Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK guys -

Talk to me about the type of Vitamins that your doctor has reccomended.

Mine suggested 2 chewable multis a day (Bariatric Advantage)

and 2 chewable Calcium citrate 500mg.

I CANNOT tolerate the Calcium that I purchased at the Vitamin store. It was HUGE (Put your thumb and pointer finger together).

Any suggestions on the calcium?

What is your MD suggesting? Childrens chewable? Calcium Carbinate?

Thanks!

Banded 3/5

Starting Weight 350

Current Weight 330

Goal Weight 200

my doc wants his patients to get everything from Bariatric Advantage. and i mean everything. shakes, Vitamins, etc. i tried their shakes and they are horrible. i have not tried the Vitamins but after my bad experience with the shakes (that cost me $120 by the way) i'm not too keen on the idea of forking out more money to try their vitamins and have those be horrible as well. my doc said it was fine for me to do Centrum chewables or flintstones chewables. i tried the Centrum ones and at first they weren't that bad but by a week or two of taking them (i started taking them about a month pre op to get acclimated to a chewable vitamin) they were so bad i would almost gag getting them down. i have now started the flintstones chewables and they taste much better!

as far as Calcium goes... i was told that we are to get calcium citrate instead of calcium carbonate. not really sure what the difference is there but ok. i was taking citrical chewables (they are huge) but have since ordered some Calcet creamy calcium bites from bariatriceating.com. they are supposed to be like a tiny piece of lemon pound cake that tastes great and has 500 mg of calcium citrate in each one. and they promise your money back if you don't like them. so i figure i can't go wrong with that. i can't wait to try them. i also ordered some sample packs of their Protein shake powders as i've heard those are great, too.

you could try ordered a sample Vitamin pack from Bariatric Advantage, but as for me, i think i'm sticking with other stuff. good luck though and let us know if you find a great one. =)

I was told any good childrens chewable. I compared Bariatric Advantage to the costco sugar free childrens chewables I bought, and they are the same. Way cheaper and the BA are terrible tasting. The ladies in my class were told Viactive, or any good chewable for Calcium.< /p>

I was told any good childrens chewable. I compared Bariatric Advantage to the costco sugar free childrens chewables I bought, and they are the same. Way cheaper and the BA are terrible tasting. The ladies in my class were told Viactive, or any good chewable for Calcium.< /div>

i thought viactive, too, and a friend of mine who is almost two years post banding takes viactive. but that's calcium carbonate and they say we are supposed to take calcium citrate. too much confusion!!! lol :wub:

I take Gummy Multivitamins, and an off-brand of Viactiv (calcium + Vit D + K & something else :scared2: Got tired of trying to choke down the Calcium + D tabs & multivitamins!

ok.... i have a question about the gummy vitamins. i was originally taking those pre band but after i got my band i read on here that some folks were told they could be "bad" as far going through the new pouch. so i stopped taking mine and have been taking flintstones. have any of you experienced issues with gummies? i'd love to start taking my gummies again as they did taste much better than the flintstones!

ok.... i have a question about the Gummy Vitamins. i was originally taking those pre band but after i got my band i read on here that some folks were told they could be "bad" as far going through the new pouch. so i stopped taking mine and have been taking flintstones. have any of you experienced issues with gummies? i'd love to start taking my gummies again as they did taste much better than the flintstones!

I have no problem at all with my gummies - they kind of "melt" in my mouth--not chewy at all!

I am taking the Centrum chewables right now but I found CVS has a chewable and they are cheaper so I will try those when these run out. I asked my nutritionist about the gummies and she said they are not absorbed real well but if that is what people can stomach it is better than nothing, maybe take 3 instead of 2. As far as calcium citrate vs carbonate, once again she said citrate is absorbed much better then carbonate. I used the Bariatric Advantage chocolate chewy bites, they are ok but they get real gritty at the end. I tried some chewable chocolate Calcium citrate at GNC and it was much better (sorry I forgot the name but they only have one kind) so I'll try them next time. My nutritionist also said to take the multi Vitamin and calcium a couple ours apart, as the multi has Iron and it willfight the calcium for absorption with the calcium.

:cursing:

I'm taking the same Vitamins as Jewel... Flintstones & Viactive

Thanks guys! I am now taking the Flintstones and the Viactive (against my MD's advice). I guess I will see if they are okay after my first blood test (don't know when that is. Are you guys taking 2 or 3 Flintstones?