Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone? anyone?

Hey guys, i thought this was a place to seek advise and support. I posted a question on October with over 213 views and only 1 reply. The subject line was HELP! Is it because we are 10 months post op and most don't need help? Well, I can admit, I am at the most critical point where I need the most help. I haven't found my sweet spot yet, foods I SHOULD eat are harder to eat than foods I SHOULDN'T eat and I am at the point in my dieting history where the weight starts to creep back on. I come here for help, advise and support. It is hard for me to ask for help and the lack of replies makes it harder. So, if anyone has any advice to the questions I post, please reply. And, if for some reason, you aren't replying, let me know. Thanks.

I am sorry you are having trouble. I haven't been banded yet but I have noticed that threads with descriptive titles seem to get more responses. Things like "help" "why" "how much" and the like don't get as much attention as "no longer losing weight- help me assess my eating plan."

Maybe change your title and post again? I also notice some people post their questions in more than one forum.

Good luck to you and I hope you get some answers. I'll probably be looking for them myself when I get banded. :)

kagead

You posted in "April 09 Bandsters" forum. Many will assume you only want a reply from those who were banded in April 09. Many others will just pass it by in a specific forum. Some may just read it, but not reply.

I was banded in July 09.

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble. I too have trouble eating some of the things other bandsters eat.

The big push is Protein .... my Dr. also stresses this, but I have so much trouble with meat. I do have to suppliment my protein with shakes and such.

Are you sure you are not at your sweet spot?

Give us more detail .... how much have you lost?

How much can you eat for a "meal"? Are you hungry between meals?

I was banded Nov 2009 and my weight loss is 14. I can eat anything- I go for my 3rd fill this Wed. I called my doc office and the girl said to keep a food log and bring it in for him to review to give me suggestions.

At my last visit he told me not to eat yogurt- which I was having for a snack daily. He said it was too much of slider for my band. He stressed Protein first and not to eat a meal any larger than a WW meal.

I too am hoping to hit that sweet spot soon.

Good luck!

Knewme I'm sorry you didn't get the support you were looking for your original post, Help I'm Bored, didn't indicate to me that you were having issues. I didn't reply because my eating isn't anything exciting. At that time I ate piece of sausage or a scarmbled egg for Breakfast. lunch and dinners are usually a pot of something like thick chili or Beef and Barley stew and had one or two Protein shakes a day.

Since then things have changed for me. I have a lot of restriction and eat mostly yogurt for Breakfast with Protein powder. lunch last week was Chili but I have problems with spice now this weekend I did a can of chunky Soup one can last me most of the weekend. Today I made a piece of shoulder steak (beef) in the crockpot with a can of mushroom Soup over top of it, I'm hoping it will be tender enough to go down.

I hope this helps. Your are right that just because we've been banded for 10 months we still need help every fill brings a different twist to our journey.

Yogurt is not a slider food for me. This just shows the difference in tightness for us all. Your "sweet spot" is very much a personal choice in some ways. Many would have rushed in for an unfil if they were as tight as I am.

Yogurt is not a slider food for me. This just shows the difference in tightness for us all. Your "sweet spot" is very much a personal choice in some ways. Many would have rushed in for an unfil if they were as tight as I am.

In the morning yogurt is about all I can get down and I have to wait till about 2 hours after I get up to eat it. It keeps me full till lunch so it's not a slider food for me at this time. I also eating Soups they stick with me for a log while also. I'm going to try tuna salad for lunch this weekend and hoping it won't get stuck.

I've been enjoying some good weight loss but if I'm still this tight at my next appointment I'm going to get a bit taken out.

Hey Knewme...I agree that if you are looking for a bunch of answers that posting in our April '09 forum might not be the best place. While we had about 400 in our group to start, we're now down to about a dozen or so (but keep asking us too as we're in the same place).

I'm really GLAD that you're coming back for help...I need help every week! I can't imagine that the 400 or so Bunnies are now out there doing perfectly with their band and are at goal and that's why they're no longer posting. Unfortunately I think when people need the help the most is when they shy away from posting thinking they're the only one struggling...the exact opposite of what they should be doing for support...so good for you! I come here more often when I need the support and it helps a lot...I don't think, no scratch that, I KNOW I wouldn't be where I am right now without the support and accountability this has brought me.

Keep asking your question in the April Forum and other places...one thing I've learned is that there's always someone here to offer advice or who has had a similar experience. It doesn't get any easier the longer you're into this journey...and I for one will be asking for help no matter how far post-op I am.

I agree with Band Groupie that you need to post in more "public" areas. Many of the long time bandsters are not going to be looking at the April 09 posts to suggest advice. Please post on the post-op site or general discussion sections for more input. There are several long time bandsters that post regularly.