Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

had my surgery Febuary 15th

I had my surgery on Febuary 15th and I'm feeling not too bad! I'm still a little sore and it really sucks to burp/hiccup... I am not really hungry but my tummy did start rumbling today when I made my son a grilled cheese sandwich.... I haved my follow-up appointment on Monday the 22nd, so we will see what happens then.. anyway,.. I would love to hear from others who just had their surgery...

I wish us all the best of luck in our journeys ahead of us!!!:confused:

Congratulations! Sounds like it went well for you. I have my surgery tomorrow.

How'd your follow up appointment go? Everything still good?

Jen,

I hope your surgery went well and you have a fast recovery. My surgery wasn't so bad, my tummy didn't really hurt, but the gas that came out of me shoulders really sucked. The liquid diet isn't bad either, just make sure you have a large variety of things to "drink" lol...

My appointment was awesome.. I lost 15 pounds the first week and now I am at 20 pounds and it hasn't even been two weeks yet. It's really exciting seeing the scale go down....

I am almost completly healed and I have no pain.. It's great.. so far so good..

Please update me and let me know how you are doing!

Take Care,

Melissa

Wow, Melissa! 15 pounds the first week. That's just crazy! It sounds like your surgery went really smoothly, and you're recovery just nicely!! Hooray!

My surgery was this morning, and so far I think I'm having it quite easy. I have minimal to no pain in incision areas-- even my port doesn't hurt.

My left shoulder hurts-- but it's not excruciating or anything. I have even had periods today where the pain went away. Hopefully it won't last too long.

Interestingly, the thing that bothers me most is my throat! It has been quite sore at times, though I just woke up from a nap and it feels a great deal better. I don't know if it'll start hurting again when my Tylenol wears off... I stopped taking the Lortab when I left the hospital (only took one there). They make me sooo groggy, so I've been using liquid tylenol instead.

I'm not having any problem drinking fluids, which is nice. I was worried I'd have a hard time getting sips in... but it's not been a problem! Yay!

Hooray for us!!

Jen- oh btw-- my doctor gave me a picture of my band in place and one of the hiatal hernia that I didn't know I had! :crying: There's one for the scrap book!:cursing:

I had my surgery on Febuary 15th and I'm feeling not too bad! I'm still a little sore and it really sucks to burp/hiccup... I am not really hungry but my tummy did start rumbling today when I made my son a grilled cheese sandwich.... I haved my follow-up appointment on Monday the 22nd, so we will see what happens then.. anyway,.. I would love to hear from others who just had their surgery...

I wish us all the best of luck in our journeys ahead of us!!!:crying:

Your surgery was on my 2nd Bandiversary!!

That's gotta be a good sign! :cursing:

Jen,

I am so excited for you.. It sounds like you are doing great!!! I can't believe you got pictures, I am so jealous. My throat did hurt as well.. but it went away the next day, hopefully you will have the same outcome..

My first day after I came home from surgery I just slept and slept and slept... I guess anesthesia don't get along too well =)

Well I hope you have a great night and feel okay..

Take Care,

Melissa

Cocoabean---

That's great.. I love it your "Bandiversary" that's awesome! I hope it is a good sign... =)

Laura---

Thank you so much.. I know it's going to be a long journey, but it's one I am more than willing to take =)

Hi Fellow Feb 15thers!!!

It's three weeks post op......doing well!!! Down 30 lbs so far!!!! VERY slowly adding real food.....I detest Protein Shakes but know they are best!!!!

How are you?????

I had my surgery on the 15th im down 32lbs having a hard time with the Protein. Not really hungry but im already tired of chicken broth.< /p>

I had my surgery on the 15th im down 32lbs having a hard time with the Protein. Not really hungry but im already tired of chicken broth.

Y'all are doing great!!! Keep up the good work!

Yay!!!

bashkan..... sounds like you're doing great! I found a great Protein drink at costco. I started eating some what of a regular diet and it's going well. In three weeks I've gone from 279 to 248... It's pretty exciting! It's nice watching the numbers on the scale drop. I hope you are doing well.....

divamom.... you are doing great. it's hard to stick to the liquid part of the diet....... it gets so boring but soon enough you will be on your way to "normal" foods... Today we has mcdonalds for dinner i had a fish fillet, without the bun (only 2.5oz).

Hi I HAD SURGERY FEB 22 TH i LOST 10 MY FIRST TWO WEEKS.

Hello, just found this site and your thread. We had surgery the same day same doctor!

I hope things are still going well for you. I go today for a fill and hopefully more great new more #'s lost.

Hope to talk to you soon!

Got my band February 12 - all is well, after my 3rd fill I really had to go by the "rules" tight but not TOO tight - just holds me accountable for what I should be doing - down 31 lbs.. how does that compare too much, too little?