Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies 3-year bandiversary month!

Hey fellow Marchies--hope you are doing well as we look at our 3-year success. I've been very slow but steady with my loss and although I'd love to lose another 20 lbs., I am not as motivated as I should be since I feel fine where I am. How about you? Where are you these days in your journey? How's life in general? Hope you check in and reconnect.

Happy 3rd bandiversary, Marchies!

Well, I too am crying setback. I do believe my being 6lbs from goal may have made me over confident. That I can get there without trying any harder. Well, 16lbs later, I'm back to my highest weight from my from my last lap of losing weight.

With my emotional eating out of control, the holidays and I can get back on track anytime attitude, is doing me more harm than good.

demsvmejm-I feel the same about going for another fill, how the doctor may see and view me. But like momlambert said, he's seen maybe worse and then some. I'm only 25lbs from where I want to be. And had expected to be there by my anniversary the 27th. But, at least I'll be back to losing by that time. I do want to be at goal for my birthday in July. And I am going to be there. I am more goal orienated now than before. It's like my last chance to be where I want to be. But, now matter what, it'll be gone this year.

msvmejm

demsvmejm

Hi everyone,

i can say ditto to what everyone is saying....i was at goal (153) and i've bounced back up to 176.0. when i was at goal weight, it was sooooo nice not the think about my weight. i really want to get back there. i find i am getting obsessed again and the more i think about weight....the more i eat.

today i am starting to do some of the things i did when i was successful at losing my weight. they are:

1. journalling every morsel that goes in my mouth

2. setting up my gym schedule on sunday night for the week....then doing it

3. drinking 64-100ozs of Water a day.

motivation: originally my doctor said i may only lose 1/2 of my weight. i looked at that as a challenge and wanted to prove him wrong. it really motivated me.

last night i "cornered" my fiancee into saying he didnt think i could stay off ice cream (he didnt want to say it but i made him). i'm trying to set up a new motivation.

whitepants...i keep in my head the fact you encourage more Protein to reduce sugar cravings. that has worked for me and i will also incorporate that.

so...i'm being totally honest about my weight and will update my signature. i feel like that is the only way to recover....

demsvmejm: i must say your post this weekend really helped me to get honest on this thread. it helps to know we are all trying together.

momlambert: thanks for starting this thread

lastly...

i refuse to go ito the 180's. seems like every 10 i gain...i get "used to it".

my wedding is in october and i really dont want to evaluate my pictures on whether or not i look fat....

whew.....it's all out now

so lets hold hands and "band" together once again....

josie

So glad to hear from everyone. It sounds like everyone is setting new goals and starting out our 4th year on a good foot.

It has been a very busy past month for me. My sister had surgery for cancer again and got really good news. The 39 lymph nodes they took out were all free of cancer. She finally went home last Friday.

I did make to the gym this morning. I haven't been much this last month. The ortho doctor doesn't want to do anything with my knees till I lose more weight. So tomorrow I go back to weight watchers. Its the only diet that has every worked for me. I need also to go to the doctor and have my band checked. Its been 18 months or so since I went to see them.

We are all still doing good and we all are much better off then we were 3 years ago.

hi everyone

thickchick: congrats on your 3 year anniversary and your successes. just think where we were 3 years ago this month...

carol: good news about your sister....weight watchers really is a good plan. it has evolved from the deprivation diet to a plan that we can live with. there is a thread on here of people that do weight watchers with the band. i was doing WW but it triggered some eating issues i've had in past so i stopped. but i truly think WW is a good plan.

well i went back for a small fill in tuesday and i'm back on the beam. a few months ago i got totally unfilled. i was near goal weight and i was tired of not being able to eat alot of different things.

being unfilled i still had restriction but was able to eat things like salad again. But the Hunger-monster came back full force as well as my food obsession... so i gained 10 lbs and wasn't willing to go any further.

i was fearful lane bryant would be in my future. and i refuse to go back there.

so i went to the doctor and he put .6 in. at first it felt like i didnt have any restriction. of course my nature is to do everything big and want a full fill. but i didnt voice this. so by the next day my restriction is perfect and my hunger has gone down to a more normal level.

his last warning to me "STAY AWAY FROM ICE CREAM" he said no amount of restriction can do that...so i have to exercise control.

my ice cream addiction started after banding. my doctor feels it was from being too tight and not being able to eat anything but this....i believe what he is saying.

i had an NSV yesterday....i passed up the free cookie they give at the sam's club near me. that was big because i havent been able to pass on Cookies....in a long time.

i feel like i did when i was just banded...i have some of my mojo back....pls pray i can keep it...ONE DAY AT A TIME.

anyway....this is our month!!

josie

Edited by josiebies

Josie, sounds like you have your head on straight again. You will lose that 10lbs real quick.

Hang in there. I'm so glad we have this group and some of us are still around.

Hello fellow marchies!!!

Happy 3yr Bandiversary!!!

With my bandiversary coming up this monday, i started reflecting on the past three years...

I had done so wonderfully the first 2yrs but this past year i have become very lax with my good eating and exercise habits.. actually im slowly headed back to my old habits, eating breads and junk food!!!:wink2: im very disappointed in myself and my weight is there to show.. i gained 10lbs since my plastic surgery last year... most of which was gained in the past couple months..

Like most of you i got comfortable with the weight im at but i know i want to be at a normal bmi..

We can all do this!!!

just look how far we have come!! i have lost 115lbs so far and im net lietting this gain take over me..

Ladies dont fall into the vicious cycle of seeing a weight increase and then eating because ur upset about it... i know i fell into it!!!

But no more, starting now im getting back on track..

im going to see my band surgeon, for a fill.. which i need.

and hopefully my dr. clears me to resume exercise this week..

Hi Everyone! It's so good to see some of you here 3 years later!

Today is my Bandiversary and I started thinking about you guys and my journey the past 3 years. I must say I am very happy with myself and my band even if I don't lose another pound. Right now I weigh 195lbs. My lowest weight after banding was 182lbs and my highest was 210lbs. I've had some problems, but overall I am happy with my progress and still in love with my band!!! :wub:

hi everyone

so glad our group is still plugging along. this is where the real work begins. for me the beginning was a bit easier. now is when i am trying to develop life skills to keep food under control

thanks carol for your kind words.

jeni....alot of us are in the same place as you. i like what you said about the "vicious cycle" of gaining weight then eating over it. that's what scared me the most. i was horrified when i saw the 170's again. then 1 day i hit 179 and i said oh no...not going to the 180's. the small fill definitely helped me to stop obsessing over food. good luck with yours...

tammyj: happy anniversary girl!

this week for me has been better. i'm making sure to do a Protein shake every morning to get my nutrition in. then dinner is normal. but i can only eat a small portion. my appetitie is back under control .

i am having either sugar free Jello or sugar free ice to satisfy the sweet craving.

i am not allowing myself any ice cream even weight watchers. because that ignites the ice cream monster.

anyway "keep on keepin' on everyone!"

josie

I too have had numerous addictions, ice cream, Cookies and the dreaded candy bars. I now have a new favorite "sweet snack" that I LOVE. Greek Yogurt with Honey is the best. It is like candy to me. 120 calories/0 fat/16 grams of Protein for 6 oz. It's around $1.85 per container, but just think how much $ I've spent on all that other crap. I've feel as if I've been busting my butt with the exercise the last month, and have totally eliminated the snack foods, but the scale hasn't budged. I really should see the Dr. I haven't been back in 2 years, I wanted to lose a few pounds before I did, but can't seem to make it happen. Kinda disappointed with this whole situation. Taking it one day at a time. I'm gonna do this!

Well, I did it. I scheduled an appointment with my Dr. I told her it had been over a year since I'd been there and have an overall feeling something is wrong. I didn't tell the whole truth. I've had this sneeking suspicion that I have stretched my pouch out. I told her I wanted an upper GI before my appointment..i'm pretty sure they will find something wrong. On another note, I have been having terrible tummy troubles for the last few hours. The pain moved from where my port is, my lower stomach and then I get weird sensations upwards toward my band. I really have not been taking care of myself and have not followed the band rules for around 1 year now. I guess I deserve these problems. I'm hoping this appointment will be a slap in the face and a kick in the a** to put me back on track. I've read where ppl have had their bands removed because of erosion and slippage..please don't let that be me! I promise to be good no more junk food and emotional eating!

Gosh, you are all good listeners. I'm sending you all the best and keep on the Band Wagon!

Well, I did it. I scheduled an appointment with my Dr. I told her it had been over a year since I'd been there and have an overall feeling something is wrong. I didn't tell the whole truth. I've had this sneeking suspicion that I have stretched my pouch out. I told her I wanted an upper GI before my appointment..i'm pretty sure they will find something wrong. On another note, I have been having terrible tummy troubles for the last few hours. The pain moved from where my port is, my lower stomach and then I get weird sensations upwards toward my band. I really have not been taking care of myself and have not followed the band rules for around 1 year now. I guess I deserve these problems. I'm hoping this appointment will be a slap in the face and a kick in the a** to put me back on track. I've read where ppl have had their bands removed because of erosion and slippage..please don't let that be me! I promise to be good no more junk food and emotional eating!

Gosh, you are all good listeners. I'm sending you all the best and keep on the Band Wagon!

Anxious to hear how your appointment went (or when it is)! Hope everything has improved and the news was good. Please keep us informed. K.

Hope everyone is having a great lapband week! Had an upper GI yesterday and was scared, thought i would be told i had a slip or stretched my pouch..but no, just really tight band. The barium was a tiny trickle, so today Dr. took out 1cc. I realized my band has been too tight for the last year. I cried like a big blubbering idiot when I got on the scale 172 #'s Will be going to the support group meeting in April and am back on track with my exercise. Absolutely no junk food will enter my body! This is my 2nd chance... exercise and healthy eating are my 1st priority. Yeah baby!

Hope everyone is having a great LAP-BAND® week! Had an upper GI yesterday and was scared, thought i would be told i had a slip or stretched my pouch..but no, just really tight band. The barium was a tiny trickle, so today Dr. took out 1cc. I realized my band has been too tight for the last year. I cried like a big blubbering idiot when I got on the scale 172 #'s Will be going to the support group meeting in April and am back on track with my exercise. Absolutely no junk food will enter my body! This is my 2nd chance... exercise and healthy eating are my 1st priority. Yeah baby!

Great news! You go, girl!