Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've lost 35 lbs and haven't changed clothing sizes yet.... I know my shirts are getting bigger but my pants I can slide them off but I can still where them..... I want smaller clothes.:thumbup:

I have lost the same amount as you- just cleaned out my closet today. I have several sizes so I didn't need to buy anything new yet. I highly reccomend getting clothes that fit. It will make you feel even better about your weight loss. When I need to, I plan to go to walmart/target and get a few things to carry me through for a while. Hope that helps. Keep un the good work!

I'm very grateful that my WLS support group has periodic clothing exchanges. With many RNY folks there are always a number of different sizes available. It's fun to get new-to-me clothes and not spend a mint as we go through this! Do you have a group near you? You could offer to organize or coordinate it - I'm sure others will appreciate the effort too.

I was changing underwear before I acutally changed sizes in clothing. Some people lose inches first and some people lose pounds first. It just depends on the person. I was told an average for a size change is 10 pounds. Not set in stone mind you just an average. I think you will be suprised if you go and just try on a smaller size. You might find they fit. It took me a long time to get used to wearing smaller sizes. At first, even in smaller sizes I still wore my clothing too big. I am 51 years old and I had to take my Mom with me to show me what fit me and what didn't. Too weird. I went from a size 26 to now a size 10 and mediums.

How funny, I also changed underwear well before I changed other sizes. I went from a size 30 to 26 with 54 pound lost this year. Some tops are a 1x while others a 3x depending on how they are styled (and the fabric - they could have shrunk over the years)...at least I can wear things I really liked and kept "just in case' from a few years ago.

Nancy

Once I got aproved for the band I start shopping reseale shops. I gave myself $20 a month to shop. I now have a mix of old clothes in my closets in varous sizes and some new pieces.

The only new thing I bought were 2 pairs of jeans. They are the same size as my old ones, but just fit better as they are not stretched out.. I think this is part of the reason not one person has noticed a near 35 lb. loss-I am still wearing same clothes. I refuse to buy new stuff in all the same size. I can't get into anything smaller in the stores though. I have always been funny with sizes in clothes. Like I was a 14 in 12th grade 25 years ago, gained 100+ pounds and was at most a 20....go figure,,,,

I have lost a little over 60 pounds and have gone from an 18 to a 10. I think that the first 40 pounds I went down one size, the past 20 pounds I went down 3 sizes. I get my jeans at Sam's. They are 9 west and are a bargain at 15.77. I go to Sam's every 2 weeks and pick up a size lower when I go.

I've lost 31 pounds and am still wearing the same clothes I was pre-band.

However, we went to a baby shower on Saturday and I found a pair of black dress pants (2 sizes smaller) in the back of the closet that I bought and was unable to wear and just never got rid of them. I put on one of my newer, smaller tops and the pants and oh my gosh! I'm definitely going to go out and buy a couple pair of new pants and toss these things I've been swimming in. The weight loss is so much more apparent and I looked *good* which in turn has made me more motivated!

Do you mean you can slide your pants off without unbuttoning and unzipping them? If so, you have definitely changed sizes! I used to have these pants that fit me everywhere from a 14 to a size 20. They had lycra in them and I got to the point on one diet where I could slide them down to use the bathroom without unbuttoning or unzipping them. You can still wear them, just cut the tag out so it doesn't annoy you. ;-> But, please go out and try on some new clothes so you can at least see that you really have changed sizes.

Haha.... This had me laughing because I can SOOOOO Relate... So I have size 18s and I can still wear them however, I can pull them down or off and on without every touching the buttons and zippers... LOL...

Because I am used to weight flucuations I have clothes that are between 18s to 14s as well. Last week I found a pair of the 14s and they fit beautifully and on the loose side NOT stretched across my BUM like they wanted to split/burst open like the last time I wore them a couple of years ago... I was soooo excited and my Physical Therapists commented about how much weight I've lost and how fantastic I look... It felt good hearing it from her because she is so cute and tiny.. Probably 90 pounds soaking wet which means I am still a bohemeth next to her yet she noticed!

Now if only I can get my Boyfriend to notice.... Okay, in his defense... His eyeglasses are like coke bottles they are so thick... Haha.... And he is almost 60 years old, so he does not focus on how much or how little I weight.... He just loves me for who I am, I guess...

Last Wednesday, I went to our local Dress Barn to buy a couple of pairs of new jeans, as all my old jeans are just hanging on me. I wore my size 26s in there with a belt holding them up, as my size 24s weren't dry (I was doing laundry that morning). I went in expecting to get a size 22, but I was able to fit into a size 20! I was so excited!

Also, last summer, I bought a bunch of new underwear before I started this journey. I had to buy a larger size, which was 12. Wednesday I went to Target and was able to buy size 9 underwear! My butt looks so cute now, rather than all saggy baggy. I need to go buy some more underwear as I only bought 3 pair. I need at least one week's worth as I don't like doing laundry more often than that.

It won't be too much longer before I buy new work clothes. All my slacks are baggy butts, and my skirts are hanging low on my hips.

I'll wait a bit longer before I buy new tops as I'm still pretty busty, even though they are getting smaller.

Last Wednesday, I went to our local Dress Barn to buy a couple of pairs of new jeans, as all my old jeans are just hanging on me. I wore my size 26s in there with a belt holding them up, as my size 24s weren't dry (I was doing laundry that morning). I went in expecting to get a size 22, but I was able to fit into a size 20! I was so excited!

My butt looks so cute now, rather than all saggy baggy.

Congratulations! What an awesome thing when you discover what size you are buying compared to what size you thought you were going to buy! I can't wait til MY moment... Keep up the good work!

The day I can walk into a Macy's and not have to trudge to the 4 th floor or the depths of the basement hidden behind Maternity to find the "fat" (womens') department, I will be so happy.

Ever stand in Juniors or Misses and ask a size 2 associate or a male one where "womens" is and they say, "You're in it". ? They think you mean female clothes. How humiliating that I have to say, No, I mean the larger sizes or fat sizes. and they sau OOOOOHHH!

The day I can walk into a Macy's and not have to trudge to the 4 th floor or the depths of the basement hidden behind Maternity to find the "fat" (womens') department, I will be so happy.

QUOTE]

And lets not forget the fact that most of the larger sized clothes are Matronly looking. Even the Business suits make me feel old... Okay, So I am a grandma... I'm a very "young" grandma and I want to dress and look cute even in my business clothes... I am soo excited and anticipating the day.........