Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So far so good. I saw my internist yesterday and he agreed to do everything he can to help. He did all the blood work, made an appt. for my psych eval and he is doing my physical on Monday. He is still in the process of making my upper GI and nutritionist appt. I am praying if I have everything done by the 21st that I can get my approval and surgery by the end of the year. If not- I am out alot of $$!!!!. But I think it is worth a try. Did anyone's insurance pay for any of these pre-things?

Again, thank you for the encouragement. I check on here every day to make sure ya'll are all ok.

One more thing- did anyone have to have a sleep study?

Good luck and I hope that you do get everything approved and done before the end of the year, you're off to a great start. Not everyone has had to do a sleep study, but many have, it's becoming alot more popular by request. It's simply to check for sleep apnea and it's no big deal. I had it done a few months ago when I was having breathing problems, they just stick a bunch of wires with goop all over your hair, and a couple on your lower legs. The place where I had it done, had rooms set up just like bedrooms, real comfy cozy, not as good as home, but better than a hotel or hospital. Then you go to sleep, they monitor your breathing on a graph which shows in another room, so it's not like someone is watching you personally sleeping all night. They wake you early, I got some juice and a bagel, then went home. That was it, but I do have to warn you, that particular test, get it done ASAP because it takes them 2-3 weeks to get the results and sometimes, like in my case you have to go back for a second visit so they can fit you for a mask and determine how high to set the CPAP machine.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that all goes smoothly and quickly.

Cindy

Okay, magic, thanks for the update! You might really really do this!!! I'm pretty sure Dianne (sunsett) had the sleep study, but Cindy's right, the sooner the better. Like everything else, right?!

Keep pushing forward!!

I forgot to mention, all of the pretesting was covered by my insurance, never a problem with that, they argued about doing the surgery for a while, but finally relented.

Cindy

That is great...I am keeping the fingers crossed that everything goes well and that you make it!!! Keep moving forward...did you tell you Dr what you needed done, so he can hlep move tihngs along?

Melissa- what all did Dr. B have you get? I'm going by the list that was emailed to me by the office.

sleep study has now been scheduled for Monday night.

So far Monday's schedule:

10 a.m. nutritionist

2 p.m. physical

sleep study

I'm trying soooo hard!!

I had bloodwork done on Friday. My psych eval is Wednesday. The only thing I am still waiting for is the upper GI. My internist is working on that appt. Hopefully, when I see Dr. B, the only thing left to do will be get my insurance approval and of course, the surgery.

This is great, the quicker you get in there with everything done, the quicker you'll get a date. Hopefully, soon. I am in limbo with them. They said they are submitting the preapproval paper work since 10/10. Nothing has been done, they are processing it is what I've been told. Good luck to you.

I'm waiting for the dr's office to submit the insurance paperwork.

I don't see a huge rush to miss work and do anything more now,

especially with the holiday's. Things will be busy for everyone so I"m going to take off again and finish up in Jan.