Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I realize it is a carbohydrate and it's probably one of the many things that got me into trouble, but is it allowed once we are on solid food?

Everybody is different with regards to what they can and can't eat. I've been banded for about 2 months now, have had one fill and i can't eat bread, rice or Pasta. These were some of my most fav foods before the band, but honestly I don't really miss them. :sifone:

I'm on my first fill and have found bread and Pasta to be difficult, rice not so bad.

Right now, I can have even a small amount of bread and Pasta though, so start slow and find out.

I realize it is a carbohydrate and it's probably one of the many things that got me into trouble, but is it allowed once we are on solid food?

Yep, it's allowed. Just remember the rules...protein first, then vegies and then...if you still are hungry and have room, the carbs.

Do yourself a favor...weigh the Pasta when you serve yourself. A serving of spaghetti is 2 oz dry (5 oz cooked al dente). The first time I weighed out my portion, I was horrified at how many portions I had overeaten in the past. Really, 5 oz cooked is a nice portion though. After my last fill, I noticed that when I got to the carb portion of my dinner, I turned it down or only ate a bite or two because I was full at that point.

100% whole wheat Pasta would be a much better choice then white pasta. The taste may take a little getting used to. It is better because of all the Fiber, your body will metabolize it slower. It is a good source of carbs.

My doctor said no Pasta or rice b/c it can expand your pouch. I ate pasta anyways (yes - bad me!) but my 2nd fill stopped the Mac n cheese quick so probably can't eat it.

a friend of mine who is over a year out says she can't eat any bread or Pasta at all. not even tiny bits. i'm sad about this becuase i love bread and pasta (mac and cheese!!!) but know that losing those (if i have to) will be well worth it. guess i'll just have to relish in them before my pre op diet. lol

Hi,

I eat Pasta all the time..It goes down very easy for me, much more than meat (protien). Just got back from being away 10 days (cruise), ate Pasta everyday and lost 1 pound.

Also 1 cup of food is less than what is in a lean cuisine.

Just saying.

My dietician says Pasta is fine, but to try not to have starch more than 4 times per week.

I have had it once since banded (Dec. 16th). I did feel very full after eating it and know that it is a no no. So, I stay away from it. But many people who are banded can eat Pasta. Some can't. All depends on the person. Best wishes!