Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Decent tasting Protein shake mix

Hi..I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a decent tasting Protein shake mix. I'm not real picky, but would rather it not taste JUST like chalk :o. lol

thanks.

I'm waiting for suggestions, too!

I ordered sample kits form both powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.com and bariatriceating.com but have yet to try them. Prostat Protein shots taste vile but pack a ton of Protein into a few ounces.

Oh Yeah Protein Bars are amazing good.

Bariatric eating.com... The Peanut Butter cookie flavor is awesome! Get the sample pack to try, and you will not be disappointed. The only one I have not tried yet was the Cool Melon flavor..

I agree that the Inspire line of Protein powder from Bariatric Eating is out of this world. I love the Peanut Butter, but my favorites are the Dutch chocolate cake and Pom Razz Sangria. For the latter, I use 1 scoop in a liter of Water to which I've added Crystal Light lemonade. It's very refreshing, and has no protein-y taste or smell.

I also very much like their PURE unflavored Protein Powder.

My nutritionist told me to start experimenting with them now so that I would know what I like. I ordered the sampler pack from bariatriceating.com and love them! The chocolate Peanut Butter fudge tastes just like a reeses peanut butter cup. The only problem is they aren't nearly as filling as the whey Protein Powder that I can get at Walmart.< /p>

I really like the Isopure line of Protein products. There are several different flavors of powders, which I have mixed in milk, coffee, Water, and crystal light. They are very smooth and do not taste chalky at all. There are also bottled drinks in various fruity flavors.

I ordered the Bariatric Eating sample pack last week (thanks Betsy) and have fallen in love so far. I hated Protein powders but I these are descent. The unflavored isn't gritty and you can barely taste it. I like the sangria and caramel latte so far. The ice cream sandwich was a bit much. I suggest that you get the sample packs and see what you like.

Those that do you the BE Inspire...it says to mix the flavored ones with Water, have you tried mixing with anything else?

I was banded a year ago and have been on this Quest too.. but look no more :o I found Syntrax Nectar Protein. I bought a variety pack- 14 flavors for 15 bucks and each packet has 23 gms of protein!!! Taste is awesome- I mix with either milk or water- add some Ice and blend it and VIOLA a smoothie- Also the cappucino one can be made with warm milk and viola- a healthy coffee.....

I bought mine on www.smartbodynutrition.com and it only took like 4 days to get it- They are in Indiana and I am in Florida...

Unjury has a great Soup flavored Protein, that tast just like chicken noodle lipton soup and you can add it to your other Soups for a lot of protien and great flavor....Ive also been on muscle milk light powder and the ready to drink ones. The vanilla powder goes well with a lot of things-Ill make shakes with skim milk and add a little bit of peanut butter...yum!!!! Or you can add any type of fruit for a fruit shake...just to spice things up a little. My doctor has me on a full liquid diet for 5 weeks post op so Ive had to try different things and Proteins so that I wont get bored.

Those that do you the BE Inspire...it says to mix the flavored ones with Water, have you tried mixing with anything else?

I mix some of them with Almond Breeze almond milk (the kind that's in the refrigerator section with milk). The powders are meant to be mixed with 4 oz., but I use 8---which is really good, especially for the flavors that are a bit much otherwise.

I *really* like the Dutch chocolate mixed with warm almond milk---there's a process for tempering the Protein so it doesn't get clumpy from the hot liquid, but if you do it right, it's excellent.

(In short, you make a paste with the powder and a little tepid or cold liquid. Then, you add the warm liquid very slowly, stirring the whole time.)

I start most days with this--I needed something warm to replace my coffee!

Speaking of coffee, a lot of people who post at BE add coffee to their Proteins.

Vitomatic makes a Protein powder that is pretty good as well. I have a hard time with Breakfast in the mornings so I am more likely to make a Protein Shake to take to work with me first thing in the morning and that one mixes well and doesnt have the after taste I have noticed with a lot of them

i was going to post this same question, and I am glad I didn't! I will be starting my 6 month diet this week, and I want to start getting used to the Protein Shakes, so I am planning on using one as a meal substitute. I want to have a veriety when I have to go to all liquid preop, and post op as well. Keep the list growing so I know what I can start looking for! Also if there are any that you can get locally so I don't have to order online would be nice too!

susi

I tried the Amplified Wheybolic-60 Extreme chocolate flavored Protein Shake powder from GNC. It's pretty good! One serving is 280 calories, 1 gram of fat and 60 grams of protein!! :) You're supposed to mix it with 12oz of cold Water. So what I did was I bought a sample pack which is supposed to be one serving and measured the whole thing out. It's 6oz of powder so I cut it in half, which of course is 3 oz and mixed it with 6 oz of cold water and it was filling! And tasted pretty good. They only thing is you have to drink it right away. I couldn't finish the whole thing and figured I could put it in the fridge and it didnt taste as "shake-y" as it did when I first made it. It also could have been because I had too much water in it. :) You could also mix it with fat free milk but that's going to add calories, of course.

The good thing about GNC is if you don't like the powder you can return it for a full refund but check first to see if they have the sample packs. Theyre usually hanging on a strip right next to the giant jars of Protein powder.

While a fan of the unjury line (need to try the Isopure), I found the Premier Nutrition shakes at costco after a recommendation on here and WOW!

1 11 Oz (Premade) has 160 Cal, 3g Fat and 30 g of Protein and it takes GREAT! costco only seems to have chocolate, but that is OK with me.

After my first fill (6.5 cc) eggs are tough for me in the early AM. These shakes are very filling and easy.