Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my band done in "08" I've only lost 35 pounds. I set back and wonder why I have by lost hat much weight. After you read this give me our thoughts. I try o work out during my break I drink sodas I dning out a lot. My Breakfast is a Protein Bar or a quaker oat meal. My lunch some ink of a Soup or some type of a salad. For dinner soup or meat with veggie. Restaurants we at: taco bell, chick fila- chelinos,Mac Donald's,braums, Santa Fe weak house,mackeys,long John's slivers. I don't eat fried foods. And I don't eat torilla so please help I need to lose 50 pounds by July. Thank you invance. .

Michelle, you asked for help so here is my opinions.

1. Sodas are the devil. Carbonation stretches your pouch. Stop ASAP.

2. Dining out is the leading cause of obesity. 1 time a week is all I can do and still lose weight. Time to start cooking. Restaurant food is loaded with calories and salt. Most things on the menu have more calories than you should have in a day. Even the salads at most restaurants have huge nutritional numbers.

3. 50 lbs by July is too big of a goal. If you have done 35 in 2 years, how can you do 50 in 5 months. How about 3 lbs by the end of next week? This can add up to 50 in 5 months but giving yourself 5 months lets you procrastinate. 3 by the end of next week means you have to start working today.

Start keeping track of everything you eat. I mean everything. Add up how many calories you are consuming in a day. This is very much like a bank account. If you don't write down your checks and just try to run a mental count you will start to bounce checks. No guessing on calories either, look it up on the internet. I think you are fooling yourself on your real diet, you list your food choices as mostly salads and Soup or meat and veggies but the restaurants that you list don't serve these kinds of foods.

Example:

chick-fil-a chargrilled chicken sandwich, medium fries and medium soda 850 calories. Get the regular sandwich, large fries and large soda 1110 calories almost a full day.

So my recommendations include no sodas, cooking instead of eating out, logging your food, counting your calories. (I would keep calories around 1200 per day.) If you will do this for 10 days you will lose weight, I promise. Then you just do it for 10 more days. Then 10 more and before long the 50 lbs and 5 months will be gone. Good luck.

It comes down to calories taken in vs. calories expended. You *could* possibly lose 50 pounds by July but you'll most likely have to go on a killer exercise regimen to do it since you'll just lose slower if you drop your calories below 1200.

Leigha gave some great advice. Fast food is a killer. You can eat a day's calorie requirements in one meal! I've found I'm most successful when I keep it simple. No casseroles or fancy dishes. Just 3 oz grilled or broiled Protein, 1/2 cup steamed vegies and *maybe* (if I still have room) 1/4 cup of carbs (Pasta, potatoes, rice, etc.). If you can eat more than 1/2-1 cup of food in 20-30 minutes (the amount of time you should allot for a meal) and you're hungry before 4 hours have gone by, you need to go for a fill. Don't forget to drink your 64 oz of Water a day. That definitely makes a difference in how quickly the weight drops off.

Remember...without fills and proper restriction, it's just a piece of plastic...and not even decorative since nobody can see it. :)

Edited by ElfiePoo

What both of the previous posters said plus:

Drink loads and loads of clear Water. At least 64 ounces a day.

If you going to eat out, eat at a "REAL" restaurant. Those ones you mentioned are not restaurants. They are fast food joints.

I think that, by tweaking the way you eat, you can achieve your goals, though 50 pounds by July is a pretty lofty goal.

My doctor recommends a low-carb, high-Protein regimen until at least 75% of excess weight is lost. It involves focusing on lean Proteins and non-starchy veggies, with fruits and legumes in moderation. After 75% of excess weight is lost, whole grains are also introduced, in moderation.

Is there a way to limit the amount you eat in restaurants? If so, that will help you a lot. If not, spend some time researching the nutritional information of the foods at the places where you eat. Even if you're eating the way I've described, it's not too hard to find something that works --- at almost every restaurant. It's even easier if you know, ahead of time, what you're going to order. (It's easier to resist temptation if you don't even open the menu.)

When you can, eat at home or pack a meal you've prepared. You'll find you come to prefer this--good-quality food is more satisfying, and you'll feel SO much better when nourishing your body well.

Have you seen your doctor recently? Don't let what you perceive to be a small loss deter you from checking in regularly to ensure that you have appropriate restriction.