Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

amazing what a 35 lbs loss can do

Good Morning!

So i have been getting a lot of compliments about my weight loss. And i did go down from size 22 to 18 but i wanted to see what others were seeing. So i took a picture just of my face and compared to it before the surgery. I cant believe what a 35 lbs loss can do to my face- I can't even imagine what I will look like when i get to my goal weight.

Doc32.doc

I am glad you took your picture for that AHA moment, Non scale Victory!!! I thought my face was not slimming down til I, too, compared pictures, what a revelation!!!

Best wishes for continued success.

Mimi

Same thing happened to me - I couldn't really tell see the difference in the mirror but I looked at a before photo and wow, my face looked so bloated compared to now. I've also lost my second chin which is a bonus - there's really no need for two :blink:

I think weight loss can change a person a bit like plastic surgery can - even my face looks different. As a result of not having so much facial padding, my eyes and mouth look bigger lol

Your pic really shows the difference...

Not 1 person has said a thing about my 30 pound loss. I think I see it a bit in a picture from Christmas. I am a slow loser and packed on quite a bit in the 6 months prior to surgery.

I teach HS and those kids notice EVERYTHING, so it really must not show on me yet, b/c they would say something for sure. "Miss, you lose weight? How? How much You trying to get a man?" LOL

At my work, I have to wear an ID card. Security keeps telling me I have to get a new one because they cannot tell that it is me in the old picture!

Tracy,

I found people didn't start noticing until about the 30 lb. mark for me. I started at a lower BMI. But I felt everyone should be saying something at 10 lbs down! Then I reached a certain point and whammo, everyone noticed at the same time. Even the UPS driver. It was very wierd! Sort of like it took one part of me to change before they noticed.

But, I don't work around HS kids. But I am thinking at some point all of them are going to see it at the same time and be like, WHAT??

Denise

I wish I looked like my ID card. It was taken 13 years ago. First of all I am so young looking...where did that skin go? LOL and I was about 160 lbs. then. I was fat then too, but boy oh boy, if I looked like that now.....

I wish I looked like my ID card. It was taken 13 years ago. First of all I am so young looking...where did that skin go? LOL and I was about 160 lbs. then. I was fat then too, but boy oh boy, if I looked like that now.....

My old driver's license was from 1992 when I was near goal at Weight Watchers! I LOVED that picture. I had cheekbones! I had to get a new one taken just this year.

I cried all the way to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles!

WOW!!! is all i can say!!!! i have surgery on the 15th of january 2010. i cant wait!!!! im so super happy for you!! you look awesome!! Heather

I had a similar victory a week after surgery, then 2 two weeks.. I'm taking weekly pics to capture the differences.. taking the pics straight on instead of the classic "up angle" pose lol.. No more is it necessary.. today is my day to take pics again.. so I'll take some later. :blink:

congrats on the loss!!!

I was the same way..i'm about 40 pounds down since surgery and a lot of times i just dont' see it in the mirror..then i saw a picture of myself from last christmas at my highest (which was also what i weighed until 2 months before surgery) and i was DISGUSTED! I looked so distorted and bloated!

It's really nice when people notice, especially when i feel stuck and bloated but they see me as smaller...it really helps me kick into reality that, yes, i'm still losing..even if its inches moving first!

Thanks everybody :blush:

I think depending on the body type the change is seen differently. I know a lot of overweiight people who do not have a double chin! If you didn't see their full body pictures you would never guess that they are overweight.

I didn't see much in my face because I always had a thin face. I still have the double chin though, if I look down. Hopefully I can save for one of those chin lifts that they have been advertising on tv. I don't wear turtlenecks anymore though, boy does that extra skin look terrible in a turtleneck.

I did save some of my heavier clothes and love putting them on now. At my heaviest I was wearing size 18 TIGHT! but I wouldn't buy size 20.

I am now wearing size 10 comfortably and went to Kohls and got some size 8's from the clearance rack for the future.

But I found a size 6 that was cut wrong and they fit. I know they are cut bigger than the stated size because they fit like my size 10's but boy is it fun to show off that label.

I had the band for health problems and haven't taken a blood pressure pill in 3 months and my neuropathy and fibromyalgia have both lessened, and I can sit on the floor to play with my grandson and get up on my own.

Good Morning!

So i have been getting a lot of compliments about my weight loss. And i did go down from size 22 to 18 but i wanted to see what others were seeing. So i took a picture just of my face and compared to it before the surgery. I cant believe what a 35 lbs loss can do to my face- I can't even imagine what I will look like when i get to my goal weight.

Your post made me LOL! I have lost approx 40 lbs since my surgery on December 3rd. I feel really good and have gone from a 24 to a 14/16 top and an 18/20 bottom. But all anyone says is "wow, your face looks so much thinner!". it infuriates me sometimes (inside) that down 40 lbs, all anyone notices is my face, heh. So when I saw your post, I thought "another woman who lost 40 lbs off her face!".

Good work!!!! I figure in another 20 lbs or so I might start getting compliments on my figure too. Lets hope so!

I think I will have my husband take a picture for me today so that I can see what others are seeing.

~Mya

The paople who see me regularly have not noticed that I am down 31lbs but people who haven't seen me in a while, seem to notice right away. Maybe it is like when people don't recognise your kids because they are bigger, but to you they look the same.

I had a wonderful compliment about a week ago. A man who I had not seen in a couple years came into my business. He asked me about the "older" woman "who used to work here "that had a son in the military. I told him it was me, and he said "Wow you look younger!! I said yes I colored my hair, and he said "Well you must have lost a bunch of weight too!!" I smiled for the rest of the day!!!!

I had a similar victory a week after surgery, then 2 two weeks.. I'm taking weekly pics to capture the differences.. taking the pics straight on instead of the classic "up angle" pose lol.. No more is it necessary.. today is my day to take pics again.. so I'll take some later. :thumbup:

OMG I confess I was sitting there taking my 7 day post op pic and realized. Oh crap. Why am I using "the angle"? I had to delete the pic and take a head on, full smile pic. LOL. I felt like i stop lying to myself. HAHAHA!