Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've had three fills and have restriction...finally... however, life has not been easy these past five days. I've PB'd 3 times and gotten stuck a lot. I know I'm not too tight because I can eat, when I eat correctly and the correct foods. My band is doing it's job...finally...just wanted to post to those who don't have restriction yet...it's comin' soon. My new way of life includes much smaller portions, much smaller bites, chew, chew, chew and chew some more, a lot of Water and hot tea, and no hunger. That last one is a big one that I've been waiting for. And it's here. So, fret not my friends who don't have restriction yet...you will and it's a new way of life. I'm lovin' it!!!

It sounds like you finally have good restriction. If it sticks around for awhile, then it's HELLO SWEET SPOT!

I have had 2 fills and my 3rd is 3/15/10 and i can not wait. You have given me hope!!

Thanks

Your post could not have come at a better time for me. I got banded right around the same time as you and am going for my 3rd Fill on Monday. I have 4.5cc in a lapband aps (10cc) band right now. You give me hope and a little fear that this next fill may be the one that does the trick. I say 'fear' just because its also a little scary that I might not be able to eat some certain foods after this fill and might need to be a lot more careful w/my chewing and pace of eating.

BTW, how much total fill do you have right now? Just curious because I've seen quite a few who seem to get to their sweet spot around 5.5ish w/the 10cc band.

Everyone seems to be getting fills alot more quickly that I have gotten. I was banded on 12/9 and just got my first fill on 2/19 and it was 2cc. Some banders get their first fills within 2 or 3 weeks of surgery. Has anyone had to wait a long time? I have a dr appt 3 weeks out from my first fill. I don't notice any difference between having my fill and not haveing it. Well....Maybe a little bit, but can still eat what I want maybe not quite a much. I am just feeling like I am doing something wrong or something. I have a large band in place 14cc. Anyone have one that large?

Please give me any info you can. Thanks.

Thanks for taking the time to share and encourage! I was feeling like a big huge failure. I have had 3 fills and am at 6cc out of 10cc possible. and I have been ashamed to admit that I feel minimal restriction. after my first 2 fills I was miserable because I lost ....0 lbs!!! that was when I started really WORKING to eat more Protein and practice more willpower. but I was so angry because it felt exactly the same as it had when I didnt have the band. now at 6ccs, I have to admit that I probably only feel like I'm satisfied after eating about 90% of what I used to. thats not quite what I was expecting.

so now I have hope that maybe I just havnt reached my "sweet spot". I was shcocked because my doc actually said he anticipated he could stop at 6cc. tomorrow is my next fill.

I beganhaving crazy thoughts like "what if there was a hole in my band" yada yada yada.

thanks for sharing!

I've had three fills and have restriction...finally... however, life has not been easy these past five days. I've PB'd 3 times and gotten stuck a lot. I know I'm not too tight because I can eat, when I eat correctly and the correct foods. My band is doing it's job...finally...just wanted to post to those who don't have restriction yet...it's comin' soon. My new way of life includes much smaller portions, much smaller bites, chew, chew, chew and chew some more, a lot of Water and hot tea, and no hunger. That last one is a big one that I've been waiting for. And it's here. So, fret not my friends who don't have restriction yet...you will and it's a new way of life. I'm lovin' it!!!

Hi Friend.

Congrats! It sounds like you have hit the sweet spot. As you say, this takes some getting used to but the frustrating phase wondering why you got this tool, or is it going to work, is hopefully over. Just one word of caution - as you are getting accustomed to this new filll level, and learning how to chew, chew, chew...slowing down and finding that some foods that used be to be easy don't work anymore, keep in mind that if you are getting stuck a lot, you can get yourself very irriitated. Check with your doctor, but after getting stuck, my doctor recommends taking it easy - stop eating, consider liquids for then next meal.

If you remember, I was one of those people who took a lot of fills to get to my sweet spot, and here I am sitting at goal for over 2 years. I think you've been to my blog site, but for others who want to learn about how different the fill experience can be (in this case with 2 women with the same size band, and the same doctor), you can go to my blog at Gloria's Banded Living — My Lapband Weight Loss Success Story, and download our interview the 7 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before Lapband Surgery. We talk about this in Tip 3 - Don't Underestimate the Adjustable Nature of the Band.

Let me know if it helps.

Hang in there...the PB'ing and sliming becomes less frequent. After my last fill, I'd say for the first week I was doing the whole pb'ing and sliming pretty frequently. I thought about going in for a slight .25cc unfill but chose to just tough it out and give up those things that were now a problem. Turned out it was just temporary swelling because after about a week, I could eat most things (still not bread) without a problem.

Congratulations!

Hooray! I'm so glad you've reached your sweet spot.

I have my second fill on Wednesday, and my third on 3/26. I hope to be in your ranks around then! For now, I'm practicing and pretending I already have restriction--tiny bites, chewing to oblivion, and tiny portions.

The "no hunger" part of your post made me smile. For you--and also with hope for myself.