Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie here, sx on 3/31/10!

:redface:Hi everyone. I am new to the board, and I am scheduled for banding on 3/31/10. 3rd day of pre-op diet, already lost 3 pounds. I have never had sx before, never even had a broken bone or stitches! So I am realllllllly nervous about it, but excited at the same time. I am wondering what life will be like?:Banane20:

:redface:Hi everyone. I am new to the board, and I am scheduled for banding on 3/31/10. 3rd day of pre-op diet, already lost 3 pounds. I have never had sx before, never even had a broken bone or stitches! So I am realllllllly nervous about it, but excited at the same time. I am wondering what life will be like?:Banane20:

Allie

I was banded yesterday. And except for a little soreness at the port site and a feeling of needing to burp all the time, and being really tired I am okay.

I was amazed that 4 bites of Jello and 1/2 c of chicken broth filled me up. Remember to sip from the "shot" glass that you get. Really the only thing that bugs me right now is my sore throat from the breathing tube they put in. I sound like a frog croaking.

I am on full liquids for the next 14 days. Then mushies for 3-4 weeks. My Doc and Nutritionist are pretty strict about following those rules because your stomach has to heal and settle. I am sooooo not hungry right now so I am trying to sip on my high protien yougart smoothie for Breakfast. Nausea was okay, and overall the op was a piece of cake (well a really big cake).

If you have never had laproscopic surgery you may want to know that when they fill up your abdominal cavity with gas so that they can move their instruments some of that gas gets trapped and takes a couple of days to get rid of. That can cause pain under your rib cage or into your shoulders and can be intense. Just need to get up and walk around as much as possible so that the air gets absorbed quicker.

And don't hesitate to take the pain med you get at the hospital if you are uncomfortable. No need to be a martyr about it.

Good luck and God bless.:Banane20:

Ruthie, thanks so much for that info! I can't imagine eating that little amount and being full. Wow. My RN suggested bringin GAS-X "strips" with me on day of surgery and taking one right when I get into recovery to help with the gas thing, so I have already purchased them.:Banane20:

Hope we get to talk more as this goes on. Good luck to you!:Banane20:

Good luck tomorrow Allie! I was banded on 3-9-10 and can understand your excitment as well as being nervous. The surgery was a piece of cake for me. However I had awful gas for the 3-4 days following surgery. Make sure you get up and walk around to get rid of the gas. It really does help. If this is any comfort... today I can't even tell that I have been banded except for that fact that I get full faster. Here it is 3 weeks post op and I am exercising and feeling great!

OK folks, so in about 10 hours, it will be my turn! I hope my liver has shrunk enough, and I hope everything goes smoothly. I will be back on here as soon as I can to report in on how things went. Everyone send me good energy and positive thoughts! Thanks for your support!:)

Good luck tomorrow morning! I can't wait to hear about your experience. I will be right there with you on Thursday morning.

Good luck to you. Before you know it you will be done. Gas is a major issue, but walk,it helps. Banded 3/23/10 in NY and no regrets. Down thirty two pounds. :)

life will be beautiful, you´ll definiely love your new journey to weight loss, congrats and i wish you the best of luck.:frown:

Hi everyone! Yesterday I was banded, and I am sooooo glad to be on this side of the fence...It's exciting! The sx went smooth as silk, I even had hernia repair too! The gas pains are terribly uncomfortable, but I am dealing with it. A little pain is ok, knowing that I get to begin again with life and getting healthy. 2 of my nurses have been banded over 3 years, and they have both lost a tremendous amount of weight, and look fantastic!

Walking does amazing things to get rid of the gas, and gas-x strips are great too!

Well, I guess that's enough for now, talk to you all soon!

Good luck tomorrow morning! I can't wait to hear about your experience. I will be right there with you on Thursday morning.

Congrats to you, I am sure your surgery went fine, just let us know how all is going! Remember to walk off the gas pain!

Hi there and congrats! I was banded on 3/30/10. I'm still very tired and have some soreness at the port sight. Of course the gas part was terrible and my shoulder still hurts. I'm trying to get up and move around as much as possible. Anyway, I just wanted to say congrats. I'm new to board as well so good luck & best wishes.

Kristen