Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

nooooooooooo gained a lb!!!

Omg!!! I gained a pound, i had my surgery a month ago today, i had lost 25 lbs pre op diet and post op.... I weight myself this morning and i gained a lb!!! I havent had a fill yet, i get one march 8! And i cant wait because right now i can eat everything i want and it is soooo hard trying to stick to a diet after those miserable starving weeks from the beginning.... I dont know how to stick to a diet right now!!!!!!!!!!!! How did u guys did it!!!

Omg!!! I gained a pound, i had my surgery a month ago today, i had lost 25 lbs pre op diet and post op.... I weight myself this morning and i gained a lb!!! I havent had a fill yet, i get one march 8! And i cant wait because right now i can eat everything i want and it is soooo hard trying to stick to a diet after those miserable starving weeks from the beginning.... I dont know how to stick to a diet right now!!!!!!!!!!!! How did u guys did it!!!

Right now it's all a mental thing. You have no restriction so basically it's all up to you and a 'diet'. Make sure you are drinking your Protein shakes and with your meals, make sure that you weight and measure everything. You can eat more then you are supposed to at this stage, so you really have to portion your food out. If you feel yourself getting hungry, drink some fluids instead, or try and find something to get your mind off of food. If you find yourself reaching for something that you shouldn't, WAIT - think of the positive of having the food, and the negative of having the food. Chances are the negative out weighs the positive. Make yourself a food journal and write down everything you have for the day. And don't beat yourself up over a pound or 2. It will come off again. Try increasing your exercise if you are able to do that. Maybe walk longer? There are all types of exercises that you can do in your home if you feel uncomfortable exercising infront of people or can't get out of the house. Even chair exercises. Also try eating higher Protein foods that will keep you fuller longer like chicken or fish. I also live on sugar free Ice Pops. They are my lifesavers because they take care of my sweet tooth even though they are sugar free.< /p>

Hope this helps. Good luck to you.

Congrats,

you are in the BandHell Club. Since Preop & since Jan 15th when you were banded all the weight you lost was from your own work..or post op eating limitations.

That rocks. 1 pound is nothing..although I understand NOT wanting to go backward.

Just keep fighting until March 8th..then 2 weeks after that the fight might start again. Its a bit of a merry go round until the restriction is dialed in.

Be excited. you have a lot to look forward to. :angry:

Call and see if you can get a fill. No reason you can't have one since you're a month out. I got a fill at 4 weeks postop and then every 2 weeks until I had restriction.

Until my second fill I had to do everything in my power not to gain any weight. It was terrible and I totally empathize with you. The swelling from your surgery has gone down and you haven't had the proper fills to bring you to true restriction. Some call this "Bandster Hell". I just made sure I ate healthy foods and not too much of them. It was very hard because now you are back on solids. Hang in there and don't expect too much from your first fill. I didn't get any restriction from that one. You can do this! Keep on this forum. It is a great source of support! Best wishes!!

My surgeon said it was totally normal to gain weight from the time of surgery to the time of first fill. He told me not to worry about weight loss during this time, but rather the healing of my stomach.

I'd recommend just concentrating on good food choices, cutting back on your portion sizes, and starting an exercise program, such as walking or light aerobics, whatever your doctor has said you can do at this point.

Once you start getting fills, that is when you will start to feel it and your portion sizes will go down even more.

Most importantly, do not feel like a failure because you're not! You are in that time zone of Bandster Hell! You'll get through it. We all do.

I would call and go in and get a fill, I am sure he will see you before march. Mine would.