--sounds like your are on a great exercise track. Good for you. Thanks for keeping in touch--I wish you the best. Karen

Sounds as if we are all in the same boat. Trying to excerise and not eat, but as always food is my way of coping with everything. I go to the Y every morning and walk in they pool for a hour or hour and half, but I never lose any weight. I have no idea where I would be if I didn't do this.

My knees are so bad, but the doctor won't do anything until I lose more weight, which you would think would have be more motivated. I just get more depress. I have so far pass up a trip to Texas and one Ireland. I just can't do the walking it takes.

So keep up the good work and never every give up.

God Bless everyone.

Edited by carol1951
not yet finished.

Hey Just Checking In. One thing about us is we won't give up. Yeah sometimes we mess up and sometimes we mess up big time. But when we realize what is happening to us, we vent, let it take it's course and then get back on track. We will never, never give up but, as we've all said before, we are a far cry from where we would of been had we not made this amazing and brave lifestyle change.

Again as we remember, we did not get our previous size over night and it will not happen over night. Yeah, some people have lost and maintained all their weight but, what changes did they go through before they got it right?

And losing it all at once will not get us into the frame of mind to eat and make good, better and the best food choices. Learning to change our way of eating has shown us healthy ways of eating and for some improved our health. I myself haven't not been taking off any of my meds. But, at least they were not increased in doses. And for that I am thankful for.

I sabortage myself when I am about to make my next milestone in weight loss. Just like I was 6lbs from my goal weight, I blew it and began eating out of control. But, this time around, I'll loss the weight and then onto maintaining it. Even if it takes till the end of the year, I will be there.

Well. enough for me, how are you doing?

Well said, Whitepants! Thanks for the encouragement. I've had a better day today and that's all I'm asking of myself right now.

hi everyone....

April showers bring may flowers....had to say that...we always said it when we were kids.

igot my fill about 1 month ago. before the refill...i had food on my mind 24/7. after the fill i went back to not thinking about food unless i was hungry.

i've lost 12 lbs of the20 something i gained. i've tried very hard to stay away from ice cream (which was the reason i put the weight on) and had a Protein shake in the morning so i have energy.

it's been working altho' last weekend i got cocky and had ice cream and the scale is stuck and i had a bit of depression after all that sugar. you would think i would learn my lesson. so i'm back on the wagon altho' the band seems to be very tight this week..

we all seem to be in a similar boat.

whitepants: you are right. we gain the weight over a span of years and i give up 1 meal and want to be in size 7 ha! i think you will get to goal.....when you get close to a milestone....be sure to lean on us....

momlambert: i feel for you re: your mom. but i have to tell you it is probably the most loving decision you are making. my sister in law tried to watch her aunt that had Alzheimer's and it was a danger for her aunt. she simply just didn't know what she was doing. i know it must be hard....but know you made the decision for her well being

carol: dont beat yourself up. i know how you feel. the more i was gaining and hating myself... the more i ate. i have to tell you i started doing what i did when i stopped drinking 22 years ago. ....i was desperate....i prayed and prayed hard. i feel like i started to get power to say no. i also stopped weighing myself. this always defeats me when i step on the scale every day.

anyway girls....have a great night and "keep on keepin'on"

hi everyone....

momlambert: i feel for you re: your mom. but i have to tell you it is probably the most loving decision you are making. my sister in law tried to watch her aunt that had Alzheimer's and it was a danger for her aunt. she simply just didn't know what she was doing. i know it must be hard....but know you made the decision for her well being

Thanks so much Josie. I REALLY needed your encouragement. In my heart I know it was the right decision but somehow I just keep second guessing myself. It's hard to feel confident and positive when all she does is complain. But, like everything else, I'm learning good lessons from these trials.

Hey everyone!! Just thought I would check in and see what was going on with all you. It looks like things are slow. Hope things pick back up soon.

Well, last month had a scare that the cancer had spread to my liver. After an MRI and a very long weekend, I found out it hadn’t! So right now I can say that there is No Evidence of Disease (NED)!! Still short of breath when I do to much and that includes walking at t normal pace for more that a few minutes. I keep plodding along. My new motto is “Not as good as I was but nowhere near good as I am going to be”. So needless to say I haven’t given up.

Now on to band related stuff. I have been unfilled for a year and I put on pretty much all the weight I had lost. Granted, this has been a year from hell so I am not too upset about that. I was told that it takes 6 months to a year (sometimes longer) for the chemo to get out of my system so trying to keep my energy level up is kind of hard. I do work for 8.5 hours a day (which I am grateful for) and when I get home I am ready for a nap. I have no energy to even cook supper. I am trying to get up earlier so I can walk in the morning. When I do that, I am good till about 6:30-7:00. But none of this is any excuse for not eating right. I do fine during the day, but I am back to my old habits of grazing after super. Heck, super is mostly carbs with very little veggies. That is something I am also going to work on as my A1C is creeping back up and I don’t want to have to go back on my diabetes meds again. I have yet to decide when I am going to remove my chemo port because of the scare last month, but until I do have it removed I can’t get a fill because I have to take horse pills for everything to prevent infections. I have to take them just to have my teeth cleaned. If I can get the antibiotics in liquid form, I might go for a fill next month if my band checks out ok. I also have another hernia that I need repaired.

Oh, before I go, Momlambert, I didn’t even recognize you!! You are looking good!! Way to go!!

Wonderful news on the lack-of-cancer news! Congrats. That must be such a HUGE relief. I'm so happy for you.

It sounds like you have really evaluated what is important in life. Glad you aren't beating yourself up over weight gain. I'm sure you'll get back to where you want to be--all things in due time. Stay positive--your attitude as served you well throughout your cancer and lapband journey. You are an inspiration.

Thanks so much for the compliment. Unfortunately, my computer crashed last year and I lost all of my before pictures. I'm sure I can find some around and get them scanned or something but I really don't have any right now that I can use for comparison purposes. I'm surprised you remember how I looked (I hardly do!). You made my day.

Take care and keep us posted--it's so good to hear from you and so good to hear such great news. Karen

MRS. HUSKER CONGRAtS ON BEING NED!!!!

This is wonderful news, and im so happy for you. Im glad that you are not letting the weight gain get to. You had to deal with kicking cancers butt!!! :eek:

So i have been struggling majorly with my weight!!! :wink: I dont know what happened, i was doing so wonderfully and then i got lazy and things spun out of control...

I havent been on here so long because i was embarrassed with myself... Also ive been kind of in denial with it as well... I realized part of the reason i was doing well was when i was weighing in every morning and coming on here and posting every day.. the support helps so much....

I have to create a schedule where i can fit in time to go to the gym and stick to it... its so hard working full time an going to school full time finding time to do homework and go to the gym plus sleep...

So rather than miss out on too much sleep ive been skipping the gym, leading to poor food choices. Also ive been missing out on sleep and leading to more poor food choices..

So its a vicious cycle that must be broken!!!!

so my goal for this week is to lose 1-2lbs this week. and to check in here at least every 3rd day... Anyone else with me??

-Jeni M.

Edited by Jeni 85