Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 fills.....no restriction?????

Morning!!!

Someone please help! I was banded 10/19 (yea 34 pounds down) I was doing very well. SO far I have had 2 fills, both times after I felt no restriction!!! I can noweat a full meal with no problem and have become hungry more often!!! Whats going on is this normal!!! Im started to get discouraged!! Im wondering if the dr is even filling anything

Depending on the size of the fills your doctor gives, it could take 4 or 5 fills or even more. Answer back,

1. What size band do you have? 9cc, 10cc, 14cc?

2. Total amount of fill you've received so far.

Then we can better respond.

not sure the size of my band but i guess I have to find that out but I know as of right now after 2 fills I have 2 1/2 cc's

Well, with any of the three band sizes I'm aware of, 2.5cc isn't all that much.

What I was told to do consistently until I reached my sweet spot was to eat three meals a day. 3 oz. of lean Protein (about the size of a deck of cards), a serving of vegetable and a whole grain carb serving. IF (which really meant "WHEN") I got hungry in less than four hours, I was to eat a Protein snack of about 60-70 calories. The suggested Snacks were a boiled egg or an ounce of low fat cheese or a little deli sliced turkey.

Once I got to my sweet spot (where you can go at least 4 hours between meals), then I was told to give up the Snacks and only eat a snack when I knew I would have to go well beyond my time frame where I wasn't hungry.

Hope that helps!

I was banded at the end of July and I am down 30 lbs so woohoo for u to already be down 34! That's awesome!

I have had 3 fills and am currently at 7.2 in a 10 cc band. After the first two fills, I felt zero restriction. I could eat fast and not chew well and everything still went down just fine. Now, after my 3rd fill, I have had 2 sliming episodes and 1 PB. I didn't chew well :thumbup: I am scheduled for another fill in about two weeks. So for me, hopefully, I will be at my "sweet spot" after this next fill.

You will get there. Hopefully the next fill will be your "sweet spot"!

whew!

I was so worried because I can eat about anything and not have a issue!!!! I do have some sharp pain on my left side when I eat to fast!!! I was getting seriously getting discouraged with the surgery!

It is very normal to not feel any restriction at only two fills. I finally felt restriction after 5 fills....until then I had to just diet. Not fun, but I did lose weight that way. ONce you feel restriction, it really is so amazing....

Have a question. I'm not banded yet but hope to be in May. Why does the doctor put so little in to begin with. Wouldn't it be better to put more ccs in and take out until you are at the right place. Am I missing something?

Have a question. I'm not banded yet but hope to be in May. Why does the doctor put so little in to begin with. Wouldn't it be better to put more ccs in and take out until you are at the right place. Am I missing something?

They can't, its got to be done gradually, overfilling is very painful. I just got my 4th fill, all the weight I have lost so far has been from dieting/exercise. This 4th fill is the first one I actually felt anything. I now have some relief from being so hungry.

i was the same way! First 2 fills i felt almost nothing...from my 2nd fill i felt restriction for about 4 days...then nothing!

I've had my third fill on 12/30 and i'm scheduled for a 4th in a week and a half...it's funny because i've definately felt a difference with this third fill..HOWEVER, just over the last 2 days (which is about 2 1/2 weeks after my last fill), i'm now feeling really good restriction! It can sometimes take alittle longer i guess....

Don't worry! You'll feel it soon...at your next fill find out what size band you have...i have a 14cc band and my last fill took me to 7.5cc's....