Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg liquid diet for 1 hole week!

Okay, today I went the doctor's for repeat labs, weekly weight and diet f/u. 1st bad news I gain 1 lb from last week. Which think it's from all the weight lifting I've been doing. Then the nurse start going through all the things I should expect on surgery day. After that we start talking about my diet for this week before surgery. The nurse said I had to be on a liquid diet all week. I'm like what do you mean by liquid? She's like only the Protein Shake 3 times a day. I'm like no food! :lol::unsure: I look forward to eating my one meal a day. So now I feel a little overwhelm about this week. I don't want to gain anymore weight and I don't want to mess up. How do I keep myself on track. I should be excited about this week, but instead I'm really afraid.:biggrin:

I did 3 Protein Shakes each day for two weeks before I was banded. After I am banded, I still am on a all liquid diet for a month after I am banded. It sucks but WORTH IT! Protein shakes give you all the nutrition you need, just keep remembering that! You can do this! I know because I am and it's just something we have to do, but it won't last for long. :frown:

Okay, today I went the doctor's for repeat labs, weekly weight and diet f/u. 1st bad news I gain 1 lb from last week. Which think it's from all the weight lifting I've been doing. Then the nurse start going through all the things I should expect on surgery day. After that we start talking about my diet for this week before surgery. The nurse said I had to be on a liquid diet all week. I'm like what do you mean by liquid? She's like only the Protein Shake 3 times a day. I'm like no food! :crying::frown: I look forward to eating my one meal a day. So now I feel a little overwhelm about this week. I don't want to gain anymore weight and I don't want to mess up. How do I keep myself on track. I should be excited about this week, but instead I'm really afraid.:thumbup:

I was told to do a 1 week pre-op diet but I decided on my own to do 2 weeks. If you can buy Optifast 800 shakes somewhere I would do those. You can have 5 a day so you're able to space them out more and if need be you can add an extra one if you really need it and they're pretty good! My fave is the chocolate. It tastes like Nestle Quik. Incidentally, Nestle is the one who makes Optifast.

It's rough the first 2 or 3 days but after that it gets much much easier. You get used to not eating. I've lost probably about 11 or twelve pounds since March 10th. I havent weighed myself in a couple days so I'm not sure. I think that knowing Im doing this so my surgery will hopefully be less complicated makes it that much easier for me to not complain about the liquid diet and stay true to it. Surprisingly to the people who know me, I haven't complained once! :lol:

Good luck! Just remember. It's worth it!

You can do it. Really, you can. It's just a week--and really, you're heading into a lifetime of changed eating habits, so you might as well get used to it now.

It's true that weight-lifting can cause you to retain Fluid in your muscles. But that's no cause for concern.

What the doctor's office is primarily concerned with is (a) reducing the size of your liver as much as possible before surgery, and (:frown: reducing the bulk in your bowels.

Both of these make it far easier for the surgeons to maneuver around your innards when placing the band.

Really, the liquid diet then translates into an easier surgery--and easier recovery--for you.

It's just a week. It'll be hard, but you can do it.

I will trade you my 2 weeks pre-op for your one! :frown:

patience and lots of willpower!!!

what worked for me was that i kept myself busy all day and that helped me a lot.........so just keep your mind on something else, i know it sounds easy, and it is difficult but, I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!! goodluck:thumbup:

It's VERY doable...I have been I am on my second week of the shake diet...Surgery date is 3/23/10...Its hard...actually today was the hardest so far...but KEEP YOURSELF BUSY...it helps a ton.

They also don't taste very good so that makes it even worse...but you can find things that are "OK" (per the doctor) that you can add to them to make them ok...