Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ventral/Incisional Hernia

Well, I have my first real complication 10 months in. I went to my surgeon yesterday for a fill and much to my surprise, he found a hernia. Needless to say I didn't get a fill. My port is right by my hernia and my intestines are in the hernia, so he didn't want to take a chance on missing the port and hitting my intestines and causing a whole other set of issues. So now we have to do a hernia repair and he is going to move my port since it is right by the hernia. Has any one else had this issue? I am not concerned, I trust my surgeon 110%. I was surprised because things have been going so smoothly since my banding in May 2009.

i dont know man, but I got my band removed almost 1 year ago, and recently I have been feeling sharp pains in my stomach when I make certain movements. would you feel those pains?

I didn't/don't have any pain.. I had some discomfort but I thought it was from some constipation...which by the way, is a symptom of an incisional hernia... LOL so I don't know if the discomfort was from some gas/constipation or from the hernia... but if you are having pains, I would definitely get it checked... it is a common thing that happens when you have had abdominal surgery and it can happen years later or right away...

i dont know man, but I got my band removed almost 1 year ago, and recently I have been feeling sharp pains in my stomach when I make certain movements. would you feel those pains?

I;ve developed a good size painless lump just below my ribs in the ridge of tummy fat that rolls over all our jeans...lol....lump is stationary..feels like a tennis ball or slightly smaller size lump. PA did xray says band looks in place...ordered a abdomen ultrasound..tech saw nothing till I showed her while standing up where the lump was.. She said it looks as if I'm developing a hernia issue.. My port is much lower at my betly button so it's not that and i had the minimal incision surgery via the belly button...Guess the next step is an CT if insurance allows it...lump has made my tummy looked slightly lopsided on the left side.. I can see it when I look down...noticed my waist in pants was feeling a bit tighter last few months,,, but my weight only changes by about 5 lbs depending if I'm a good girl or not with my diet. :) Hope it's not an adhesion of some sort .. lump is not painful but annoying as it cause pressure up under my ribs too on left side.. will let you know if this is a 'epigastric hernia' or not.....Good luck to you too