Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went for my 1st fill...Doc couldn't find the port hole!!!

I am really nervous. I was so excited to go for my 1st fill just to be let down because my Doctor could not locate the port hole. Now I have to wait 2 days to go have a Fluoro..something-or-nother at the HOSTIPAL!!!

After reading other post, my biggest fear is that it has completely twisted around I will have to have surgery again to get it fixed.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? :)

Edited by LessofLex

The same thing happened to me. Having it done under flouro should not be a problem - the surgeon will be able to see exactly how the port is sitting in you and should get it on the first try. My port is somewhat twisted - I have to lay on my side and the doc goes in at an angle. He told me that there was no way he could have found it without the flouro, but that surgery to correct it will not be required at this time. It may be required in the future, or with weightloss, the port may re-orient itself.

Actually it was pretty cool to do the flouro thing... you can see your band, and he was able to do a really precise and aggressive fill, since you can see how quickly the pouch empties.

Good luck - and keep us posted!

I really appreciate your reply. I feel much better now.

Well I go at 800am tomorrow morning.

Wish me luck! I will keep you posted :thumbup:

Same thing happened to me--but because I am scheduled to go out of town so much this month I rescheduled--so I kept the original apointment that made me wait three weeks or I would have had it last week--so 2 mths post-op Sunday, and no fill yet until 3/22.

Hello. Well, I went for the Flouroscope and you were right it was cool to see how it works. But it really hurt alot! He was pressing down to try and get the thing to at least turn sideways. Right now it is completely turned the opposite direction. At one point I thought he had stuck an organ it hurt so much!

Anyways, he filled me with 2.5cc in my 10cc band and after all of this trauma I never felt any restriction. He said...see you next month when we do this all over again!!!

I'm still holding on that this thing turns around and I do not have to keep having Flouroscopys.

:thumbup: