Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my 6 week check up and first fill today. I am only down 15 pounds so far. I have read so many posts on here where people have lost 30 pounds and more the first 6 weeks. I feel like such a loser. I did not have any restriction after the first couple weeks and am seriously wondering if this is gonna work for me. Sorry to sound like a whiny baby, this just seems to have been a lot of work to get to even have the surgery then to only lose 15 lousy pounds.....uggggggggggggg:angry::smile2:

I only lost 5 lbs in the first 6 weeks. Your doing great hang in there it takes time to get restriction.

Don't beat yourself up. Everyone loses at their own pace. As long as it's a loss, you're still in the game. If you are not already doing so, perhaps you should log your food and activity. I don't have "real" restriction yet, but I am tracking my calories. That seems to keep me in line, keep me honest and keep the scale moving down.

All the best,

Lauren

I too just had my first fill! I only lost 5 lbs. so far. My surgery was on 2-2-10. I really had no restriction the last 3 wks. Now I can't seem to keep anything down. It seems it is either no rescriction or to much! I don't know what to do!:smile2:

The only thing that matter is that you are moving in the right direction. Don't compare to other only against yourself. Because it the end, your results are the only ones that matter.

I think when you see 30 pounds lost in their tickers is because they did lose weight with their pre-op diet.

How do you get one of those counters?

teytey, check out this link http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

15 pounds in 6 weeks is great! That is is 2.5 pounds a week! If you want a lot more than that, try amputation. :smile2:

You are doing great!!

Dont be discouraged...! Until you get to the best fill for you...it is slow. Im three months since surgery and only lost 18 lbs..but I just got a fill and I imagine that it will be a great month's loss this time. Some people lose alot pre--0p on the special diet..I only lost 2 then but it seems for the most part people lose 50lbs in six months. That's what Im shooting for..Good Luck

15 pounds in a month and half is awesome, I don't know what you're talking about! Without the band, that took me at least three months or more and I'd always gain it back.

No one is supposed to be restricted right after surgery. There's hardly any Fluid in your band! Any restriction you felt was from swelling. It'll take a couple more fills before you start to "feel" it.

Remember that this is a journey, a marathon. Not a sprint. It's the end result that matters. Don't look at the other runners... they don't have your body, your weight, your history. Comparison will only lead to frustration.

Congrats on your loss!!! I only lost 14 in 6 weeks, don't be discouraged. I had my first fill 2 weeks ago and am down another 10. My surgeon told me they do not expect you to lose in the first 6 weeks and if you do it is a bonus :-) Hang in there!! You are on your way

At my first 6 weeks checkup after surgery i actually gained 6 lbs lol I was frustrated but after i started to get fills the weight started to come off...5lbs a week fa a couple weeks then 3 lbs then 1lb...I just went for another fill and am hoping the weight will start to drop off again...Some of my weight loss is from the pre op diet..I lost 19lbs during that 10 days...So don't feel bad...Things will get better!!!! Just have patience my dear....I know its hard because i want it to happen now but it took awhile to gain it so i guess it will take awhile to lose it...

Thank you all for the encouragement!

THanks for that , no one tells that they gained the weight, I go for first fill monday and I think im up a couple of pounds . I can eat anything , I fill ashamed

THanks for that , no one tells that they gained the weight, I go for first fill monday and I think im up a couple of pounds . I can eat anything , I fill ashamed

Shame should never be part of the equation! I can understand disappointment but you have done nothing to be ashamed of.

You just have to try a little harder. The band is only a tool. You are the one that has to do the work.

Good luck and stay away from guilt and shame!!