Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mexico??

Guest glitziegrandma

Guest glitziegrandma

I am seriously thinking of going to Mexico if my insurance regects me. But where in Washington/Oregon is there a Dr. to do after care.

Anyone have any ideas. thsi is so great to have this. But I am forum illiterate as far as posting and answering. I have never been on a site like this. Be patient!

I can't answer your fill doctor question, but I'm also considering a back-up plan. In my research process I've learned that flights via secondary airline are pretty cheap and may end up costing less than a local fill doctor (depending on the fees locally). I'm still looking into local and have found that other docs usually charge quite a bit more for fills, but it doesn't hurt to check out all your options. :D

Guest glitziegrandma

Thanks Misty for replying!

Fortunately I have a daughter who works for the airlines and am able to get there pretty cheap. But I am willing to pay!! Anything to get this fat off!

Gail

Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey, Mexico and Dr. Fox in Washington State have psrtnered before and have published together.

I THINK it costs less if you "start" with Rumbaut and have him refer you for aftercare, than if you start with Fox...but I'm not sure.

Sue

Hello all I am in Washington and went to see Dr. Arturo Rodriguez in Monterrey, Mexico and have lost 55 lbs in 3 months tommorrow. 11/28/03 I will be having my fills at Tacoma Radiology. I have never seen Dr. Fox but saddly my tribe from what I was given to understand has had one Tribal Member die after having surgery by him. And then we have another tribal member who is very ill. Look around before you choose who you see. Try to get all of the facts. If you need any information email me.

Nicole,

Since LapBand related deaths are so rare, do you have reliable information on this? Is it a recent death? Was it surgeon error or did the patient's actions contribute to the death? (I know that in the Michigan death, the patient didn't seek care, then sought care at a different hospital, without mentioning the surgery and by the time the staff figured out that she had let a minor problem become life-threatening, it was too late.)

I don't know Fox and wasn't recommending him for surgery, just aftercare. But if there is a potential problem there, can you hook us up with the sources of that information?

Sue

Originally posted by nicolekiper

I have never seen Dr. Fox but saddly my tribe from what I was given to understand has had one Tribal Member die after having surgery by him. And then we have another tribal member who is very ill. Look around before you choose who you see. Try to get all of the facts. If you need any information email me.

Tacoma Radiology does fills for patients that got banded in Mexico.

You should ask Nicole for the address, or if needed I think I can find out the info, just let me know :rolleyes:

But make sure you have the Iamed lapband installed,if you plan to get fills in the usa, thats the only band that is approved by the FDA.

Sue,

Nicole is correct. I will find the articles that I have about Dr. Fox. My cousin was going to have Gastric Bypass surgery a few years ago and we did research about Dr. Fox. I don't think he had any band related deaths but as for his overall practice I personally won't contribute to the success of a Doctor that IMHO is very reckless in the care he provides in his other services. I don't have the links readily available on this computer but I will round them up and post them for you hopefully by the weekend.

Everyone needs to make their own choice on who to see. I can understand if some people use Dr. Fox and are happy with him and I certainly am not placing judgement on those that do. All I am saying is that for myself I would prefer to see someone else even if it costs me a bit more money.

Originally posted by GeezerSue

Nicole,

Since LapBand related deaths are so rare, do you have reliable information on this? Is it a recent death? Was it surgeon error or did the patient's actions contribute to the death? (I know that in the Michigan death, the patient didn't seek care, then sought care at a different hospital, without mentioning the surgery and by the time the staff figured out that she had let a minor problem become life-threatening, it was too late.)

I don't know Fox and wasn't recommending him for surgery, just aftercare. But if there is a potential problem there, can you hook us up with the sources of that information?

Sue

Hello all I am in Washington and went to see Dr. Arturo Rodriguez in Monterrey, Mexico and have lost 55 lbs in 3 months tommorrow. 11/28/03 I will be having my fills at Tacoma Radiology. I have never seen Dr. Fox but saddly my tribe from what I was given to understand has had one Tribal Member die after having surgery by him. And then we have another tribal member who is very ill. Look around before you choose who you see. Try to get all of the facts. If you need any information email me.

Hello, My name is Irene and I hope I do this right this is my first time on something like this. But I'm in the process of looking for a good surgeon in Mexico I came across Dr Arturo Rodriguez's website and I'm very interested. I just need someone in the US to ease my mind and let me know he's okay. And how things are going.

I had surgery on Dec. 5th from Dr. Pedro Kuri in Tiajuana Mexico. I cannot say enough about him and my experience there. I would recommend him to anyone that is self paid.

As for finding a doctor/facility that will do aftercare in your area (Oregon/Washington) the surgeons office most likely will have a list of fill locations for you. My surgeon did for me and there was several locations in Florida that I could go to. I know for sure also that there is a place in Salem Oregon that will take Mexico patients. Salem's my home town so I always check things out there even through I haven't lived there in 6 years. LOL

I am in Texas, so I went thru El Paso to Juarez. The hospital is right across the border there.

I lost 9 pre opt, and 52 since banding July 9th. I think the surgery care was much better than I have seen in the U.S. when my Dad was sick. Tons of nurses and IV for pain for 24 hours. I was alone, so I needed the after care you get in Mexico but not here in the U.S.