Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Stacie, yay, sorta!!!! Fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

So, is it weird that I enjoyed my date and now am finding every man I see attractive? It's like the beast has woken up and is on the prowl. Sheesh.

Stacie, yay, sorta!!!! Fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

So, is it weird that I enjoyed my date and now am finding every man I see attractive? It's like the beast has woken up and is on the prowl. Sheesh.

If this was Facebook...I would've just clicked the "like" button...but alas no likey button here....anyways to be cliche..."YOU GO GIRL" lol :thumbdown:

It's a bit worrying that you are finding EVERY man attractive. There are lots of ugly guys out there(yes I know beauty is only skin deep)!

i actually thought that the engine said

IKNOWICAN..........

(yes I know beauty is only skin deep)!

But ugly cuts straight to the bone!

Just checking in folks.

December 3rd I am having my panniculectomy. I am not looking forward to the pain but it probably won't be half as bad as I imagine it to be.

Not a whole lot more going on.

Just checking in folks.

December 3rd I am having my panniculectomy. I am not looking forward to the pain but it probably won't be half as bad as I imagine it to be.

Bob-Is insurance going to pay for some/all of your panniculectomy? I've heard of it sometimes if you are having problems from excess skin (rashes, chafing, etc..)

Speaking of that now I am worried that if I do need surgery...will my insurance cover it??? They did (90%) of my original, but now I am "overweight" not "morbidly obese" so maybe they will cover getting the bad one out and not to put a new one in :thumbup:!!! AGGGGGGGG damn my mother for turning me into her...the constant worrier

Just checking in folks.

Then you will post pics of your 6pack?

Bob-Is insurance going to pay for some/all of your panniculectomy? I've heard of it sometimes if you are having problems from excess skin (rashes, chafing, etc..)

Speaking of that now I am worried that if I do need surgery...will my insurance cover it??? They did (90%) of my original, but now I am "overweight" not "morbidly obese" so maybe they will cover getting the bad one out and not to put a new one in :thumbup:!!! AGGGGGGGG damn my mother for turning me into her...the constant worrier

I looked at my policy and gave Aetna a call. They said no cosmetic surgery. I didn't bother pushing any further.

I am having a an umbilical hernia fixed at the same time and insurance pays 100% for that. So, my final quote for the panni is $4,870 out of pocket with a guarantee of no hidden costs.

Crystl, no six pack with the panni. The muscles aren't touched. Just the hangover/apron.

Wow. That really doesn't seem like a bad price to me at all! You will have to let us know what it's like. I know for a fact I still have fat to lose there, but I keep looking at it wondering how much of it is extra skin and how much is fat. Too hard to tell right now :thumbup:. Right now that is my "white whale"...well along with the boobs that have migrated to my waist instead of my chest :thumbup: but you don't have that problem

Hey Stacie, you are having a complication, so I think you'd be covered.

If not, I've heard of surgeons doing like what Bob is doing, insurance coveres anesthesia and band removal, then you pay a revision fee. Just a note and for what it is worth (which is $0), I'd not hesitate to switch to bypass if my band had to come out.

Hang in there. Don't forget, I am going to send you my hubby. That will help pass the time!

How's your pressure doing these days? Mine still dips at odd times. Walking down the street at our local Oktoberfest, I started feeling faint. Weird. I hadn't even had any beer at that point! We had to quickly find a place to sit down for a bit.

Bob, congrats on the date. I'd suspect there will be quite a bit of pain. Keep the pain meds near by!

Not much else to report here...oh wait...yeah...I was taking minutes at a 3 day meeting for my bosses boss and his peers. 14 managers. Well, guess what happened???

Yep, I got stuck! DORK! Why I thought it wise to eat something on a short break, I don't know. Especially why I thought a few bites of a doughnut would go down well, I REALLY don't know. I had to excuse myself three times for the urps.

Fortunately, there were presentations going on at the time, so I was mostly able to sneak out and do my business. What an idiot!

Not quite as bad as sliming in the jury box, but dangit! :thumbup:

Stacie: Deep breaths...it's just a bump in the road. You've come so far and you are not the woman you were before the band. You know you've developed some good habits...including self-control cuz as the chocolate mousse told you, it still comes down to you. :thumbup: See there...I just read your next post that shows the positive woman you are. :thumbup:

Denise: Sliming in a jury box? Is this a personal experience...or just a comparison? I was sitting in the food court at our resort this week and a piece of chicken stuck just long enough to start me sliming. I didn't have time to do more than grab a napkin before the slime just came hurtling out. Thank God for an empty cup, lots of napkins, a husband with quick reflexes and an almost empty dining area.

