Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can see how it changes a person.....

SO--I've had my band now for a little over 2 years and I love it. I've lost a little over 100lbs and look to lose about 30more.

I'm posting this in this section because the Alabama support area is more my home where I post frequently as opposed to the rest of the board.

I've had several of my friends tell me over the last few months how much of a different person I am versus 2 years ago. They all tell me how much my personality shines now whereas before I was more quiet and reserved. I think that when I was fat I felt like nobody would or would want to listen. I always saw myself as the fat girl sitting quietly in the corner!

WOW--Im def not quiet and I def dont sit in the corners. I am so excited for things now- I want to get out- I want to go--I want to experience everything that I felt I was missing before!

I've kinda read silently across the board about how ppl change after their band...I think the inner person just comes out....I think that we've longed for so long to be happy that it just all comes spewing out at once.....

I'm struggling BIG TIME!! With my "personality changes" if you will. Its creating a good bit of conflict at home. I realize now the things that I let go of so many years ago are things that I want back in my life. I don't know, if while I was "fat", I stopped doing those things because nobody else was doing them and I wanted to do all I could to fit in and make others happy that I forgot to make myself happy or what!

Anyhow, if anyone out there is struggling with your "changes" trust you me there are hundreds on here that are feeling the same way!!!

The goals in life that I had before are definitely not the same goals I have now....I dont ever want to go back to those goals.....the settling goals! I want to keep my new and improved outlook on life and LIVE!!!!!!:)

Good for you, you should always be true to yourself and your dreams no matter what size you are, I am glad that you are realizing what your desires are.

first of all I want to say well done Kaninag. I went back and looked at your photo albulm from where you started and where you are today. You have done a fantastic job!! Don't come on this part of the website much i generally stay in the chat room.

I can tell how people has changed just by being in the chat room. I'm so glad me and wife both had the surgery. I don't want to imagine the problems we might have had at home if just 1 of us had the surgery.

How is Jason been doing with his band? Is he at goal now?

Gonna check in from time to time to keep up with everyones progress!!

So to update....the band definitely changes you. For the good for worse I dont know...all I know is that I have recently gotten divorced and I feel like it has a lot to do with the fact that I have lost sooo much weight. I defnitely dont look at things the way I used to. Was a divorce the right decision for me...Im not so sure all i know is I couldnt stay where I was....and keep "hurting those around me"