Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction Finally!!!!

Well I had my 4th fill and now I know what "restriction" feels like. I had my first PB episode also......I had read about people saying that they couldn't possibly take another bite - I couldn't imagine that....Well, I understand that comment now! I also remember people saying that they could only eat 1/2 cup of food - I understand that comment now also...LOLOLOLO. I had my fill about 11 days ago and I have lost 9 pounds in 11 days...that is a good thing. The people that don't have restriction yet - hang in there, you will - it just takes time.

er...congrats on the PB! :thumbup:

9 lbs in 11 days is VERY fast weight loss. Just watch that you are feeling OK.

I wasn't excited about the PB episode.....I am excited about finally having restriction........

Oh! Then let me rephrase, CONGRATS on restriction!

It's great, isn't it? :thumbup:

thank you!!! I have only had one fill. I am very discouraged because I feel like I never had the surgery. I can eat anything as much as I want. I try hard to eat right but it is a struggle. So it took you like 4 months or more to feel restriction? Do you have a hard time before that?

This is exactly the post I needed to see. I too am getting discouraged and tonight I way over ate (I have been really good up 'til now with my portions). But - we went out to Celebrate a birthday and I had a sandwich for $8.50! I knew I should not have had the bread, knew that I should at least only eat half, and really should not touch the chips it came with. I ended up eating more than 3/4 of the WHOLE SANDWICH, SOME OF THE CHIPS AND THE PICKLE SPEAR!!! I knew if I stopped after half I would be fine and more than satisfied but I just couldn't push it away! Especially since we paid $8.50 for it! THEN we went for ice cream afterwards and I HAD AN WAFFLE CONE!!! I don't normally even like ice cream!!!! :scared2:I have been feeling miserable since and soooo guilty! I have had three fills and won't have a 4th for another 2 weeks.

I just HOPE that I will get to a point that I can take a few bites and be so full that it does not matter what my head tells me, my stomache just won't take it!

Can you describe a bit more about the difference you felt before and after your last fill? Did you notice right away? Did it take time to kick in? How does full feel to you now as compared to before. Thanks in advance!

It is definaetly nice to know that others feel the same way. I just had my second fill this past tuesday and right now am not feeling any real restriction. I read that people sometimes have luck on the second fill - not me. LOL Its good to know that there is a silver lining coming..

I am 9 months in and finally know what retriction means too! I just had my 5th fill after not loosing more than 3 pounds in 12 weeks. I am loosing again but wonder if what I am feeling is right. I am not ever hungry and sometimes have to quit eating after 3 bites of food. I finally feel that everything they warned me about is now happening. Prior to this I could eat and drink anything w/o problems, life had definatly changed!

thanks for posting this. i have had 1 fill and no restriction. I eat 4oz of Protein and 4 oz of veggies. Sounds like a lot too me. Can't wait for restriction:blink:

Does anyone know the average number of fills in the first year? Once you reach restriction are the fills less frequent.

Thanks all!

Does anyone know the average number of fills in the first year? Once you reach restriction are the fills less frequent.

Thanks all!

Not sure about the average in the first year. But yes, once you find your 'sweet spot' fills don't come near as often.

I haven't had one in about 8 or 9 months now.

Thanks for posting this! I really needed to see this today, as I have hit a major plateau and I'm scheduled for fill #3. I know I'm close to the sweet spot, so hopefully Thursday I will be joining you in praising restriction!

Congrats and I hope it lasts you a lonnnng time :-)!

OMG. I am sooooo frustrated. I too can eat anything i want. I was banded Oct 01, 2009. Pre op i lost 20 lbs post i've lost 20 lbs. I have not lost any weight since my 6 week check up in fact i gained 2 lbs last week. (spring break)

I'm like beginning to wonder did they trick me into beleiving i have the band but really don't. I currently have 5.5 cc's and my Dr's will only put .5 in per visit at this point due to them saying most ppl have restriction between 5 and 8 cc's. well i don't wanna wait another 2-3 months to feel something.

Sorry i just had to vent. I'm ready for my Sweet spot like NOW. The more i stress over this the more i tend to eat. It's a mind game i know. But my mind is controlling me right now and i need to take back control. :thumbup:

Thank you!

Im so happy for you! Also happy for me ,because so many of my questions have have just been answered. Hang in everybody there is a light at the end of the tunnel after all. I too have been watching what I eat and trying very hard to stay at 2 oz but was starving. I didnt want to stretch the pouch. I will not give up!!!!!!:thumbup: Thank you Firegirl, you rock!!