Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks post op tomorrow

so tomorrow i will be 2 weeks post op, and i am feeling great! i started the soft & moist stage of my diet, which is wonderful because i can eat so many more things. i had no idea how good tuna or eggs could be! haha. anyway, my pain is all gone, i can finally sleep on my stomach again & i have my energy back.

the good news is, i guess because i'm still a newbie, i still feel like i have restriction. i mean i can eat very little still, but enough to keep my full. & apparently i'm eating the right stuff because i stay full for a long time.

now wednesday is my 2 week follow up, so we'll see if i've lost any weight. i haven't weighed myself since day of surgery!

oh...& i started using My Fitness Pal to log everything i'm eating & it seems to be helping a lot too.

Wow. 2 weeks post op and you can sleep on your stomach. I am 3 days post op and my incision cite hurts. I hope this goes away soon. I feel like I can't drink much at all I get full of liquids very quick. I hope I feel as good as you do soon.

2 weeks post-op tomorrow for me also. My Doc still has me on liquids. Soups, puddings, yugurt stuff like that, no chunks.

Edited by MingoLingo

at 1 week out, i felt horrible. my incisions hurt, i couldn't sleep on my left side or stomach, as a matter of fact, i had just started being able to sleep laying down at that point. give it a couple of weeks, you'll start to feel better, don't worry

I'm 9 days post-op and can't wait to sleep on my left-side and stomach again.

I just realized today that I can actually feel my port under my skin... I was so excited that I could actually feel it!

haha it actually grossed me out a little the first time i felt it lol

lucky you! i dont have any restriction so im hungry most of the day... been getting into the eggs, Beans and fish alot keeps me going but night time is hurtin me! i know i will put on some kg's before my first fill but trying realllly hard not to be too much! so glad we are feeling better huh, and how good is sleeping on ur side/tum!!

Bell1138 - it wasnt very long ago that both erinrutledge and I felt pretty shite too, i know i felt "is this ever going to feel normal!?" but after going back to work in the second week things started to become much easier and now, 16 days later things are almost back to normal... i have just a few faint bruising left on my incisions but they do not hurt vey much, and sleeping/moving around is not a problem.

fear not :)

Hello all. Best wishes for speedy recoveries!!! I am 7 days post op and feel ok pain wise. Staples came out yesterday, but a few ares are not healed closed all the way. That is really freaking me out! I am afraid I will spit open!!

My real complaint is being tired all the time, when does that end?? I go back to work tomorrow, I hope I make it through the day!! I was so happy to say I am down 22 lbs since the they weighed me on Jan 25 and them yesterday!!!!! Good luck with everyone else, have a super day.......:)