Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling defeated, Can I make it?

I just need to get this out there for my own personal way to get over it and get past it. I feel defeated lately, I have done so well on this journey but lately I am being attacked by my inner demons summoning me to fail. I eat great healthly meals low carb, high Protein but I have fallen slave to candy any type of sweets really. I keep wondering if i will ever reach my goal since I keep sabotaging my efforts lately. Thanks for reading :-)

I am so right there with you! :thumbup: I sure hope we can do it.

Hi!

I just got banded, please don't you dare stop or self sabbatoge, yes allow yourself a treat once a week or month, but look how little you have left!!!! It is people like you that inspired me to get this, I know it is hard but you can do it!!!!!:thumbup:

Sandee

You can do it...The hard part is over, stop and take a deep breath. If it is candy you want, at least pick a candy or sweet treat that is somewhat good, like a sugarfree hard piece of candy. There are pretty darn good nutrition bars that take like a real chocolate bar....You can do it.....remember...I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR........

Hi guys - I know what it's like. I've been banded since Dec 08 and it took me a whole year to start to get it under control. We expect ourselves to be perfect and to have a consistent weight loss journey, but if we were perfect - we wouldn't have had to get a band in the first place!! My rule is that it's OK to slip - as long as I don't gain more than 2 lbs... if that happens, I go back to 100% being healthy - that way I either am going down, or staying stable... over the long run, it seems to be working for me. Keep trying and stop beating yourself up. This is a long haul game - not about getting it all done immediately!!

I totally understand. I wonder: when I start sabotaging, I try to figure out what is scaring me about my success, at that point.

Is something scaring you?

I totally sympathsize- I love sweets too. I keep sugar free popsicles and Jello in the house. They really help me satisfy that craving for something sweet. Hope that helps!

I love the idea of better treats, I am gonna pick some up today. I love Crystal Light popsicles and they are just 15 calories. I am not sure I am scared but this may seem silly but sometimes I miss my old eating habits when I see my family gorging on a big bacon cheese burger. I can never eat like that again of my own choice now that i know how many calories are in it I would feel sick after eating like that. I am WAY happier now than before but occasionaly feel sad and can not wait to hit my goal so I can go on maintence mode. Thanks for all your support and answers :thumbup:

I understand the inability to say no to sweet treats. They've got my number!

I like sweets and Desserts. I'm not going to deny myself sweets the rest of my life. What I'm hoping to do is to control the amount of intake.

I can't keep sweets in my house. That can become an instant problem for me. Since my surgery, I've thrown away pies, easter candy, Cookies, etc that people have brought into my home and left behind. Oh, not ALL the jelly Beans made it into the trash. But like vlp mentioned, choose something lower in calorie and fat content. Jelly Beans = 2 calories each.

What I am finding that I'm able to do successfully, is to have a taste or two of something when I'm with somebody. I think having another pair of eyes on me helps me check my sweet tooth.

Lots of good suggestions in this thread. I plan to use them too!

Thanks for your post and good luck!

I have an alternate suggestion that works great for me!

I simply cannot survive without peanut M & M's (serious people..lol)

If I choose to eat my candy I MUST add 35 mins of HIGH intensity cardio to my work out that day! I do not limit candy I just pay for it by working it off and then some...works like a charm!!!

Don't give up!!! I am only a few weeks out and thinking the same thoughts - but you are SOOOO close!!! I would give alot to be 26 lbs away from my goal!!! Just think - a bite of candy is okay to give you the taste and them move on - to better things!! You are almost there!!! Good luck!

Oh I feel ya!! I am a sweet freak... but I try to make better sweet choices now days... fudgesicles, popsicles, frozen go-gurt, FF pudding.... don't "not have" your sweets.... that will only make you want it more. Just make better choices! It's all good!!!:cool: