Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lasagna is a slider food. :tongue_smilie:

But it tastes so good. I haven't had any since being banded though.

what do you mean by "slider food" I am newly banded and not sure of some of tghe terms used :tongue_smilie:

I made lasagna yesterday because my son requested it. He is a Marine and home on leave till tomorrow. I will cry tomorrow....

Anyway, I wouldn't consider it a slider. I had problems eating it and wound up pulling all the cheese and meat off the noodles and just eating that. And I ate all the cheese and meat with sauce, hey, it's protein...

I just had another piece a little while ago for dinner and had to take the noodles off again.

I don't know how you figure it's a slider? Please explain?

what do you mean by "slider food" I am newly banded and not sure of some of tghe terms used :cool2:

Slider means the food pretty much just slides through the pouch into your tummy, thus not triggering the "full" signal to help you stop eating sooner. Everyone has different experience with foods so most everyone will have different slider foods. Some foods though, will be sliders for just about everyone.

I had surgery on 2/1/10, so I am still learning. In fact, today is my first real meal of mushies since surgery. I FF refried Beans and I made them AWESOME!! Not a slider for me.:tongue_smilie:

Edited by MingoLingo

When I was heavy into low carb I made a version of lasagna where I used thin/long slices of zuchinni instead of noodles. It was pretty good. I am not a huge lasagna eater though.

I made it for my daughter when she was last home from school, and while I didn't eat the noodles, I did eat the rest. I totally agree---pure Protein, and straight out of the pouch. Sliiiiiiide. No staying power at all.

But damn, it tastes good.

what do you mean by "slider food" I am newly banded and not sure of some of tghe terms used :tongue_smilie:

It means it goes right on through and I don't get the full feeling. It's like not being banded.

I knew spaghetti was a slider for me, but had no clue the lasagna would be because they're bigger noodles. And yes <sigh> I did have 2 pieces. So...crossing lasagna off my list of foods for the time being since I obviously lack the self-control to deal with it.

I made a big pan and cut the whole thing up into single serving pieces and froze them on a cookie sheet. Once they were solid I did the whole freezer saver vacuum pack thing so my husband and son can have lasagna when they're so inclined...but for me they're 'outta sight, outta mind.'

I don't know how you figure it's a slider? Please explain?

It goes right on through the band...and I have restriction. Rice is another slider food for me. I have to eat it after I've eaten some Protein and vegies or else it goes right on through. I can actually feel it. That surprised me since many people have difficulty with rice sticking. Guess some slider foods are the same for us all (ice cream, etc.) while others will be unique to each individual.

It goes right on through the band...and I have restriction. Rice is another slider food for me. I have to eat it after I've eaten some Protein and vegies or else it goes right on through. I can actually feel it. That surprised me since many people have difficulty with rice sticking. Guess some slider foods are the same for us all (ice cream, etc.) while others will be unique to each individual.

This sucks!!! I love me some lasagna! Wonder if you can make a no-noodle version and just have extra meat, ricotta, mozzarella and sauce in a nice big messy bowl. I am praying that is an alternative because I can't live without lasagna LOL!!!

I make "eggplant" Lasagna and I just replace the noodles with Eggplant... With all the sauce, meat and cheese you can barely taste the eggplant if you don't really like it too much... Another version I have is I but the Shredded carrots and brocolli at the grocery store and I layer that in place of the noodles... Either way its yummy and you feel like your eating real lasagna....

Side note, I saute the Eggplant in a little olive oil... I used to cut it in circles but that took forever frying two circles at a time and used more oil... Now I just diced it up into chunks and I saute it all in one batch, then layer it... Or you can mix it with the meat and sause and top it with Cottage cheese, more sauce then mozzerella cheese then bake it...

Too bad Elfie! I know you were looking forward to this. It's all experimental...isn't it? We find one food that stays with us and another just slides right through the band.

Mike loves spagetti, and his skinny body can handle it, so when I make it for him, I made a mixture for myself of ricotta, cottage cheese and shredded mozzerella with a scoop of greek yogurt, mix it all together, put sauce over the top and then a slice of provolone. I then nuke it long enough to melt the provolone.

This is as close to lasagna as I care to get as Pasta will get stuck almost everytime, and I want to keep losing, not fight the carb monster. I have been eating it this way since surgery in june, and love it.