Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking to meet local banders in Charlotte area

Hi there,

My name is Jaime and I am new to lapbandtalk.com

I had my band placed 2 weeks ago and I really am looking to meet local people in the Charlotte area who have had the band or are considering it. I am considering starting a support group or adding to an existing one and would love to hear from people who would be interested.

Love to hear from you!

Jaime

Charlotte, NC

Surgery Date: 10/27/2005

Pre-Op Weight: 276 lbs. at 5'9"

We have one going already....actually a group of us are getting together tomorrow at the ihop on 49/485 if you are interested in joining us...details are in the nov 5th thread.

Melissa

Oh and welcome to bandland nc sytle :)

Welcome Jamie...you will find alot of support here. The NC girls are great... we are always here for one another. So you can mark your calendar our next meeting is Dec 15 @ Ruby Tuesdays @ Arrowood and 77 at 11:30. We would love it if you could join us. As soon as I get the picture from this past meeting I will post it so you will know who you are talking with.

Again Welcome...and if you need anything just as us...We are all here together!!

My therapist had her stomach stapled and a band around her stomach back in 97. She is just wonderful. She said she'd be willing to start a group if I could find 4-5 people. She really is helpful since she took the slow weight loss route also. If you are interested let me know. This is something I think would be a great support. We all support each other which is wonderful but to have a counselor lead a group who has gone through all the same stages we are going through! How great would that be!

Welcome aboard Jaime!

Guest slimgirl

Hi Jaime my name is yolanda I am considering the lapband procedure I have my first one on one with a doctor on nov.22 there are not alot of doctors in the charlotte area I would like to know what doctor you went to I'm just not sure about what doctor I should go to. please help I need answers

Welcome to you too Yolanda! There are around a dozen of us LBTs on this board from the Charlotte area. You'll find that everyone has their favorite among the local doctors - Dr. Volleinger & Dr. Bauman are the better known.

I'm underway with Dr. Kuwada out of CMC. He's new to the area and being re-certified by Inamed (makers of Lap-Band).

Then there are a few of us who have been banded in Mexico.

Most people attend the doctors' informational seminars before deciding on which doctor to go with.

We're meeting on Saturday, December 17th, 11:30 a.m at Ruby Tuesdays, Arrowood Rd. at I-77. We always welcome new faces.

Dear Yolanda,

I had my lap band placed by a surgeon in Asheville, NC by the name of Alan Bradshaw, MD. He had performed other surgeries on me in the past and he is a wonderful doctor. If you really want to stay local, one of the best bariatric surgeons in the Charlotte area is Roc Bauman, MD in Concord. I have his contact information if you like. Let me know if I can help! I think the band is great and I am really happy I did it.

Jaime

Dear Karen,

I will definitely be there at the meeting on the 17th! I am really excited to meet everyone and share information. I think it will be a big help being new to Charlotte (I moved here in January) and to being banded. I hit my 4 week mark Thanksgiving Day. Yipee!

Jaime

Jaime, that's awesome! We look forward to meeting you!

Yolanda, if you can, please join us for lunch too!

Hello there,

I am so sorry that I missed the December meeting, but family obligations got in the way. When and where is the January meeting? Thanks!

Jaime