Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Putting on real clothes for the first time post-op

OK this may sound really crazy but i am afraid to put clothes on. Especially my bra. I was hoping to go back to work in a couple of days but i can not do that in my pjs :thumbup: anyone else have this problem? BTW I am 3 days post op

Thanks!

OK this may sound really crazy but i am afraid to put clothes on. Especially my bra. I was hoping to go back to work in a couple of days but i can not do that in my pjs :thumbup: anyone else have this problem? BTW I am 3 days post op

Thanks!

I put on my underwire and it was just too tight and stiff, even though I lost 23 pounds before surgery. I went out on day 4 and bought a soft, stretchy front closure and that is what I wore to go back to work today. It will just have to do because I refused to be squeezed when I am sore. It feels pretty good. I am wearing lose clothing and I don't care who thinks what. I figure I never looked that good in my clothes at 120 pounds overweight anyway, so who is going to pay attention now?

Wear what feels good! You deserve it!

Thanks FroggieD..... that is kinda what i was thinking like a sports bra or something. I just don't want to sit there all day in pain!!!!

Good luck on your journey

One of my incisions was right near where my underwire sat - and I absolutely must wear an underwire (or else the girls would be heading south!). For about 2 weeks I would cover the incision with two big bandages that had thick pads on them. That was sufficient to keep the incision protected and pain-free!

It took a couple of weeks before clothes felt okay - esp the underwire. Even now, five weeks out, if I've eaten too much, that's the first thing off.

If you're not too busty, try a camisole under a tee-shirt with a jacket or sweater over it.

I'm 3 weeks post-op tomorrow and I'm still wearing sports bras as much as I can get away with. When I have to wear a regular undewire I just put a bandaid over the incision that's right near where the bottom of the underwire sits and I put it vertically so when the wire rubs the band aid will be half under the bra and half out and it wont get all bunched up or rubbed off.

Thanks for the advice ladies! I had thought about doing the cover-up thing but i wasn't sure if this would be good for the incisions.....still freakin' though.... I know it's silly but i can't help it :thumbup: I know it will be ok i just have to get over the hurdle.