Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where's the Cookies?

Have you ever seen the pre-printed holiday/festive sugar Cookies in the refrigerated section of the grocery stores?

Well, Walmart had 2/$5.00... so the pig that I am, bought 2! (why?)

Night before last I baked the first box. Damn near ate 1/2 the box - myself!

Lastnight, I baked the other box. :)

Only left 3 Cookies for my family. :nervous (shoulda heard me explaing this to my KIDS)

Cookie by cookie, they went down the hatch.

I wasnt hungry - not even a little! They werent even good - just tasted like heated sugar.

I wasnt bored, Im not having any major personal issues, not time for pms... WHY???? Why did I eat all that crap?

the only thing that stopped me (way too late in the feasting) was hearing my mother's voice in my head saying, "I didnt think you could eat that much at one time. I thought your stomach could only hold so much?!"

Next time I promise to pass up that "bargain"... Cookie For Sale, 2/$5.00. uugghhh!

Aw, poor girl! I know that feeling all too well myself. Then when it's done I'm sitting there going, "What in the heck did I just do to myself & why?!?!?!

Take heart - I'm sure most of us here can attest to doing that exact same thing. Our heads all get a loose connection from time to time. :) Hugs

Aww Paula, been there done that will probably do it again.

Its funny you should mention those Cookies, I had a package of the halloween ones in my frig that we baked about 3 days ago. I shouldn't have any b/c I'm not even on mushies yet but I did bite the head off of one of the ghosts... then I said to myself WHY? they taste like crap. Now if they were Dove Cookies or my home made thumb print I would have done some serious damage that tasted good.

Live and learn huh.

Oh Paula, how can you say that there is really nothing going on in your life right now? You're surrounded by the devastation of the worst Hurricane to ever hit the US. You had uproot your entire family, move in with relatives, go without having any of the things we take for granted on a daily basis. You have small children that you've had to help cope with this disaster and try to explain things you don't even understand yourself. Not to mention, what I am sure is happening there, as it is where I live, Miami, FL, the locally news constantly bombarding you with all of the people who are still displaced, their tear stained faces and empty blank stares. Talk about a guilt trip.

Honey, what you did was soooo normal, as a matter of fact, I'm surprised you left any of the Cookies for your family, LOL! :-] I know that in many ways you were blessed, you did have family to turn to, your home wasn't totally destroyed, no one in your immediate family was harmed. But just because we are granted blessings, doesn't mean we need to feel guilty for those who were less fortunate. You didn't cause the hurricane and you didn't wish it on anyone, so please, please treat yourself with extreme kindness. And if eating a few lousy Cookies helps you feel better, or you think at the time they will make you feel better, don't beat yourself up over it, you do not deserve that.

I can so totally related to what you have been through, even though the second hurricane we got this year wasn't a cat 5, it still did a lot of damage in a very large area, covering three counties. I understand that feeling of helplessness, but it's our cross to bear for living where we do.

Please take care of yourself, you are extremely special.

(((HUGS)))

Cindy

Please take care of yourself, you are extremely special.

awe, Cindy - Thats about the nicest thing Ive heard all week!

naaaa, post-hurricane stress is a good excuse I could use, but things are much better around here. I was just being a pig! Not thinking about shoveling the Cookies into the trap are the reason I ate so many.

And Kelly,

Our heads all get a loose connection from time to time
I have a loose connection ALL of the time. :)

Eileen, you stay away from the cookie isle, and I will too... deal?

Paula I had to laugh when I read this because this morning I made up a couple of chocolate cream pies for DH. Well, first I licked the pan after I was done, and now all I can think of is that damn chocolate pie in the fridge. I am not even a big sweet eater, but I can't get it out of my head!

I don't think I will make him any more chocolate cream pies! :):):)

sweets have always been my enemy - my new trick is to go in my closet and look at all the great clothes I am still trying to fit into.

I then try to drink some Water and have a healthy treat - such as a 1/3 cup of nice low cal ice cream or a cooked apples with cinamon and some vanilla low cal ice cream. I try to make sure that my treats are good for me, fruit based, but still satisfying that basic need for something decandent and totally good.

Good luck - don't beat yourself up over this - just admitting it is half the battle.

Cookies are so good and so bad - DH complained about not having any treats so I went on a 3 week cookie baking spree. Not too good - so I just tried to put them away and give them away.

Take care - Nancy

OMG I've been quoted :speechles.

We went to a friends house tonight,they have candy dishes sitting everywhere. And we watched Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory. I didn't eat one piece of candy. Now that is will power LOL.

I used to always buy cakes and Cookies on sale...sabatoged myself plenty with that. I still find myself checking out the sales....but have avoided buying so far.

Melissa