Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so excited. I just tried on smaller clothes in my closet and they are too big! I waited cause I figured it would be a while before they fit, but to my surprise they were way to big! I bagged them up for goodwill and sent them on their way. I am not going back that way ever again. This was very encouraging for me, just when I felt a little discouraged. I just love this band!!!! I just wish I would of known about it years ago. Just wanted to share some excitement today. I love this website everyone is so helpful and encouraging. :frown:

Edited by Janice221

I too have purged my closet and drawers! have all new stuff including underwear and socks.

hoping to have to go shopping again in a couple of months ;o)

HOW EXCITING!!! I'm sure that was an awesome feeling! Congrats!!! Now you need to do a little shopping . . . have fun!

How neat! I just got the band. My jeans were excruciating and now they're just a little tight. I am so looking forward to digging into my closet!

it is a fun thing to rid ourselves of the larger clothes.

i was laughing the other day, i'm a boxer kind of guy, well i noticed some were looking and feeling like coolottes (sorry girls, i don't know how to spell them, but you get the idea.

so i bought some new underwear.

banded in jan, about 9 weeks out and i've lost 43 lbs.

almost half way to my goal. the weight loss has slowed down but if i can do a lb a week, by this Christmas i should be at my goal.

keep up the good work everyone and thanks for being here for me.

It is such a good feeling to have clothes fit- or in your case be to big. I too have done a closet clean out and found jeans that now fit, and 2 other pairs of pants that are too big. I wish I had found them a few weeks earlier, but oh well. Like you, the big clothes are going bye bye, never to be needed again.

WOW! Congratulations! The most exciting part is that you can really get rid of the clothes that are too big. No more saving them just in case you need them again!

Make sure you save 1 pair of pants. Keep the largest you ever wore. it'll be cool to put those on and pull the excess away like you see all those skinny people do in the fake diet ads. Yours will be real though.:thumbup:

I have taken 3 big loads of clothes the the goodwill so far. I love the feeling of cleaning out the closet.

I have kept a pair of 58 waist pant and a belt that worked with it for my "Trophy".

I now stop at every Kohl's I see and check out the clearance racks. I only buy pants that are 80 or 90% off and my record is paying $4.50 for a pair of nice Docker's work Khakis.

I bought a leather punch pliers to put new holes in my belts and have some with 4 new holes. I love that too.

Clothes fit is such an NSV!!!

I love to look for sales and buy ahead. I am in a 44 pants now, but have all I need in 42 already. I am an OPTIMIST!!!!

Hope you all feel so good about this too. Isn't it great to shop with normal size people in the normal size people store???

My goal is to fit into the trendiest "Levi's" and I find they stop them at 38. Figure by summer I will be there!!!

Happy Fashion Show!!!

TJ

I really need to shop for some new clothes. I want to be conservative about it, though, because I have so much weight left to lose. I am currently wearing pants that are 2 sizes too big.

The other day, it was raining hard, and I had to make a mad dash across the parking lot to get to my car. By the time I got there, my pants had fallen down off my hips! Time to get some new pants...

Went to the tailor today in hopes that I wouldn't have to shop - that I could just have my stuff taken in. I hate to shop. Sadly, my tailor said any more material in excess of 2 inches isn't worth altering as it'll cost too much and not look right. Now I'm kicking myself because I purged my closets of stuff all the way down to size 10/12. I wore a skirt today that was so loose it looked like I was channeling an Amish look. Even my shoes are loose and all I've lost is around 40.

Going to check out the consignment shops next week.

NTL - it's a good problem to have!:thumbup:

do you guys have a savers in your area? I swear by them and have gotten some amazing things from there, most under $6.

That is awesome!!!! :thumbup:

I hope to arrange a clothing swap once I get down. I've not lost much since the banding (banded on 3/22) but dropped about 14 lbs beforehand. Of course, my pants are still fitting. It will be a while I think before they get too big.

I told my mom I wanted to sew a button and some elastic in them like my 4 year old's adjustable waist pants. LOL!

I just cleaned out my closet AGAIN! Now I have NOTHING LEFT of my old life... just clothing I have recently purchased... todays weight has put me into a new BMI category.... I am proud to say I am no longer obese...... I am just overweight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG never in my life did I think I would be proud to be overweight!

Bella71, you made my day!:lol: I can just picture you making that mad dash to your car!!

I am looking forward to the day that my pants slide down instead of split when I bend over! I am at the point now where I can't wear some of my old ones....but sure look forward to when I can't wear any of them!!!!

HappyHome you are an inspiration and I hope to follow in your footsteps ....literally!...to shop for smaller clothes soon.:)

I have made one trip to our local hospital thrift store to donate some of my "morbidly obese" clothes and that really felt good!

Congrats to us all!! Thanks for being so upbeat and encouraging.:smile2: