Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dilated/stretched Pouch...:(

Ok, So I went in for a fill today, and was advised that i have EARLY stages of slippage, etc etc...the pouch is still within the parameters of the band, but i need to fix it now while its early...so they tell me to do a 30 day liquid diet!!! WTH??!! I still got a fill of .2 bringing me to 7cc, b/c believe it or not the 7cc ranges is where i get my sweet spot. I was once at 7.9, but was too tight, resulting in an unfill of what i thought was .3, but ended up being 1.4cc now i have to work my way back up..well anyways i am just wondering if anyone has experienced this and did the liquid diet for less than 30 days and had their problem fixed. Im just being realistic...i can do a 2 week liquid maybe 2 1/2, but 4 weeks???!!! im like in shock!!! lol I will post a picture of the stretched pouch in my album today, so yall can see and get an idea of what im working with...

Any tips, ideas, and experiences of your own are very appreciated!! Thanks

I don't have experience with it, but wanted to say I'm sorry you're facing this. 30 days of liquids would be so hard to take!

Thanks for posting your picture. It is good that this has been caught early.

THanks Betz!!

QUOTE=BetsyB;1414214]I don't have experience with it, but wanted to say I'm sorry you're facing this. 30 days of liquids would be so hard to take!

Yes im thankful i caught it early!! im on my 2nd day of liquids..and soo far soo good!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this problem, but I'm curious...what made your doctor realize the slippage? Were you having symptoms? Or do they always do the fills with a fluoroscope?

hey deb, i wasnt really having symptoms...i mean i was able to sneak in more solid foods...at times...without it coming back up, but i always get my fills done under xray....so thats how it was really detected...they call it "early signs of a stretch"

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this problem, but I'm curious...what made your doctor realize the slippage? Were you having symptoms? Or do they always do the fills with a fluoroscope?

I am so sorry this is happening...and you know we are LB twinz...:thumbdown:....I think I have the same thing...but with my insurance tripping I can't get a flouro to find out....maybe i should do a 30 day liquid diet too to see if that helps my restriction...because I mean at 8.2 ccs I should not be able to eat at all!

Keep me updated....we'll get through this!!!!

so sorry you are dealing with this..

I always get my fills done under fluoroscope so they can see whats going on with my band.. I had been told the same thing in September and at that time I actually was going on a long trip and had signs that I was actually overfilled..

In September I opted to take out all of my liquid out of the band and had every intention of going back and having everything checked out and seeing the dr.. well things happened and I didnt.. then I started gaining a little weight.. since September I gained about 20 pounds or so and with the weight gain I was afraid of going back quite honestly.. I was afraid of what they would tell me and was afraid that I would have to go back in and have surgery.. Well I finally bit the bullet and went back last week... my band has gone back pretty much to where it needed to be and I dont need to have any corrections.. I was able to get 3 cc's in my band and Im excited to be back on track..

Ive had enough of a scare to do what they tell me to I cant imagine 30 days either, but you can do it!! Keep your chin up.. just think how you'll feel at the end of those 30 days when you get the thumbs up..

I just had a fluro on monday and my doc discovered a small slip too. No liguid diet but he took all of my fill out (10cc. in my 14cc. band). I will go back in three weeks and they will do an x-ray. If the band has readjusted itself, they will put the fill back in.