Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4th fill and too tight?

I got my 4th fill on Thursday and everything seemed okay. All liquds went down fine. I wake up Saturday morning and I have a small drink of Water and it gets stuck and since than it has been hell for me. Everything is getting stuck. It goes down after alittle while buy until it does i am in alot of pain. Will it losen up if i go on a all liquid diet for a couple of days or do i go for a unfill which wouldn't be for another 3 days. any help would be appriciated.

You may just be swollen from the fill. If you can't get Water down you need to go in asap for a slight unfill. If you can keep water down You might try a liqued diet for a couple of days and see if it gets better. If it doesn't you will need to go in because being too tight can cause a slip if you let it go on too long. My last fill I was too tight but I could get water down. After a few days of liqueds it loosened up. I'm still pretty tight but can eat 1/2 cup to a cup of food.< /p>

...what she said... I had the exact same thing happen at my last fill. Definitely do liquids for a few days and see how things are. I thought I was too tight. I could barely get down liquids. I called for an appt, but my doc was out of town for 3 days. I didn't want someone else, so I decided to wait. I ended up cancelling the appointment 3 days later when the swelling went down.

Cindy

Take *small* sips of Water. If you can't get it down, then call your doctor right away. Dehydration can kill you.

If you can keep the Water down with small sips, I'd give it a bit. You may just have temporary swelling from the fill.

I got my 4th fill on Thursday and everything seemed okay. All liquds went down fine. I wake up Saturday morning and I have a small drink of Water and it gets stuck and since than it has been hell for me. Everything is getting stuck. It goes down after alittle while buy until it does i am in alot of pain. Will it losen up if i go on a all liquid diet for a couple of days or do i go for a unfill which wouldn't be for another 3 days. any help would be appriciated.

If you can't get liquid down you need to go back to your doc immediately.

Go on liquids, if you can not get them down. you need to see your Doc. as you will Dehydration will cause problems you have time. Drink, clear fluids, clear broth. if this dose not work. See your Doc. to get some taken out. Scotty D Been there done that.

Donna, are you doing better today? My last fill made me very tight and has stayed tight since September, but I have always been able to get liquids down. If you can't get the liquids in today you should see if they can squeeze you in for at least a tiny unfill tomorrow because it is an emergency at that point. hope you are doing better soon.

I am on an all liquid diet now since last night and today it is still tight but i am taking small sips and it is staying down. i am going to continue this and see where i get. thanks for all your carng help. this is a long battle but it helps to know we are all in this together. i am very discouraged sometimes but in the long run this is taking me down the path i need to be at. thanks guys