Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LBT Member (Francesca) Needs support!

Francesca, I'm so sorry you're going through this. Strong thoughts for quick and total healing, and best wishes to you for the next step in your journey. You're going to be fine!!

Francesca--I started praying the moment Penni emailed me on this- @#$$#%%%^&**((*-- I am so pissed off- WHY????????????????? Not Sweet Francesca- Not anyone!! I hate that this crap happens & I feel so helpless in helping those it hits. I don't get it!! WHy???

Please call me girl when ever you able. You are getting super prayers & a special candle lite for you this Sunday for quick healing & a new band if you choice it. I am here for you. God Bless!

((hugs)) to you Francesca. And I ditto everything Leatha said - we are so SO grateful this was "caught" now!

Also, I want to say that as a LBT member for over a year, that this is the 3rd case of erosion that I remember reading about among our hundreds of regular members (even thousands).

Im saying this so the newbies will know that this is VERY uncommen in bandsters! VERY! A slipped band is more commen, and yet - even that isnt heard of very often.

I'm so sorry to hear that you are losing your band.

Here's a big ((((((HUG)))))) for you. Feel better soon!

I am so so sorry for you Francesca - what a terrible thing to find out. Did you have any type of symptoms that suggested possible erosion or was it a complete surprise. (This worries me)

I hope that you will feel well and that you will recovery completely and quickly. Thank goodness you expereinced the great loss of weight with the band that you have. Is it now impossible to have a future band put on because of the damage. What happens now if you have this erosion and band removal?

Please know that I will keep you in my prayers and my thoughts. Take care, Nancy

I am home.. and I still have my band.... I am sooooooooo sad and I also could not believe that this is happining to me. Thank you for all the well wishes and support, I need it!!!

Thank you Michelle, you are the best. And I just checked my messages when I got home. George from Dr. Ortiz's office called, a little too late I am home......

I will call them Monday..

I am going to wait to have my band removed. Dr. Martinez thinks I should have had it done ASAP but I will have to have to wait... wish me all the best during this waiting period..

In the meantime I am going to get serious and lose my last 40 lbs before I have my band taken out..I probably have 2 months or so.. maybe less maybe more.. who knows...

As far as symptoms NO , just went in for a routine fill

This apparently happens a lot!!!!! I am proof. My Dr. told me of 3 recent cases.Guess I am still a little bummed and bitter!!

Any one with erosion info please send it my way!!! logg@snowcrest.com

love,

Francesca

So happy to hear from you!

Please take care of YOU

edit to say..we all will fight for our band, it's so hard to imagine what your going through

Francesca, they let you keep your band? I hope that means the damage is minimal. Can you tell us how you arrived at that decision, and what the doctors say?

I am really sorry this is happening. What an amazing thing you have accomplished. Im not up on the facts with erosion...are you able to get another band?

Again I am really sorry.

I don't know how I missed this thread.

Francesca I'm so sorry you have to go thru this. Please know you have many friends praying for you.

HUGS !!!!!!

Sending you Prayers that you will heal and recovery ASAP. You have come along way Francesca and have just a short ways to go for the last 40lbs but even if you do not get them off, You look amazing. I wish you the best..