Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any ideas? First real problem

Okay, so I'm unable to keep any food down, but I'm not sure it's because of a fill, since I had my last fill on New Year's Eve. Everything's been fine up until now.

My stomach is gurgling big time...nothing hurts, though. I couldn't keep anything down yesterday, but I kept trying, so my throat is a little sore from throwing up most of the day.

Today, I tried to take it easy and just have liquids, but I've been nursing this Slim Fast for the past 3 hours and I still have over half of it left. I'm sliming big time too.

Anybody have any ideas? It's just so weird, and I'm weak from not eating anything. Hoping this is just temporary....

I wish I could help, but I don't have any ideas. I just wanted to post to show support. Keep us posted and let us know what is going on. Best of luck!

You may have a blockage. Don't worry about food at the moment the most important thing is Water so that you don't dehydrate. Are you able to drink or does that come back up too? You are probably very swollen from all the PB'ing.If you can't keep Water down try sucking ice chips as these may help.If that doesn't help then you need to see your Dr fairly urgently for a small unfill - not being able to eat isn't a major problem - not being able to drink is!

Hope you feel better soon.

Hi:

I have better luck with warm liquids after a stick. I usually drink hot tea with a teaspoon of sugar in it. I hope you feel better soon. Hydration is important. If you can't hydrate, please call your doctor.

Sue

I hope this isn't the case, but your band may have slipped. It's been a while since your fill and you say you've been fine for now. My doc said if the band slips you can't keep anything down. Don't mean to scare you. I would call your doctor asap.

I definitely would call the doctor on Monday but until you see him/her I would go on total liquids to help the healing.

The doctor is probably going to put you on liquids anyway.

Good luck!!! Think no slip, no slip, no slip.

Are you sure Slim Fast isn't the problem? They were all recalled a few weeks ago and you might have the bad batch. I agree with the otherposter's about calling your doc if you can't tolerate Fluid.< /p>

Good luck, Mimi

Thanks for the responses! I'm able to drink a little bit of Water, but then I just start sliming again. My dh just made me some hot tea. I hope that will help. My doc gives his patients his cell #, so if this doesn't get any better by tomorrow, I will call him.

To be honest, I'm really afraid he'll want to do an unfill, and this last one I got on New Year's was the one that actually has been the best. I think I finally reached my sweet spot, and I'm afraid to lose it. I know, it sounds really bad to say, but that's how I feel. I'm just hoping that it's temporary and whatever's stuck (if that's what it is) just makes its way out and I can go back to normal.

I really appreciate the replies, guys! It makes it so much easier knowing there are people who know what I'm going through :angry:

I went though a slip this last week and that is what I felt like, plus a ton of pressure in my chest.

Good luck and please keep us posted!

Is it possible you have the flu or food poisoning?

Last night I though my dh would have to take me to the hospital. I couldn't swallow my own spit. I was filling up a spit cup everytime I turned around.

Today, however, things seem to be better. Still gurgling a lot, but I'm keeping liquids down!!! I called my doctor and he said I'm probably swollen and he wants me on liquids for a few days. I can handle that. I feel so much better even being able to swallow Water.

You guys really know your stuff. I lurk on these boards a lot and the suggestions and information is so helpful. Thanks!

I read this whole string, and was fearful for you!

I'm soooooo glad you made it through some liquids...

So glad!

Good Luck

So glad you're feeling better and I feel the same way about this forum. I would not have made it through "Bandster Hell" without them. You guys are the best support system a gal could ask for!!!:):lol::biggrin:

Glad you are doing better! Just keep up the liquids until the swelling gets better. Don't be afraid of having some Fluid removed to make it better. You can always put it back in. It's better than going in for a slip repair. Good luck and hang in there!