Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

please tell me what you consumed on preop liquid diet?

what did you consume on your preop diet ?

how long was it for ?

how much did you lost?

did you get sick or dizzy?

were you taking medication?

how long was it for ?

how much did you lost?

Protein shakes every 3 hrs, Jello, Soups pureed in blender, and my saving grace was my SF popsicles and fudgesicles. There is no doubt about it, it was tough!

My dr. had me on 5 shakes a day plus a cup of Veggies for dinner. It lasted 2 weeks and I was quite out of it for the first 3. But after that it was not so hard. The thought of waking up and finding out I could not be banded because I had broken the diet kept me on it. I lost about 15 pounds.

how long was it for ?

how much did you lost?

Consumed- Clear liquids (chicken broth, sherbert, italian ice, Water, apple juice, cranberry juice, etc)

Length- 5 days

Lost- 8 pounds (I was told this isn't real weight loss)

I was extremely tired on the clear liquid diet.

I take Parlodel for a Pituitary Growth.

I know I will get a lot of negative responses but I ate whatever I wanted up until the day before surgery. Who are we kidding, if we could stick to a liquid diet we would not need surgery. BTW I am over 2 years out and over a 100 pounds lighter.

2 weeks of pure hell, followed by 4 more. Liquid Protein and Soup was all pre-op and I felt miserable. It was very much like quitting smoking. Felt terrible and was very cranky. Moving to mushy stuff didn't really help either. I craved anything with texture. But I got past it and did pretty well.

what did you consume on your preop diet ? Carnation Instant Breakfast sugar free mixed with skim milk and non-fat dry milk, cream Soups mixed with skim milk and non-fat dry milk and my personal saviour (ok'd by my nut.), egg drop Soup. SF Jello, SF popsicles for a snack (twice daily). Any combination of these adding up to 60g Protein.< /p>

how long was it for ? 2 weeks (One week down)

how much did you lost? I've lost 10 pounds so far

did you get sick or dizzy? surprisingly, as long as I stay around the 60g protein mark, I feel just fine.

were you taking medication? I only take birth control and Protonix (acid reflux meds)

I struggled with all liquids, and although it was a risk, if I felt like I was going to crumble, I chose something from this list. It is off a weight loss surgery website - what they give their patients pre op.

Pre-op liver reduction plan

Just because you are awaiting a surgical treatment for your morbid obesity, this is not an excuse to sit back and gorge out on as much food as you can! Any weight you can lose through dieting before your surgery is an advantage - it will make the surgery easier and will reduce the risks associated with it.

Some surgeons mandate a very restricted diet - one that is low in fat, sugar and carbohydrates - for one week prior to surgery and even if your surgeon doesn't ask you to follow this diet, doing so will increase your chances of your operation being completed laparoscopically because it will shrink your liver down in size. By following a strict diet, your body reduces its glycogen stores (glycogen is a form of sugar stored in the liver and muscles for energy). With each ounce of glycogen, the body stores 3–4 ounces of Water, so when you follow a very strict diet, especially one that is low in starch and sugar, your body loses its glycogen stores and some Water. The liver shrinks as it has less glycogen and water in it. This diet is only recommended for one week before surgery and is not to be followed post–operatively. It is quite possible you lose a lot of weight that week, but it will be mainly be water loss. Please ensure you continue to drink throughout the day.

Here are some menu suggestions:

Breakfast Small bowl of Cereal, or

1 slice of toast with a scraping of low fat spread lunch 1 slice bread or 2 crispbreads

Small portion lean meat or fish, or

Small portion cheese, or 2 eggs (not fried)

Green salad (no dressing) or tomatoes dinner Small portion lean meat or fish, or

Small portion low fat cheese, or 2 eggs, or

Tofu or Quorn based dish

1 small potato or 2 tablespoonfuls Pasta or rice

Vegetables (as many as you like except for root vegetables) Daily 1/3 pint milk for use in drinks and on Cereal

2 portions of fruit (e.g. apple, orange, banana, pear)

Free water, tea, coffee, low calorie squash or fizzy drinks

1 low fat, low sugar yogurt or fromage frais

Most days I did a shake for breakfast and lunch, and dinner I had a piece of fish or a different lean meat.

First week, 2 low carb Slim Fast and 1 low carb tv dinner (the doctor gave me a list). In between that if I am hungry, I can have SF Jello, SF pudding, SF popsicle, all SF drink except sodas.

2nd week- liquid only, so I had 4-5 low carb Slim Fast drink and other SF liquid drinks.

I've lost total of 21 lbs.

I am in the thick of pre-op diet now. I'm on 2-3 Protein shakes a day plus one meal of lean meat and veggies. I've actually been having a big salad (some variation of 2 cups romaine lettuce, sliced mushrooms, celery and cucumber with fat free dressing) and I've been having that as lunch so I'm not so cranky at work.

I have also had sugar free pops, jell-0 and broth. At this point I've lost 10 - 12lbs.