Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help from some more experienced banders

I'm very new at this, and I'm having trouble understanding some of the sensations I'm experiencing. Can someone help?

I had my first fill the other day. Before my first fill I had a couple of "stuck" episodes. Since my fill, I've been very, very careful not to get stuck. Last night I had sort of the same feeling, but it wasn't quite like being stuck. I had ate some lunchmeat. I started sliming, but I didn't have that intense pain that I have had when stuck. It was uncomfortable, but not the same.

Tonight I was eating dinner, and I started to get that same uncomfortable feeling. I stopped eating, and it went away, no sliming. My husband suggested that maybe the sliming didn't just happen when you were full, but maybe when you had at too much. (I'm totally grossing him out by the way!)

Can the sliming and pain happen when you have ate more than you are supposed to? Or is it only when you are stuck.

I need to figure this out.

Thanks for your help.

My first piece of advice would be to search using slime as your key word.

You can slime for many reasons and here are some but not all.

sinus drainage

being dry-dehydrated

eating too fast

not chewing well enough

on the way to stuck

when all of the above happen and you haven't moved to the second chamber yet ...

Hope this helps

I find that certain foods sometimes get the slime flowining - i seem to struggle with cake, bread, rice, pastas - sometimes I can eat small amounts and other times I just feel the slime running. Are there particular foods or dry foods that you were eating?

What you describe is totally normal. I am having pretty much exactly the same sensations you are. Goes to show how important eating slow, chewing well and taking breaks (to see if the pain the chest is on it's way) are. Best of luck!

That almost pain in my chest is my "don't take another bite or else!" signal from my band. It is the signal that I am full.

If I listen to this signal and stop right there:

Almost pain (tightness) goes away in 1-2 min.

If I don't listen to this signal and take:

One more small bite I get sliming.

One more big bite I get sliming + PBing.

Ok, I am a newbie, just had my first fill last week. What is sliming and Pbling?

Thanks, Sharon

When you eat too fast or too much or too big of a bite, your mouth starts making this really thick saliva to help get the food down. PBing is when this food comes back up, productive burp.