Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am tired of making goals of how many pounds to lose. It has been about 8yrs since I have been able to wear jeans from a regular store. I am in a size 20 in a plus size store now. Today I bought a pair of size 18 jeans from a store that doesn't have a plus size dept. They are about 2-3 inches from buttoning now. I am finally getting back on track and hope to get in them in about a month or so. Have any of you used clothes as short term goals? If so tell me your story. Good luck everyone!

Omg luv this post i have small goals to fit into smaller sizes and believe me it is so nice to buy regular size clothes went from a skin tight 20 w to a 12 now. We have a store that has a plus side on one side and reg size on the other and i remember being able to buy from the reg size side for the 1st time. I actually bought a belt the other day my kids are mesmorized that mommy is wearing a bel. Keep up the hard work.

I originally had some old jeans that i loved from before my 3rd pregnancy that was my 1st goal to be able to just get into those and now they are to big but i still won't throw them out yet

Yes, clothes are a big motivation for me. Over the years as I have gained weight, I did not get rid of my clothes. I had always hoped I would take the weight off and BA able to wear them again. It is a slow process, but I have been getting down to the smaller sizes. I do not like the clothes at the plus size stores. They all look like house coats that fat old ladies wear. I make mini goals by setting out, or bringing to the front of the closet, the next pants I want to fit in. One of these days I might be able to break out the "skinny jeans" I have tucked away in a drawer.

I do this all the time. Just yesterday I bought a pair of size 12 jeans on clearance. I can almost zip them. My goal is to wear these comfortably by Valentine's day. I never buy clothes too far ahead, but they really work for me for short-term. I still can't believe I bought size 12 jeans. Last year at this time, I had lost 80 lbs and was thrilled that I could wear 18s.

Cindy

You all are doing so great! I did great the first few months I was banded, but then went off track. I lost 62 lbs in the first few months then gained back 20lbs. I have lost 18 of those 20lbs now but still dont feel like I am doing very well. I was banded 1yr and 3 months ago and have only lost 60lbs. I still weigh over 260lbs. I want to be in onederland so bad. I have not been there since I was 15 yrs old and that was only for a few months. Before that I was about 10 yrs old the last time I weighed less than 200lbs. I have always been severly obese and feel like I will always be. My next weight goal is 247, that will put my BMI under 40 and I will be considered overweight instead of obese! I will make it to onederland one of these days. Thanks for the support everyone..

I bought a pair of 14's from a jr department a few months ago. I can get them on, but they are really tight. I am looking forward to getting in them!

I bought a pair of size 14 jeans a month or two after getting banded. I used to wear a size 18-20. I could hardly get them up much less button them when I bought them but, the wear 80% off and that's like a rule! : ) Anyways, they're to big now. What a great feeling!

I laughed when I saw your post. Not at you but at myself. Never really made it a goal but it has been in the back of my mind. And this tells you how long I have been fighting the weight. I have been hauling a pair of jeans around for over 20 years that I bought and wore exactly once.I always wonder if I will fit in them again. They were the begining of there at the beigining of the weight gain....maybe at the end too.

Great goal! I agree that numbers on a scale can get boring. There is no bigger thrill for me than being able to fit into clothes that I couldn't before. Or, having stuff that used to be tight, feel loose. I'm just starting this journey (banded in December), but I just found that I could fit into a favorite pair of jeans that had become too tight for me before. And, that has been my favorite reward so far.

Also, previous to being banded, a good friend of mine came over and helped me go through all my old clothes, get rid of stuff I wouldn't want to wear again, and we boxed up everything that I still liked, but was too small and categorized it as 'stage 1', 'stage 2', and 'stage 3'.

Basically, as all my current clothes become loose, I open up 'stage 1' and it has the next one to two sizes down. Then, when that becomes loose, I open up the 'stage 2' box, etc. 'Stage 2' and 'Stage 3' are stored in the garage, but 'Stage 1' is stored in two boxes in my closet right above my current clothes. So, I keep looking up there and wondering when I will be ready to open those boxes. :->

Wow! Kare, you really struck a chord with a lot of us...I started out in a 16 but they were bursting and very time i went down a size, I also bought one pair of the next size down and laid them on the vanity counter so they could talk to me every day! I was recently in a 12 short Levis with the 10s on the vanity and those were just too tight. I had a juniors size 13 short Levis nd those fit me great. Those juniors are smaller than the misses I guess because the 13 is in between the 12 and the 10...go figure!

Anyway if you are interested go to the profile page of a girl called lellow...she's amazing and took the cutest picture of her jeans lying one on top of the other down to her tiny now-size...I did one of my own for my laptop's screensaver!

I have had as my tag line..."a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single pair of jeans" and I wondered if people would get it. But I know YOU would!!

Oh, PS: My jeans now talk to me the way my fridge USED TO!!!

Love this tread. I was shopping the other day and trying on clothes. I tried on what I thought was a 16 expecting them to be lose, (a 14 mostly fits now) I was so disappointed when they were tight! As I was going to put them back on the rack I decided to take a peek at the tag in case the hanger was wrong. IT WAS! They were a size 12! I bought those pants and will wear them soon!

I do this, I am in a size 10 and my short term goal is one more size down, A 9. Single digit for the first time in 25yrs. I already have the jeans, I bought them on an after Christmas sell and am hoping to get in them soon.

Thanks for the great idea! :( I am pre-op and a size 18-20 and have a 16 and 14 jeans both new with tags that I refused to give away, those will be my motivation.

This is such a great thread! I agree that the numbers on the scale don't tell the whole story.

When I had my surgery (6-8-09/325lbs), I was wearing a snug size 28 jean. Today, I wore a size 18/20 jean and was actually able to breathe comfortably in them. :)

My short term goal is to be able to comfortably wear a pair of size 18 capris this summer. My ultimate goal is to have both my weight and my clothing size begin with a "1." I currently weigh 265. I am hoping to reach my ultimate goal by the end of this year. Anything after that will just be icing on the cake. Sorry for the pun. :)