Christie: I don't think it's weird at all that you see all men as attractive now. I think when we don't see ourselves as attractive, we don't allow ourselves to see the opposite sex as potential mates...sort of a fear of rejection. Our subconscious just convinces us that we're not interested.

Bob: Many insurances will pay for the surgery on the excess stomach and (for women) boobs since the area underneath is prone to major bacterial infection. The doctor just needs to document that it is for a health reason. I spoke to my insurance company (BC/BS) and they said that the fact that I am a diabetic is enough for them to approve both. Bat wings, elephant skin on legs, etc. is all considered cosmetic though.

So, we're back and I am beyond ticked. Not only did I stay on my low carb eating plan, but I walked *miles* every day...and I gained 5 pounds!

My husband and I shared all of our meals, with me taking a smaller portion so it would amount to no more than 1 cup of food. omelet for Breakfast and hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken (breading removed) were the staple along with a big salad. The dressing had more carbs than I would've liked but it still wasn't too bad. I did end up eating carbs with my meal as I found that the increased activity and no carbs were leaving me with not enough energy to walk around the parks all day, but I made sure that it was no more than 1/4 cup. I drank nothing but Water all week.

We opened up the parks in the morning and shut 'em down at night and spent the whole day walking. Not a sauntering type walk either because we didn't just stroll from one building to another. No, we went to things in order of interest even if it meant traversing back and forth across the park. Plus we never had to wait in line more than 15 minutes for anything. Oh and our room was in the farthest building from the main building and transportation. My husband put on his pedometer and calculated that just doing a round trip from our room to transportation was 1/4 mile. We were 'lucky' enough to be dropped off and picked up at the farthest point from the main entrance to the parks as well. Yippee (she says in a deadpan voice) and he calculated those at roughly 1/4 mile round trip. So I walked...and walked...and walked. And gained 5 pounds. WTH?! :thumbup:

I'm kind of depressed about that this morning, but putting it down to the fact that I was totally carb free the previous week so adding in any carbs was going to affect that original loss. Plus I'm sure there are lots of hidden carbs and calories when you eat out.

So, deep breath...and move forward. Now that I've 'broken in' my feet and legs with the walking, I'm going to try and continue walking every day. The weather is certainly nice enough now to do that. S'long and good riddance to the hot humid days of summer!

Well, off to unpack and do laundry. Have a good one, y'all!

Melody

Welcome home Melody!

I'd put the weight to just being off your regimen and eating out. No matter how well you eat, just getting restaurant food seems to do it. At least for me!

Sliming in a jury box was personal experience! I was a juror in a pretty high profile case here. Took a pill and then ate lunch. The pill got stuck, along with everything I ate. Which wasn't alot. But there I was, with a wad of paper towels sliming away in seat #3. There were two defendants and two juries, so there was a jury straight across from us, also. Staring us down, if you will. The gallery was full every day. It was fun trying to casually spit into a wad of white paper towels! At least the judge didn't stop the proceedings to ask if I was ok.

Yeah, good times! :biggrin:

Morning bandsters...

It's a gorgeous fall morning here in the midwest. Yesterday was our first day back home from vacation and I spent it just lazing around. I did manage to get most of the laundry done but that was about it. Fortunately, my mother-in-law invited us to dinner so I didn't even have to go to that trouble.

I'm a bit less tired this morning and am hoping to ease back into my usual routine a little bit more. I have a lot to do but I am not going to ruin my week's vacation by running around like a stressed chicken trying to do it. What gets done will get done...and what doesn't, won't.

Have a good one y'all!

Melody

Melody, Your 5 pounds is probably a combo of Water retention from the salt in restaurant food and when I work out more than usual my body retains water for a few days too. I bet it goes away in a couple of days.

Stacie-- What about the sleeve if you have to have revision? That is my backup plan.

Bob-- Good luck with the panni, I would like to do some CS but A) I'm scared of the pain, :biggrin: I cant take off work and most of all C) NO MONEY. I am kind of irritated that, after losing all this weight I am not more happy with my body. I guess I thought I was going to get my 20 year old body back. SHEESH!

I am kind of irritated that, after losing all this weight I am not more happy with my body. I guess I thought I was going to get my 20 year old body back. SHEESH!

I don't want my 20yo body back!!! Well...I guess right now I "kind" of have it. The girls aren't as perky :). I want my 16yo body back :puke:. As for the sleeve, I would have to look into cost because my insurance doesn't cover the sleeve. But then again who says they will cover anything except for the removal of my band if I do need it? Argggg I hate waiting. This is why God didn't let me have kids...NO PATIENCE!

Melody-WB. That's why I scrub my house too before vacation. I like to come home and be able to relax for a day or two before going back to the real world (well except for the laundry). I am sure that the 5lbs will disappear! Everyone is probably right about the salt from the restaurant foods.