Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

letter I received from Andres

--- andres betancourt <betancourt_andres@hotmail.com> wrote: --------------------------------- SHERI, I AM SO GLAD YOUR HUSBAND IS DOING WELL.I BELIVE HE HAS NOT LOST ANY WEIGHT BECAUSE OF NO FILL.THIS WOULD BE A GOOD THING.I HAD SOMEONE DO A LITTLE RESEARCH ON YOUR POSTS, HERE IS WHAT WE FOUND.YOU ARE A LITTLE CONFUSED ON THE FACTS.WELL LETS JUST PUT IT IN GETTO TERMS.GIRL YOU DONE GOT CAUGHT IN A BIG FAT LIE.BELOW IS YOUR POST RIGHT AFTER YOUR HORRIBLE EXPERIANCE WITH US.READ ON johnnyreno Registered User Join Date: May 2005 Age: 44 Posts: 18 band removed after four days --------------------------------- HI EVERYONE, My husband and myself had our operations at the same time ...I don't know what we were thinking : ) We could'nt take care of each other... I had researched the inamed band for a couple of months before the operations. We went to meetings etc. It seemed to be so much better than the gastric bypass ,no disrespect to those who have had that done ...I am just a sissy less evasive etc. My husband and I are self employed without insurance . Well we figured we would have less health problems without being obese etc. And maybe an insurance company would consider us as customers instead of obese and denied insurance wow how rude. Well I went in first because I wanted this operation so bad (and my husband was a little nervous) I had the operation it was great I woke up just fine no nausea nothing ,I went in five or ten min. after waking up to kiss my husband before his surgery,Then he went in came out with no problems . I thought this was a breeze ,I felt a little tight in my chest but that was it. I had iv's hooked up etc. I had not attempted to drink sip anything yet. later on that evening the iv was done and it was time for me to try and sip some Water and take my liquid meds whewwwwwwwww that was it. I began vomiting it was horrible ,The doctor came in and injected me with some anti -nausea meds. it worked untill I tryed to sip some more Water and meds about a hour after the shot ...more vomiting and oh my gosh my chest felt like someone was hitting me with a sledge hammer ...well this went on for Four Days imagine that well I did'nt get any meds or water down during that time nor did I get to take my thyroid meds. the whole time ....I could'nt stop vomiting even a drip from an ice cube would make me vomit ....for crying out loud the doctor said I was vomiting up my own saliva ....violently vomiting it got to a point where I could barely breath...the doctor took me in for emergency surgery I was vomiting into my lung and had to have that vacumed out.....I feel like such a Failure.. My husband has done just Great I am so proud of him! Okay I am a little jealious it did'nt work for me.....But still proud of him : ) The only thing we could think of was I was under alot of stress we had a death in the family two days before surgery ,my grandfather died at 98 years old and i took care of him .......maybe I should have waited? thanks for reading Sheri HERE IS THE ONE ABOUT YOU LIEING ABOUT NO PAIN MEDICATION. Hello Everyone , Thanks for reading our story,Yes we are in Reno.... I am not sure how big my band was I had in but I know it held 4cc inamed.. My problem was I could'nt get any air ,I thought I was going to pass out... I tryed for almost five days....Thankyou for all of your input... and yes I would try it again.... My doctor did want to put me on a morphine drip but it was too late ... we did the emergency surgery.... : ( Sheri P.S. WE WILL NOT POST THE TRUTH.THIS IS FOR YOUR EYES ONLY.WE DO HAVE EXCELLENT WORK HABITS.AS FOR YOUR SON RIDING A TROLLEY AND ALL THAT OTHER STUFF.PLEASE ASK HIM HOW I ARRANGED A PRIVATE SHUTTLE TO MEET HIM AT THE San Diego AIRPORT AND HAVE HIM DELIVERED TO THE FRONT DOOR OF THE CLINIC.I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY YOU MIGHT HAVE NOT REMEMBERED SINCE IF I RECALL CORRECTLY YOU ARE A ZANEX USER.GOOD LUCK.IN GETTO TERMS GIRL KEEP STEPPIN. RESPECTFULLY, ANDRES ANDRADE BETANCOURT PRESIDENT BETANCOURT MEDICAL CENTER 1-(866)-806-4286 MELLISA BRACKER PATIENT COORDINATOR 1-(866)-310-1232 VIOLET LACARI VICE PRESIDENT 1-(619)-308-5160 U.S. OFFICE NUMBER FAX (323)-563-3212 U.S.A. 01152 (664)687-1547 Mexico OFFICE DIRECT LINE NEXTEL DIRECT CONNECT 124*184623*2 www.betancourtmedical.com betancourt_andres@hotmail.com andres@betancourtmedical.com

I can't say this surprised me. Andres acts like your best friend until there is complications involved. Can you believe he threatened to sue me???

Who is this Andres.. aside from being a big jerk.. You had your surgery done in Mexico?

I can't believe anyone who claims to be a professional in the medical world wether or not he is a surgeon would write such a childish and innappropriate letter. Not to mention completely unprofessional- can't even spell the medication he accused you of abusing (xanax). No surgery center owner in this country i'm sure would spend their time writing a post like this- most would have their lawyer discreetly take care of the situation. Looks like somebody is a little worried their scam has been exposed on this site and sees the gravy train derailing. Also, I have taken a number of media law classes and I am really wondering what grounds he threatened to sue under.

I was banded by Dr. B's clinic on 7/30/2007.:P Starting weight 397. Would a US doctor touch me....._ell no, because of other medical issues (ie.Huge mesh isertion abdominally). After talking with Dr. B and discussing all options and possbilities, and he was brutally honest with me, I went to Mexico and had the surgery. To date I have been back for two fills, and have lost 119.5 lbs.:smile2::lol::tt2: I was perfectly comfortable in his care and recieved great care. He told me not to come unless someone came with me to stay at the hotel with. He also offered us the hospitality of his home. His nurse came every day. Like most medical procedures though, you have to follow the directions that the doctor gives you. Most people don't. Would I recommend them? Yes, in a heartbeat. When I went back for my fills I met at least twenty to thirty of his patients who were getting the surgery, getting a fill, or had reached goal and came back for cosmetic surgery. Think about both sides of the coin olks and instead of asking for bad news on a doctor, try asking for good news.:smile::tt2:

What a bizarre letter.. he could sue for slander, but if it's true it's not slander, so he would lose. But.. that's extremely weird, and I hope that keeps anyone else from using him.

I was banded by Dr. B's clinic on 7/30/2007.

I understood that Bettencourt was not actually a doctor. At least he hasn't got a license any more.

Btw, now he's disappeared off the face of the earth, how do you get your fills?