Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost 39 pounds(!!) but I don't get it?

First, a quick introduction: My name is Annette. I had my surgery on 2-22-10 in Dayton, Ohio. I lost 20 pounds pre-op and 19 post-op. I had my first fill 3-24-10 and since then I have lost 6 pounds alone:thumbup:! Please don't misunderstand me, I am beyond thrilled about the weight loss, but I have a "I don't get it" question:

I have lost a total of 39 pounds, but I still fit into my pre-op clothes, albeit they are getting baggier, but I still wear them. I got brave over the weekend and tried on a size smaller jeans - what a depressing thing to do - I'm still no where close to wearing them. I was willing to bet that by this point I would have been transitioning to a new wardrobe :o.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom about why I'm not seeing size shift yet? Has this happened to anyone or am I an odd duck?!

Thanks in advance,

Annette

I'm in the same boat. I was just banded on 3/22 but with pre-op diet, etc., I've lost about 18 lbs. Still wearing the same crap I was before. I probably won't see a difference for another 20 lbs, and then that will only be 1 size if I'm lucky.

I think that we'll reach a spot where the sizes will transform rapidly with each pound we lose. Right now I'm sure it's the starting stage where our gaps for weight loss and size reduction are bigger. At least, that's what I keep telling myself. LOL!

Congrats on 29 lbs! That is AMAZING! I hope to say that next month! WOW!

Sorry - I meant 39 lbs! WHOO HOO! :o

Hi my name is Kim and I was banded on 01/28/10. I have lost 30 pounds, and I am still wearing the same clothes as well. I was under the misconception that for every 10 pounds you lost you dropped a pants size. Not for me. I was disgusted as well but am happy to see that I am not alone. I am grateful for the weight loss and thrilled for yours as well. We must not get discouraged but continue ahead. Like gingerjane said, by summer our clothes sizes will be dropping, and we will be complaining about how much money we have to spend on new clothes each month lol.

First off, you all are doing great! Congrats to everyone on your successes!!

Thanks for this topic. I was talking with a friend of mine over the weekend about this very issue. I haven't been banded yet, but I am already anticipating the "sizing down" thing will be a mental struggle for me. I have lost 10lbs, 20lbs etc. previously, but never enough to go down a clothing size.

I am pretty "compact" for lack of a better term. I am 5' 3", 230 lbs. and am wearing a 16 in dress pants, and a 16 or an 18 in jeans depending on the style. I am much bigger on top thanks to the "girls." I know I will need to drop a significant amount before I get to buy some new things. :o

If you can, please keep us posted and let us know when you have to give in and do some shopping! I bet it will be here before you know it!

Best of luck to everyone-

kagead

I have lost 40 pounds and gone down one size in jeans. I do think the next size drop will come quicker.:thumbup:

I think this is really common 5 years ago I lost 40lbs. and still wore the same size jeans and unable to wear the next size down. I did however go down in size in my t-shirts so I was really happy about that.

Lisa

Lisa,

How many pounds did you loose before you could move down to the next size in pants.

That's primarily my problem. I'm bottom heavy. I can tell a difference in my tops - enough so I can move to a smaller size. But the dreaded saddle bags I carry around are killing me (lol)!

Thanks to everyone who has posted a comment thus far, everyone on this board is truely an inspiration!!

~Annette~

I have lost 60 lbs and have dropped only 2 jeans sizes. The bigger the sizes I think the more you have to lose to get into a smaller size. I think it is easier to go from a 10 to 8 them from a 18 to a 16. Not sure why?

Lisa,

How many pounds did you loose before you could move down to the next size in pants.

That's primarily my problem. I'm bottom heavy. I can tell a difference in my tops - enough so I can move to a smaller size. But the dreaded saddle bags I carry around are killing me (lol)!

Thanks to everyone who has posted a comment thus far, everyone on this board is truely an inspiration!!

~Annette~

Hi Ladies,

I am just here to tell you not to get discouraged....

I had surgery on 8/25/2009 7 1/2 months ago and am now down to 149- a 93 lb loss and am in a size 8/10... and well I really keep trying to wear the 12's cause I just bought most of these and I am running out of money ! LOL!

I did the same thing at first-- i remember being down 40+ lbs and barely seeing a change in size and honestly only peeople who knew about my surgery noticed or commented on any weight loss.... my dad- who had surgery 3 months before me- kept saying ... just wait baby.... once you hit 60 lbs-- it is very noticable and you will see it... and he was right!

People noticed through-out my work building... I startedt o go down sizes-- once I got to 16"s ..... it seemed to just keep going and going and going... so it speeds up in sizes once you start getting to the smaller sizes...stay strong-- you are gonna start to see all the hard work pay off!

And it is the best feelign to go shopping and tell your husband-- babe-- can you go get me a smaller size-- heheheh these dont fit!:thumbup:

Once you have been working out both cardio and strength training, you will begin to notice more evident changes in clothing. Hang in there. It doesn't happen overnight. Congrats on the weight loss thus far.

First, a quick introduction: My name is Annette. I had my surgery on 2-22-10 in Dayton, Ohio. I lost 20 pounds pre-op and 19 post-op. I had my first fill 3-24-10 and since then I have lost 6 pounds alone:thumbup:! Please don't misunderstand me, I am beyond thrilled about the weight loss, but I have a "I don't get it" question:

I have lost a total of 39 pounds, but I still fit into my pre-op clothes, albeit they are getting baggier, but I still wear them. I got brave over the weekend and tried on a size smaller jeans - what a depressing thing to do - I'm still no where close to wearing them. I was willing to bet that by this point I would have been transitioning to a new wardrobe :thumbup:.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom about why I'm not seeing size shift yet? Has this happened to anyone or am I an odd duck?!

Thanks in advance,

Annette

To- a dairy farmers chubby wife, unfortunatly those 40lbs were before the lapband and that was the most I lost and have since gained that weight back I am currently wearing size 18/20 in jeans and have not seen anything smaller than that since highschool. I think the smallest size I have ever worn was 13/14 at about age 13. I think I weighed 160lbs. not really sure back then I did not weigh myself. I'am only 5'2" but I do carry my weight really evenly over my entire body (everything looks fat) lol, but its true. Lisa

I have lost 35 pounds, and regularly do both cardio and weight work (and have, long-term). I am about ready to move into smaller clothes---but the ones I have still stay on my body.

That said, everything looks baggy and awful. Still, the last time I checked, I wasn't quite ready to move down.

Clothes sizing is really weird. If I had more time and/or inclination (and money!), I am sure I could find brands/designers for which the clothes fit just fine. But I just want to pick up a few tide-me-over things, and haven't been able to do it.

When I was going up in weight, I stayed in sizes a really long time, too. This made it easier to deny the gain!

Plus Sizes (X or W) are TWO INCHES bigger PLUS the extra size you're going up or down. That said, I was in 18W and 16W for the first 40-45 lbs. I'm about 60lbs. down now and I'm in 12's. Once you get into regular size clothes, you'll see that you're dropping a size almost every month, if the weight loss keeps up.

I was banded in October of 2007. Lost 30 pounds out of the gate. Went to a size 16. Still a size 16. Sometimes a 14. Total weight loss 83 pounds. I carry all of my weight in my tummy. Hence why I can't change sizes 'belly apron'. But that's nothing plastic surgery cant handle!