Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really weird question for those who have lost a significant amount of weight :D

Ok this is probably a strange question but it's something I've been wondering...

Do you "feel" shorter now that you've lost a lot of weight? I was sitting in a chair at work yesterday that I don't normally sit in. We were all in a training class away from our cubicles. The chair was a typical desk chair with arms and when I bent my arms to rest them on the arm rests the arm rests were too low for my arms! And I thought "Maybe it's the chair." Then I looked around at the "normal" sized ppl and they were resting their arms comfortably on their arm rests. And I checked to see if the arm rest height was adjustable and it wasn't. So I was thinking...does all the extra padding on my butt make me "taller" when I'm sitting down? :) And I notice that table tops seem lower than they should be when I'm sitting down in front of them and I'm not a tall girl at all. I'm 5'5".

Is it just me? Or do I have getting "shorter" to look forward to? :)

Yeah - you'll get shorter! My husband is 2 inches taller then me, but when we sit......I'm "taller". As your butt gets smaller, you'll sit lower in a chair, in your car, etc. Funny isn't what we have to look forward to? I notice I don't have to get too far into the car now before I can close the door! I can judge my weight loss by how much my "hip" hangs out before I can close the car door! HEHE:lol:

Yeah - you'll get shorter! My husband is 2 inches taller then me, but when we sit......I'm "taller". As your butt gets smaller, you'll sit lower in a chair, in your car, etc. Funny isn't what we have to look forward to? I notice I don't have to get too far into the car now before I can close the door! I can judge my weight loss by how much my "hip" hangs out before I can close the car door! HEHE:lol:

Haha!! That's awesome! Thanks for answering! :)

I actually feel/get taller! Now...I have to explain myself. Even at 340+ I NEVER had a butt. So I think I actually sit on my butt bone. HaHa:lol:

I am tall to start with 5.9 but after losing these 60 pounds, I feel like Im 6ft tall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Yes this is surely the case for me! I have a huge butt and the more I lose the lower I feel (or sink into) chairs or anything confining... ie, car seats...

At 5'9" i am not short at all, but as I am losing I feel like I get shorter....lol...I think it's because as my butt goes the bottoms of my jeans drag the ground and get longer on me because there is not as much butt for them to go around :)

I'm so glad I'm getting responses! I was so afraid you'd all think I was crazy and ignore this thread! :)

I'm lovin' the answers!

Keep 'em comin'!!! :)

LOL I think I can safely say no one will think you are crazy. It baffles me the things that change as we lose weight, like shoe size, who would have thought your shoe size can change drastically. I've seen where people went down 2 sizes in shoes!!! My shoes are actually starting to get loose now so I have quit giving into my shoe shopping obsession because why waste the money if they won't fit in a couple of months. :)

LOL I think I can safely say no one will think you are crazy. It baffles me the things that change as we lose weight, like shoe size, who would have thought your shoe size can change drastically. I've seen where people went down 2 sizes in shoes!!! My shoes are actually starting to get loose now so I have quit giving into my shoe shopping obsession because why waste the money if they won't fit in a couple of months. :)

Phew! Thanks! :)

I hope my shoe size goes down, too. I am so excited to start seeing the changes my body will be going through! :)

Ha - speaking of shoes.....I've fallen off one pair twice - they're just too big! They flop around on my feet and twice I've forgotten to "hang on" with my toes and boom - down I go! Not a pretty sight. LOL :)

Funny one of my NSG is to be able to rest my arms on the arms of chairs without leaning. Now I have so much padding my arms tend to dangle a bit above the arms of most chairs.

OK, you're all going to love this. A few weeks ago my husband said he could not pick me out in a crowd becaue my HEAD was so much smaller. Now he did not mean my face, he was looking from the back but actually my head. Good Grief!!!!!!

Oh no! I'm going to feel even SHORTER than I already do?!?!

I'm only 5' 3" to begin with! :biggrin:

kagead

yeah, I sit lower in chairs and the car now. It is kinda cool.:biggrin: