Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is happening to me? OMG!

I am having the hardest time swallowing today! My Vitamin didn't go down very well this morning. I felt nauseous. I have already decided to go back to liquid vitamins but I haven't bought it yet. But I took the vitamin at 8:30 this morning! Getting my lunch down was really hard (Lean Cuisine chicken Chow Mein). It got stuck! I haven't had as much Water today as I usually do because since taking my vitamin I haven't been feeling very well. I made a salad for dinner and couldn't get it down. Any of this sound familiar to anyone? I had my last fill sometime in mid November. I have felt pretty sure I am at my sweet spot, so why am I feeling tighter NOW? I am perplexed.

Did you swallow a Vitamin whole? Maybe it is stuck in your stoma? I was told to never swallow any pill whole.

The surgeon told me there are no pills small enough to take whole. I always use chewable or sublingual or use a pill crusher.

Yes, I did swallow it whole, but I've done that before ... but I agree, it's not a good idea. But duhhhhh, why didn't it occur to me to buy chewable Vitamins???? Thanks, I will buy some tomorrow! The liquid vitamins go down well but they taste terrible! LOL

If the Vitamin is still stuck that would be weird ... but I suppose it is possible.

My surgeon said if it's bigger than an M&M to cut in in half...

Try drinking hot tea. It will help the pill melt faster. In the future, cut it up or buy chewable.< /p>

I hope this didn't happen but it may be that your band sliped. My surgeon told me if it slips I will have trouble keeping anything down. If it continues I would call your surgeon just to be sure. Best Wishes.

If it's that time of the month, my band has started getting tighter during that time. This just started the last two months.

You could also have some inflammation/swelling from the pill incident. I'd recommend sticking with liquids for a day or two and that should go down. I take 2 chewable flintstones a day (doc suggests the flintstones, go figure). However, my doc has told me not to worry about pills and so far I haven't had an issue, guess I'll keep an eye on it in the future!

My Doc told me of a person that had to have surgery to remove a pill that was taken whole. That was enough to make me follow his rule of never swallowing a pill. I would think they would do an unfill first. I am lucky I was not taking and Rx meds.

I also take Flintstone complete chewables, 1 in the am and 1 in the pm. Thats what the doc reccommended. I would prolly call my doc if i were u, dont take any chances!

I am having the hardest time swallowing today! My Vitamin didn't go down very well this morning. I felt nauseous. I have already decided to go back to liquid Vitamins but I haven't bought it yet. But I took the Vitamin at 8:30 this morning! Getting my lunch down was really hard (Lean Cuisine chicken Chow Mein). It got stuck! I haven't had as much Water today as I usually do because since taking my vitamin I haven't been feeling very well. I made a salad for dinner and couldn't get it down. Any of this sound familiar to anyone? I had my last fill sometime in mid November. I have felt pretty sure I am at my sweet spot, so why am I feeling tighter NOW? I am perplexed.

It could be that the pill got stuck for a time and now you have some swelling. If nothing is going down, including liquids call your doc.

If you can get liquids down, take it easy and see if it resolves in a day or so. I find after a stuck episode that I feel tight for a day or two.

Now, as to day to day band life. Some days I feel tighter than others. One day I can eat something, andthe next day it won't go down well. I asked my surgeon about it. His response is that the stomach naturally moves up and down within the band.

My Dr. said that if it will fit through the top of a water bottle it's fine to swallow. I take all of my pills without a problem, a couple are good sized. I only once had a problem with a herbal capsule early on that would not dissolve.

I was told it is the size of a straw or a pencil . If the stoma was as large as the opening of a Water bottle, what would be the point of chewing so much? food that was only chewed a little bit would easily go through.

Dry chicken and will get stuck. My pills never get stuck. Perhaps because I swallow them with lots of Water?